2017 GP NHK Pairs FS | Page 25 | Golden Skate

2017 GP NHK Pairs FS

yqs100

On the Ice
S/H´s score was incredible high today. S/M will hardly have a chance. They need a top draw in the TES because there is almost no room in the components for Aljona and Bruno. I do not believe in D/R medal chances.

Honestly I do not think you should receive almost 77 points for a music your coach has used before.

ur reason of not accepting the 77 pcs is hilarious. Is there any rule that athletes can’t skate to the music their coach used before?

QuadThrow

Medalist
ur reason of not accepting the 77 pcs is hilarious. Is there any rule that athletes can’t skate to the music their coach used before?

Their music choice for the FS is just unexacting. I have been disappointed since I have heard it first. They will become Olympic champions and I believe it will be deserved. T/M program concepts are on juniors level, S/M will struggle with a least one main element and D/R will hopefully not get high PCS.

But creating a remake of your own coach´s masterpiece - those low demands should not be rewarded that high in my book.

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
Congrats to Sui/Han. They were exceptionals. I hope they can keep the consistency all season.
This is redemption for Stolbova/Klimov. Carmen is overused but they do it so well.

Since last year, the Pairs category is just so freaking good !

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Congrats to Sui/Han. They were exceptionals. I hope they can keep the consistency all season.
This is redemption for Stolbova/Klimov. Carmen is overused but they do it so well.

Since last year, the Pairs category is just so freaking good !

right? It's like last season, but with Olympics in bonus:) - starting so-so, we're dissing musical choices all around, complaining on consistency and KABOOM - teams are getting their stuff together at once. This will be a great season in Pairs again, so much variety out there and with such good, high quality.

Again - Wenjing and Cong were just majestic - creating pure magic from series of movement, going way beyond skating!

GGFan

Record Breaker
Their music choice for the FS is just unexacting. I have been disappointed since I have heard it first. They will become Olympic champions and I believe it will be deserved. T/M program concepts are on juniors level, S/M will struggle with a least one main element and D/R will hopefully not get high PCS.

But creating a remake of your own coach´s masterpiece - those low demands should not be rewarded that high in my book.

I was skeptical of the music choice myself but they're winning me over. I've rewatched the S/Z program (as I often do) and they do not feel similar other than the colors. Their choreography, style, etc. are different. Both teams have wonderful connections but I think S/Z play more to the romantic, sweet, playful side of the story, S/H play more to the romantic, dramatic, passionate side.

I also give them a pass because they have their own style and have put out more original programs. I'm starting to see this as a ballsy move: taking on a classic and making it work. The performance on the day earned the scores, which is what we usually want the judges to do.

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
Just got around to watching S/H FS. Spectacular skate and I'm a huge fan of Turandot, so I couldn't ask for more. :laugh:

yqs100

On the Ice

recreating another masterpiece on top of a classic need more courage,,, and Im glad the judges appreciate the effort.. you don't have to be a fan of them, but don't try to put them down on your personal bias. thanks

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Lol the judge who gave -1 for their magnificent quad twist for sui and han

You think it was by accident? They meant to give +1 but maybe they were so into the performance their hand involuntarily lost control.

icybear

Medalist
S/H´s score was incredible high today. S/M will hardly have a chance. They need a top draw in the TES because there is almost no room in the components for Aljona and Bruno. I do not believe in D/R medal chances.

Honestly I do not think you should receive almost 77 points for a music your coach has used before.

And the reason is what? Because your coach has used it before, it means you do not deserve good pcs for a magnificent program. They thoroughly deserve their score. Why is that a good reason for the judges to deduct pcs points? Honestly your idea is illogical.

skatemouse

On the Ice
And the reason is what? Because your coach has used it before, it means you do not deserve good pcs for a magnificent program. They thoroughly deserve their score. Why is that a good reason for the judges to deduct pcs points? Honestly your idea is illogical.

It's just narcissistic. In many ways S/H are better than the team that skated this in my opinion. So not allowing them to have their own moment to own just sits wrong, and is very very wrong. A missed iconic moment these two after sticking together for so long through so many things deserves.

icybear

Medalist
It's just narcissistic. In many ways S/H are better than the team that skated this in my opinion. So not allowing them to have their own moment to own just sits wrong, and is very very wrong. A missed iconic moment these two after sticking together for so long through so many things deserves.

Yeah but that doesnt explain why you said they don't deserve good pcs. That program is worthy of it's pcs. What has that got to do with not having the special moment? Sui/ Han think of it as a tribute to their coaches. If they win the olympic, it's a moment for the them and their coaches not just themselves and rightly so. Nothing wrong with thinking like that

skatemouse

On the Ice
Yeah but that doesnt explain why you said they don't deserve good pcs. That problem is worthy of it's pcs. What has that got to do with not having the special moment? Sui/ Han think of it as a tribute to their coaches. If they win the olympic, it's a moment for the them and their coaches not just themselves and rightly so. Nothing wrong with thinking like that

I didn't say that it was someone else. To answer your question any coach worth their salt knows even though it is for them they are to stand in the light and let the skater own that moment. If they don't and they make it all about themselves which this does in such a weird way it tarnishes that and this team S/H who is better does not deserve that.

I like to look at photos and always wonder why Icenetwork takes the photos they do. They always seem so strange the ones they pick and I am sure they have better photos! but this? http://web.icenetwork.com/photos/261349844 knerems FS is her blade in his arm?? S/B what is that of? It always seems like the Russians and China said to IN if you put a bad photo of us up we will.....Just sayin.

Kinga

Medalist
No matter how great S/H are, I would still prefer a different FS for them. I can only imagine how they could create something magic and special with a different music. Turnadot, despite her poised expression, does not feel magic. It is a very very good program, but not magic to me (at least not yet?). The overused music does not help.
They definitely deserve a better vehicle.

Alexa is a fantastic pair skater. Quality of her skating is top notch. Her partner is holding her down , but I guess I can only dream on about pairing her with someone else ;).

On a shallow note: Kristina Ashtakova has the best lips in the figure skating world :agree:

icybear

Medalist
I didn't say that it was someone else. To answer your question any coach worth their salt knows even though it is for them they are to stand in the light and let the skater own that moment. If they don't and they make it all about themselves which this does in such a weird way it tarnishes that and this team S/H who is better does not deserve that.

I like to look at photos and always wonder why Icenetwork takes the photos they do. They always seem so strange the ones they pick and I am sure they have better photos! but this? http://web.icenetwork.com/photos/261349844 knerems FS is her blade in his arm?? S/B what is that of? It always seems like the Russians and China said to IN if you put a bad photo of us up we will.....Just sayin.

Why're you replying a load of irrelevant stuff? Still doesnt answer why you think they should have gotten lower pcs.

Nika09

On the Ice
While in the parallel universe huge PCS with "10" rain are giving all around, no matter what and how are you skating, pointing to the "this music has previously used by their coaches" as a reason to reduce PCS, it's just so cutest thing to do.

Then I'm suggesting to reduce everyone's PCS who are using warhorses, for example. It'd be tough to paint a line between "overused" and "not so actually" pieces though, but anyway. Obviously pairs discipline is getting little boring in scoring, so let's have fun

P.s. I'm the one who was criticizing this program from the beginning, when music choices have announced. But for me this have nothing to do with S/Z used it before. Tbh i wasn't a big fan of them neither of Turandot. For me It's just all about S/H music choices this season, in whole. But well skated well deserved, every single point.

And how you judges dare to gave them not +3th after that Sui's fierce face in the opening of the program? Gutsy

skatemouse

On the Ice
Why're you replying a load of irrelevant stuff? Still doesnt answer why you think they should have gotten lower pcs.

UM again for the third time. I never commented on the PCS never ever said a word about it lol. Don't know who did. So I would appreciate you harassing someone else. Also things about the pair FS are not irrelevant and a blade in the arm on a lift and weird photos of this event are relevant so are my comments independent of your thrashing of an innocent by stander of the opportunity of S/H to attain their own magic relevant also but please for the fourth time ask me to explain something I never said? That would be great.
EDIT:
Quote Originally Posted by QuadThrow View Post

I think this is who you originally asked your question to. Your welcome. That said. I responded to agree that it is too bad they could not just create their own thing as it is rare that a pair team is in a position to do that kind of an ICONIC program maybe once every 5-10 years. They are one of those teams so to give them a carbon copy of someone else is wrong and hurts the spirit of those who love the discipline of pairs so much. (Note nothing to do with high PCS)
Hope this helps