2017 GP NHK Pairs FS | Page 22 | Golden Skate

2017 GP NHK Pairs FS

NAOTMAA

Medalist
S/K did great! Another step in the comeback complete :)

Its just so unfortunate with all the injuries they lost so much ground which of course is impossible to make up in the time for the Olympics. If only they had another season before the Olympics! I really hope they keep going to 2022 because I believe artistically they are another level to everybody else

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
I was screaming so loudly the whole house woke up... and I lied saying I had a nightmare :yahoo:

Thank you, thank you soooo much S/H. That was spectacular.

May the stars align for that OGM!!! I will be rooting every step of the way!!!
Hehehe but really you were having a sweet dream!!
Love this post [emoji847][emoji847][emoji847]

rollerblade

Record Breaker
They mentioned possibly going back to the throw 4S but at this point do they even need it?

Depends on whether she lands the triple salchow jump, and how small their lead from SP is, I guess.

And skate order, whether or not they skate before or after their closest competition.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Although I didn't see any skates live I'm so happy that both S/K and S/H skated clean with seasons bests (and a new WR for Sui and Han!) I can't wait to see both of them at the GPF - especially diva Sui and Stolbova and their sassy haircuts :laugh:

Oh, someone on the same wavenlength as me :luv17:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Oooo nice medals :)

Although after the cardboard ones at France last year anything would be better.

And oh no Kristina has broken ranks and is wearing tan boots!

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
my laptop froze just after final pose of Sui/Han, I understand him (had to restart...)

WOW, just WOW...not only a great passion and emotion was in their skating, every element, but the passion was between then and for tha program - it truly proves that dedication and desire to skate to that particular music. It felt like the music carried them outside the rink and brought them closer to so many people. Perfection in every little gesture, mimic, pose and connection, not only in elements done with so much contol, accuracy and musicality: the way he looks at her, the way he touches her arm, her maesty in expression, this forward, proud line of her silouette...But my favourite moment - out of so many amazing ones in that performance - is after pair spin, when she touches his face both hands, ust ust feel that something personaland special is happening there, the amount of emotion poured inside is equal in reception, they gave it all. Every singe tenth of point is justified for me, the program alone excels in almost all areas, but executed and emoted like today - it's a masterpiece worth every score and everybody's attention. This is such remarkable feeling to see such young couple to translate program, music that big in such easy, flowy and engaging was they do. A bow to them and a bow to coach Hongbo:bow:

bixby

Final Flight
Here we are watching the medal ceremony and I'm still blown away! I wish every competition ends like this; leaving no doubt or room for discussion who the real winner is. No bias, no bs, no inflation and no crying someone got rob. You want to be the winner? Be the BEST of the field. That's it!

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Sui and Han have it all - they really look good to be oly champions. The only thing that bothers me a bit; while they are wonderful and elegant and graceful - they seem to be a replica of Shen and Zhou. They have not been able really to forge ahead their own style or personality. while flattery is the greatest compliment not so much in your the one copying. Still they look unbeateable. Now Sui and Han look good; it is kind of too bad S and K have had so many problems with injuries and as a result training issues and confidence. I think they lost a season and sadly that is going to cost them. They should have had a throw quad and more solid and difficult individual jumps as well as more confident presentation. They could have been a real threat but i think they just don''t have enouugh time - that being said they or their teammates could sneak in for bronze. Wow that bronze is a hot mess for the olympics - Two russian teams, the French, Duhamel and Radford and probably the second Chinese team - 5 teams for one medal after sui and han and Savchenko and Massot.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Sui and Han have it all - they really look good to be oly champions. The only thing that bothers me a bit; while they are wonderful and elegant and graceful - they seem to be a replica of Shen and Zhou. They have not been able really to forge ahead their own style or personality. while flattery is the greatest compliment not so much in your the one copying. Still they look unbeateable. Now Sui and Han look good; it is kind of too bad S and K have had so many problems with injuries and as a result training issues and confidence. I think they lost a season and sadly that is going to cost them. They should have had a throw quad and more solid and difficult individual jumps as well as more confident presentation. They could have been a real threat but i think they just don''t have enouugh time - that being said they or their teammates could sneak in for bronze. Wow that bronze is a hot mess for the olympics - Two russian teams, the French, Duhamel and Radford and probably the second Chinese team - 5 teams for one medal after sui and han and Savchenko and Massot.

I don't think silver is a sure bet either. After all, D/R skated very well at Skate Canada and beat S/M there (a result that would have still happened even if scoring were outside of Canada). I'm glad S/K brought the 3-3 back, because they needed something to bring to the table technically to stand out. It'll be a very interesting battle.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
and really- where and when did they learn to build programs perormance-wise, emotion-wise like they did?! Such an amazing pair...