2017 GP Internationaux de France Mens SP | Page 23 | Golden Skate

2017 GP Internationaux de France Mens SP

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Javi is too good a skater for this CORNY choreography. Don't like seeing it for 100 times it seems.

But well done!

I completely agree. But at least he has choreography & he's a good guy so I still hope he wins.

glorybox6

Final Flight
Javi is too good a skater for this CORNY choreography. Don't like seeing it for 100 times it seems.

But well done!

Thought I was the only one who was thinking this. Why does every Chaplin program have to have the same five or six choreographic movements? It starts to feel like checking off boxes.

I love watching Javi skate regardless.

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
This will help Brian's recovery very much. Thanks Javier :D

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Javier Fernandez

Wow! Just whoa! A fantastic 4T+3T, a squeaky-clean smooth 4S, and a cracker 3A! Beautiful footwork that's well in time with the music, that follows the emotional intent of each phrase closely. The whole program, in fact, is like that, with lots of light and shade, moments where he is able to interject with his own personality and other moments where he expresses the longing pauses of the classical Chaplin melody. The only thing that could be better is the speed of the spins and having a tiny bit more speed. But come on, this was amazing!

(P.S. Never leave us again, Brian Orser!)

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Vive el Rey!!

I like this nickname. I shall adopt it for him.

This could work to Javi's advantage. Ending the first half of the season with a win on the GP without wasting energy on the GPF. He doesn't need the exposure at this point--his reputation is intact. Rest up afterward for Euros and the Olympics.