2017 GP NHK Mens SP | Page 28 | Golden Skate

2017 GP NHK Mens SP

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
Whatever the normal deadline for replacements is, they should have let Japan dig up someone to take Hanyu's spot (Ryuji Hino?)

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Have we saw Kovtun this season yet? I think the Russian fed will choose for the second spot someone to help the team to medal. But what they will think is better? "Reliable but not a big potential for great scores" vs "not very reliable but when they hit they get big scores"? Aka Voronov vs Aliev and Kovtun. Samarin is still to new to decide in which category i can put him. I don't think they will use Kolyada for both SP and FS in team competition if the team competition is before the single one.

It's still hard to make a case for Dmitri over Samarin if he doesn't delivers this season - still early, of course. But Sergei is kinda doing his own thing, and if he keeps the momentum I don't see why he can't make a case for himself. It's still the first half of the season and a lot can happen until Nationals.

yude

Record Breaker
http://www.asahi.com/articles/ASKCB6X9HKCBUTQP03T.html

Jason's comment in the press con after SP

"To compete with Yuzuru in Japan is the best stage for any skater. It was the first time for me to attend the competition without Yuzuru in Japan, I was very sad and I felt something different. Of course, if you get on the ice, you will concentrate on your performance and do your best. However, I had a sad feeling that something was missing. Everyone thinks about him and I want him to recover soon."

I knew he was sweet but he made me cry today. I thank him very much for his message to Yuzuru!!

I enjoyed watching men's SP, some skaters are close in the scores so FS is going to be interesting. And I'm very glad and proud that Sato and Tomono did very well!!

mrrice

Record Breaker
With the 2-4 Men being so close together, I guess it will come to the free program to separate them. Lot's of decent skating but, it was missing something without Hanyu. I really Adam's free program and if he can skate it perfectly, he could end up on the podium. Jason Brown is the Men's Sarah Hughes.....He never makes mistakes and he can land a couple quads...The skies the limit.

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
What was Sergei Voronov wearing? :shocked:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I must be in the minority, cause I had no problem with Sergei's costume. Unusual, yes. But I mean we're talking about the guy that did that FS mashup in the 2014-2015 season. It's not really tango-y, but I think it goes with his style.

QueenOfTheRoad

Final Flight
Country
Germany
I must be in the minority, cause I had no problem with Sergei's costume. Unusual, yes. But I mean we're talking about the guy that did that FS mashup in the 2014-2015 season. It's not really tango-y, but I think it goes with his style.

It would have worked better for "Time, forward" from Sviridov than for a tango. :ddevil:

moriel

Record Breaker
I missed leather pants at this competition
Was actually expecting voronov to provide those

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
It would have worked better for "Time, forward" from Sviridov than for a tango. :ddevil:

Oh, he should definitely skate to that! Or maybe Kraftwerk? :laugh: I think the illusion mesh is my biggest issue with the costume, and yeah, I don't really think the geometric style quite suits a tango. His costumes last season were nice,if a bit minimalistic.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
Who would have thought that Voronov leads the pack. He fully deserved that, I'd even give him better GOEs. What happens with Canadians? Nam is on a positive trend, except for the SP. Maybe it's not wise to aim to 2 quads for the SP, as long as the quads are not so reliable. The other problem is linked to a different thread, as it is all about Alaine and her abysmal performance.