2017 GP Cup of China GALA | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Cup of China GALA

LadyB

Record Breaker
It's been a pleasure, guys. See you...chat to you all next w/e. I'll be a nervous wreck, but I'm up for it!!! Have a great week. :hap10:

Kutien

Final Flight
1080 HD No Comments, Dailymotion and Youtube

Valentina MARCHEI / Ondrej HOTAREK ITAvideo

Elena RADIONOVA RUSvideo

Ekaterina Bobrova / Dmitry SOLOVIEV RUSvideo
INTERMISSION

Siyang ZHANG CHN

Hong CHEN / Yan ZHAO CHNvideo

Vincent ZHOU USAvideo

Kirsten MOORE-TOWERS / Michael MARINARO CANvideo

Wakaba HIGUCHI JPNvideo

Madison CHOCK / Evan BATES USAvideo

Boyang JIN CHNvideo

Xiaoyu YU / Hao ZHANG CHNvideo

Alina ZAGITOVA RUSvideo

Gabriela PAPADAKIS / Guillaume CIZERON FRAvideo

Mikhail KOLYADA RUSvideo

Wenjing SUI / Cong HAN CHNvideo

FINALEvideo

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Thanks for the videos Kutien!

Barbie Girl - I love that song, so mad props to the Italians!

Spiderboyang is always an absolute delight! :luv17:

B/S made me laugh.

But I have no idea what Alina was doing...bizarre! Also that was some weird music...made me feel like I was at a weird nightclub...

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Oh please please please please DO win the Olympics Alina just so we can see it in PyeongChang. :pray: :pray: :pray:

I'd love you to carry on the great flames of the Yellow Moth with such truthful confession as this.

They say so exhibitions reveal so much about the truth outside the 'packaging', and I have never felt more strongly that you have unconscionably uncovered the true ritualistic seance ISU has been doing to the sport of ladies figure skating engulfed in darkness the last 5 years. Every hokum, voodoo spell, pagan-like whispers, mockery, grunt, squawk, meandering and pure hooha around the dying candle speaks volumes of the state of affairs and black magic interference. Bravo! :clap:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
If you say variety, do you mean that they wanted people from different countries?
Is this why Dabin and Gabrielle performed, but not Mai or Marin?

a bit late but yeah, thats what i meant, they already invited Wakaba from Japan so they might have wanted someone from another country, but they invited 5th place ice dancer from USA so, dont understand their reasoning :slink:

Ylyzybyth

Final Flight
Alina Alina. Definitely would have some explaining to do if someone walked in the room. The > posturing in that program was too much. Made my back hurt.

Ender

Match Penalty
I feel very uncomfortable watching Zagitova’s ex. I think it’s inappropriate for her age.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I really liked Tigress Alina! Something quite different and interesting, that voodoo number. :love: Watched parts of this during my workout routine, and enjoyed Sui/Han too and am almost too smitten with Kolyada. He has charisma, is cute, has awesome jumps....nooo, skating gods, I don't need another skater to be heartbroken about. *sniff* :dev2:

Miss Ice

Let the sky fall~
Medalist
I feel very uncomfortable watching Zagitova’s ex. I think it’s inappropriate for her age.

Exactly. THIS is the "gold medalist"? Seriously? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_A4uh01S3A

Now watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpHB0_EXtMk

It's basically like watching a random junior skater performing something utterly inappropriate for her age, and then watching Michelle Kwan's "Fields of Gold". The junior skater's program may be "different" and "unique" but it is still not even close to the superior quality of the latter.

If anyone wants to see what good skating looks like, especially fitting of a gold medalist and for a gala, look here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbUVLV49mas

Figure skating isn't about jumping a 3-3 and raising your leg as high as you can. Figure skating is about musical expression, smoothness and finesse. It is time that we start rewarding skating for these qualities rather than playing into the standard set by the zero-artistry jumping beans circa 2014.

Ginask8s

On the Ice

I guess I don't get it and find the music a bit annoying. I don't find it "inappropriate" I wonder how she chose that music or if her team gave it to her. Reminded me of Ice Dance back in the day LOL.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Most of this was just utter boredom for me, like watching competition programs but with poor lighting. My thanks to Marchei/Hotarek and Chock/Bates for at least trying, Zagitova was interesting and different, and my heroes were Jin and Kolyada; especially Kolyada who excelled here. I'd never have guessed he could be so entertaining.
Another thing that made me disappointed was that I heard no other lyrics than English (didn't see everyone, though), well except for Zagitova. Boring boring boring... I was hoping at least some of the Chinese would pick their own music. I wish skaters would think more out of the box in terms of their music.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I guess I don't get it and find the music a bit annoying. I don't find it "inappropriate" I wonder how she chose that music or if her team gave it to her. Reminded me of Ice Dance back in the day LOL.

My intepretation is, that it's supposed to be a tribal dance, with voodoo aspects. The candle symbolizes a fire, because she can obviously not make a real fire on the ice. I really don't see the problem with the ex. It's a fun thing, quite different. If someone doesn't enjoy it, that's okay, but it's not problematic. The only thing that really makes me go "Ew!" is Laurine's free this season.

Ender

Match Penalty
Most of this was just utter boredom for me, like watching competition programs but with poor lighting. My thanks to Marchei/Hotarek and Chock/Bates for at least trying, Zagitova was interesting and different, and my heroes were Jin and Kolyada; especially Kolyada who excelled here. I'd never have guessed he could be so entertaining.
Another thing that made me disappointed was that I heard no other lyrics than English (didn't see everyone, though), well except for Zagitova. Boring boring boring... I was hoping at least some of the Chinese would pick their own music. I wish skaters would think more out of the box in terms of their music.
I agree the ex programs are mostly boring. One or two stand out but that’s it. Yet the ticket for gala is very expensive