2017 GP NHK Ladies FS | Page 21 | Golden Skate

2017 GP NHK Ladies FS

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Aww I like Mirai's happy face at the end of her program.

Although the music itself was kinda uninspired...what is it?

schizoanalyst

Medalist
There's a lovely, elegant calm to it I enjoy, but there are certain sections where I'd love to see Mirai bring a bit more passion. I hope the caller doesn't wreck her tech score, those landings looked fine to me. I think she's improved her flow? Nice skate overall!

da96103

Record Breaker
Wow, Mirai's back. That was a great programme. 3A was clean though I see the value 7.5 on the screen.

bobbob

Medalist
Good skate, there was a zayak in there and maybe a couple of URs, but better than any American lady has skated this year

rollerblade

Record Breaker
Mirai! :yahoo: I will take it. Yes it's a bit robotic, but I rather have this than all the pops and giver-uppers that we've seen from her the past few years.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Good job Mirai! Nice 3A attempt. Some URs definitely and the program was a bit dull because of the focus on the jumps but it was a solid skate. :)

nimi

Medalist
YAY!!! MIRAI SLAYED!!!!! :hap10:

I love how well her spins are choreographed to the music.

Now let's pray the tech panel doesn't slay her TES.... :pray:

dailytg20

On the Ice
Mirai's programs kill my stomach lining, but that was solid! Awesome work!

Edit: Oof, that two footed landing made me misty for Oksana.

randomfan

Record Breaker
Great job Mirai! And what a cute smile at the end too!

This program is proving to be very effective when the jumps are there. She did very well at the Japan Open as well. Now she just needs to perform a bit more.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Much better jumps today from Mirai! Most of her jumps seemed around, maybe one that's < (the 3A probably, which was double-footed. All three spins were +2 for me, fast and centered. Of course, she loses the face and expression when she's focused on the technical, but once she started smiling in the middle of the footwork, she got into the program much more. Good performance from her today.