2018 Olympic Figure Skating Mens FS | Page 140 | Golden Skate

2018 Olympic Figure Skating Mens FS

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
So cute, Hanyu having to coax Javi and Shomu to get closer, join him on his platform for pictures :luv17: during venue award/celebration

I think both Javi and Shoma are deep in thoughts on auto pilot mode

Only Hanyu really experienced the moment

Alchamei

Record Breaker
Spoiler alert for Alpine skiing:

Ester Ledecká has just won Gold in Super G!!!!!!!

Oh my God this is the perfect day for me. Dream podium in men and Czech Republic takes Gold!

bixby

Final Flight
Sad for Patrick Chan... I didn't even watch it all the way. Can't take it!

He's not even being mentioned or talk about. All the way down to 9th place. It must have been tough for his ego not to be part of any conversation and to go out like that with a dismal skate for his standard.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I totally agree with the podium. Very happy for all skaters. I am also glad that Boyang didn't "steal the bronze" from Nathan if one of the top three didn't skate well. Nathan goit his redemption and skated his best in the free skate. 215 is a huge score.. Im not sure if Shoma was shocked or disappointed after getting his scores for the Free skate. But I am happy he got his silver and that Javier finally got his Olympic medal. I wonder how many skaters will go to this year's worlds

Shoma was shocked. I don't think he believed he would be second. He knows this wasn't his best skate ever.

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
Does anyone have link to a stream/video of the medal ceremony?? It's so frustrating not being able to see the whole event!

QuadThrow

Medalist
I am happy with the result.

But the Japanese lobby worked hard to get Uno to the Silver.

Too high GOE and not called underrotation. Javier deserved the Silver.

UnChosen

On the Ice
Shoma doesn't have poor landing than Nathan. Nathan got tons of +2s for his poor landings. He has no flow whatsoever. His jumps don't deserve +2s. +1s are more like it. Shoma does have beautiful flow coming out of his jumps.

The problem is that Shoma's flow is more of a spin upon landing compared to Hanyu's which is a big curve out. Its why he usually has to put his free leg down very quickly after the jump to basically stop himself from rotating so that he can start skating again.

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
Hi! :biggrin: I have not survived :biggrin:

But what a way to go. I was crying when Yuzuru's skate was over and I bawled like a baby when he realized he's got it. I'm so not ashamed of that. I am also not coherent.
Emperor. Thank you Yuzuru.

Congratulations to Javier and Shoma.

I am now going to go and get properly sloshed. In style. Cheers!

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
I feel bad for Jin but i'm sure he's fine

He really lacked energy today and the other 3 guys served it better

His program just wasn't good, Lori Nichol did a disservice to him with that thing.

I hope Boyang can add more depth to his skating the next 4 years (while keeping the tech), they've been saddling him with gimmicky programs.

schizoanalyst

Medalist
I have such affections for Hanyu, Uno, Fernandez, Chan, Chen, Jin, and Aliev - all have such nice qualities and differences - that there was no possible podium I could be happy with. I’m just happy the top 6 had great skates they could be proud of tonight, especially Chen who could’ve just been broken from last night but instead rose to the moment. I’m sad Kolyada couldn’t rise like Chen, and sad Aliev faltered after such a great night.

synteis

Medalist
Just wow. Aside from Dima's unfortunate (and painful looking) fall and Patrick stumbling in his footwork because sighhhhh, this was pretty perfect. Was very pleased with all the performances that ended up on the podium even if I was hoping Boyang might end up with one. Hanyu is indeed an absolute, incredible legend. Two wonderful events has me nervous about what the ladies and ice dancing might bring though NGL.