2018 Junior World Championships Ladies SP | Page 25 | Golden Skate

2018 Junior World Championships Ladies SP

andromache

Record Breaker
I'm so salty RuFed butchered Tarakanova and robbed Gubanova just to give Konstantionva another chance to get 180 total score at junior worlds. With Tarakanova/Gubanova/Sherbakova Russia could have a podium sweep

Russia could get its sweep anyway. Stanislava is getting propped up enough for it to happen.

schizoanalyst

Medalist
Youtube started autoplaying "The Name Game" in a different window cause I was watching something else while waiting for Konstaninova's scores. And I seriously though Yamashita was skating to The Name Game and was so confused lmao

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I see that even on the World stage, Stanislava is still robbing people of their rightful placements. *sigh*

Hands off my Stasya :dev2:

She must be the most bashed skater out there :drama:

I can understand though why. Sending Tarakanova or Gubanova would make much more sense for a variety of reasons.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Russia could get its sweep anyway. Stanislava is getting propped up enough for it to happen.
I see you aren't familiar with Konstantinova's free skate prowess.

This SP was just about the most successful skate you can expect out of her. It'd be a miracle if her FS was anywhere near this good. It's almost a done deal that she's going to pop or fall something and if not, she will UR something or have weak landings.

rlopen

On the Ice
I'm so salty RuFed butchered Tarakanova and robbed Gubanova just to give Konstantionva another chance to get 180 total score at junior worlds. With Tarakanova/Gubanova/Sherbakova Russia could have a podium sweep

Even Panenkova/Guliakova would have done better than her.

frida80

Record Breaker
Not sure how she got 62.63 points with that performance, especially considering the UR, the e edge and the downgrade two-foot landing.

Should have been around 54 points.

I’ve seen a lot of questionable calls. But you’re completely right. There is no way that should’ve cracked 60.

rlopen

On the Ice
Hands off my Stasya :dev2:

She must be the most bashed skater out there :drama:

I can understand though why. Sending Tarakanova or Gubanova would make more sense for a variety of reasons.

I mean...propping her up to send her to Junior Worlds was like propping Ashley up to send her to Sochi...except there is a lot less validity to it...and a LOT of people were angry when Ashley went over Mirai that time. I get why people like her, I just can't when there are 5 other better choices who deserve it more and haven't gotten their chance...unlike her.

vesperalvioletta

Medalist
Country
United-States
But honestly, Stasya's skating lacks the maturity of even her 13 and 14 year old teammates, and that's a rough place to be at 17. Fingers crossed that the judging system doesn't crush my dreams tomorrow and put her on the podium :palmf:

frida80

Record Breaker
She seems to be the only Russian lady that Russian lady stans completely dislike :laugh:.

Oh that not true, I’m sure if I think about it there’s someone else.

...:scratch3:
........:scratch2:
......................................:confused:

:confused2:
Yeah, I got nothing...

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
If Rika can hang on for her FS, she has a very good chance for bronze. Any chance for higher was lost with that fall. :(

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Also for anyone wondering, Stanislava got the (!) call, got the UR and the negative GOE. But I guess for some people she should have gotten an invalid element or something. Next.