2024 U.S.Nationals Junior Women's Short Program | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2024 U.S.Nationals Junior Women's Short Program

purplecat

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Is Ela Cui Ting Cui's sister?
I know Amy Cui who is in junior ice dance is Ela's sister. As far as I know they aren't related to Ting, but I don't know for sure.

Good short program from the juniors and top novices! Emilia was really impressive being a novice - such big jumps! Cleo's one of my faves so I'm pleased she is leading though I thought they would punish her more for her mistake. I was a little surprised the triple axel didn't vault Sophie up in the standings a bit more but it's tight scoring - less than 3 points between 2nd and 7th so we might see some shifts after the free. Very disappointed for Annika - hope she can have a good free. Coco (Zhiqi) Zhang is a little star - she probably had my favorite performance quality of the event. Good luck to all in the free! I like them all!

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Some videos for international fans are n the rewatch

Alex Fedorov

Medalist
Country
Russia
I know! I fell in love with Sophie last year and was thrilled she skated clean in the short.
Unfortunately she is still quite far down the pack.
I didn’t know anything about her until yesterday and was very surprised to hear her talking with her coach in Russian. Based on her name, I would never have guessed that she was Russian. She has very few PCS points so far. The 3A+3T cascade in itself is not beneficial in a short program, but it shows Sophie’s potential.

labgoat

Done updating WJC rewatches!
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I didn’t know anything about her until yesterday and was very surprised to hear her talking with her coach in Russian. Based on her name, I would never have guessed that she was Russian. She has very few PCS points so far. The 3A+3T cascade in itself is not beneficial in a short program, but it shows Sophie’s potential.
I am a bit surprised that her PCS is not higher. She has a great look on the ice, no posture issues and a pleasant style. I guess they are more excited by the novice gal from Detroit SC Emilia Nemirovsky with the giant triple lutz and 3T-3T combo who is second.

Alex Fedorov

Medalist
Country
Russia
I am a bit surprised that her PCS is not higher. She has a great look on the ice, no posture issues and a pleasant style. I guess they are more excited by the novice gal from Detroit SC Emilia Nemirovsky with the giant triple lutz and 3T-3T combo who is second.
well, if juniors could perform 3A solo, and not in combination, then Sophie would have a significant advantage, regardless of the judges' liking. But I hope that she will be able to increase her PCS. Apparently they just perceive her as a newbie.

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
It's not often that you see in the protocol that the planned elements were lower in BV than the executed ones.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
I didn’t know anything about her until yesterday and was very surprised to hear her talking with her coach in Russian. Based on her name, I would never have guessed that she was Russian.
Sophie is Swiss (born in Zürich, even competed internationally for Switzerland until last season), but her mother is Russian. She#s also been with her Russian coaches in the USA for a few years now. ☺️