2017 GP Skate Canada Mens SP | Page 37 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Skate Canada Mens SP

Ylyzybyth

Final Flight
...This might be a better Winter than Yagudin's.

He's just SOOOOO musical. And the program is brilliantly choreographed to every note.

I was a big Shoma hater last season. (Not like a big hater, but, like, his programs did nothing for me, and I thought his SP very overscored.)

JOKE'S ON ME. THIS PROGRAM IS AMAZING. I don't think I like the LP as much. But this SP is a legit masterpiece.
I feel you on the real here. I was so annoyed with him last year!

I'm sorry but I can not comprehend the same PCS as Patrick for Shoma. Apologizing to Shoma's fans but no, no, no.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
...This might be a better Winter than Yagudin's.

He's just SOOOOO musical. And the program is brilliantly choreographed to every note.

I was a big Shoma hater last season. (Not like a big hater, but, like, his programs did nothing for me, and I thought his SP very overscored.)

JOKE'S ON ME. THIS PROGRAM IS AMAZING. I don't think I like the LP as much. But this SP is a legit masterpiece.

It's a great program, but nothing can match that 6.0 era footwork :rock:

Kara

Final Flight
Always happy to see good skating in the morning! Sad for the tech panel going after my poor bby Jun, but I can accept it. He's injured and the youngest on the grand prix and probably should have stayed a junior in the first place if it wasn't for home Olympics.:sad4: Patrick was stunning and Shoma always impresses me with his stability and the INTENSE look. The overabundance of 2 foot skating is painfully noticeable after Patrick though.

GGFan

Record Breaker
I'm sorry but I can not comprehend the same PCS as Patrick for Shoma. Apologizing to Shoma's fans but no, no, no.

I love them both and I would separate out the PCS categories. Patrick is the best in some but Shoma does beat Patrick in the way he projects and feels his music.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I feel sick in the head, i kept looking at the cleavage, it is too distracting lol...

- - - Updated - - -

WTH>>>> SO MUCH FOR CANADIAN INFLATION!!!!

indeed :)

i'd like people to bite their tongue... and cut the crap ;) it's been so annoying....

all of the events so far have been very well judged in Regina...

the only guy with a questionable score IMHO is.. oh.... wait for it... Russian... Samarin's PCS... is.. erm... ok... :)

Good job Shoma.!!!! YAY!!!

good job all the guys!!!!

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Omg, yes! Shoma numero Uno! Awesome 4 seasons program. Me gusta muchisimo. :love:

Not big into musicals but I LOOOOOOVE Hamilton. Not sure that Room Where it Happens works great for skating (too context-dependent), but Jason and Rohene make it fun, and the footwork is amazing.

It's just so happy and I like depressing music I guess. :biggrin:

notonmylife15

On the Ice
He's a lovely skater and it's a great song, but they never really met.

Oh god, my leprechaun is on. Hold me

This is exactly - and my ONLY - point. I expect Chan to earn his skating skills, transitions and program element scores. That's all fine. But the choreography was relatively simple in the arms and didn't use the music. And yet he outscored Jason Brown in both parts.

I expect Chan fans to think every last score he earns is deserved. But I refuse to apologize for disagreeing with that because I KNOW he can do more with his programs and sometimes DOESN'T. Virtue and Moir have finally earned my respect with their comeback. They were incredible last year and their SD here was equally amazing. They didn't, in my opinion, earn the gold in 2014, and then took it media for judgement.

Chan often does the same thing. He is a BRILLIANT skater, but sometimes comes up with programs that don't work with the music. THIS is one of them.

da96103

Record Breaker
Shoma won the PCS. He's serious about that gold medal.

Any of these top 6 would not be a surprised 2018 OG medallist (Yuzu, Shoma, Jin, Patrick, Javi, Nathan).
If anyone other than these 6, it would be a Sarah Hughes surprise.