2017 GP Cup of China GALA | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Cup of China GALA

LadyB

Record Breaker
And now for the real winners of the silver medal! I love this show piece by Dima & Katia. :gclap:

jillredhand

Record Breaker
ok but srsly... the worst part about having really long hair is that it gets stuck in your sweaty armpits. I can't imagine the annoyance of doing athletics with hair as long as Elena's...

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
I gotta appreciate a La La Land program where the lady is not dressed in yellow. :biggrin:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Man, I wish I could pull off that outfit like Bobrova does!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Dear Max, for the love of all things holy, please, please, PLEASE tell me you are going to be skating to something that's NOT Thunderstruck or Black Betty.

Pretty, pretty please?

Well ... the universe always needs more Max :ghug: (showing a variety of styles :cool:) ... but as little Buble as possible :laugh:. #sorrynotsorry

Video snippet of Max, Vincent, Boyang, and Mikhail having a good time at gala practice:

Tulipstar

Medalist
wow, no Mai?? :slink: i know they probably went for variety but still its a bummer :(

If you say variety, do you mean that they wanted people from different countries?
Is this why Dabin and Gabrielle performed, but not Mai or Marin?

jillredhand

Record Breaker
If you say variety, do you mean that they wanted people from different countries?
Is this why Dabin and Gabrielle performed, but not Mai or Marin?

Might be variety in exhibition program style. If they have too many lyrical pieces already, then maybe the organizers would rather invite Gabrielle with a more upbeat program than Mai/Marin/whoever if they only have a lyrical exhibition piece ready to perform. But Marin at least was having some hip problems at Skate Canada, so she might have voluntarily sat out this gala rather than risk making it worse.

Tulipstar

Medalist
Might be variety in exhibition program style. If they have too many lyrical pieces already, then maybe the organizers would rather invite Gabrielle with a more upbeat program than Mai/Marin/whoever if they only have a lyrical exhibition piece ready to perform. But Marin at least was having some hip problems at Skate Canada, so she might have voluntarily sat out this gala rather than risk making it worse.

Thank you!

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Vincent looks different here. Maybe it's the hair.

jillredhand

Record Breaker
What's the logic for why some of the skaters are getting interviews before their skates? I'm not following.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
What's the logic for why some of the skaters are getting interviews before their skates? I'm not following.

Dabin was promoting the Olympics.
Vincent is China's American son.
I missed if there were more interviews.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
ouch for the love of all things holy Max don't hurt yourself in teh freaking ex! ...

Am I the only one hating all the OTT garish lighting? Not aesthetically pleasing.

And a serious question:

Is it at all possible that those horrible green circles threw off Max's depth perception??​