2018 Junior World Championships Ladies SP | Page 26 | Golden Skate

2018 Junior World Championships Ladies SP

kimi492

Final Flight
Some of these decisions are puzzling even looking at the protocols... why did I wake up at 4am to watch this whole thing again?
Also, You Young’s 3T did not visibly look UR - they pick and choose who to be picky with I see

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
Alyona, that lutz edge.... :sad21:

Edit: Still got 0.70 for it but that's so much less than she had before the review (1.70ish).

andromache

Record Breaker
Rika had the only StSq4 of the night. Very strange in an event with Eteri ladies.

Ting's GOE look stingy, as do her PCS. But I would need to rewatch to confirm (and the video is blocked on YouTube because of the music copyright.)

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Some of these decisions are puzzling even looking at the protocols... why did I wake up at 4am to watch this whole thing again?
Also, You Young’s 3T did not visibly look UR - they pick and choose who to be picky with I see

It definitely looked visibly UR. Her other triples also were visibly around 90 degrees in slow-mo, being borderline. The 3T wasn't even close.

I honestly don't even know what she looks like and I don't remember ever seeing her skate... she wasn't at JGPF, was she?
She was at junior worlds last season, scoring 162 points. She was in one JGP event this season, scoring around 174 points.

Her fame's mostly in that she gets about 3-5 PCS more than anyone else in Russian domestic competitions.

moriel

Record Breaker
I honestly don't even know what she looks like and I don't remember ever seeing her skate... she wasn't at JGPF, was she?

Nops. She had just one JGP (which she kinda bombed, so was not assigned to a second one).
In fact she is known to only skate well in russia

breadstal

Record Breaker
Rika and Young :cry: Alena is for sure a stand-out from the rest. I liked Eunsoo, Mako and Alexandra as well!

tars

Record Breaker
Stasya is such a drama queen with that fall after final pose! :laugh2:
Eunsoo underscored in PCS as usual, lvl99 acrobatic skills to land that 2A. :eek:

They can totally attack third place, if Mako and Rika make a mistake, which they are prone to do.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
She seems to be the only Russian lady that Russian lady stans completely dislike :laugh:.

She's a nice girl and all, but there is nothing worse than seeing messy skaters propped up due to politicking, over and over again. It isn't her fault but every time you see such a skater, while thinking of the ones robbed of these opportunities or underscored in relation...it leaves a terrible taste behind.

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
Protocols are so interesting in TES :

Alena got massive GOEs on the first 2 spins compared to Sasha (I agree), but same on the last one (disagree a bit on this one, but Sasha's first spin could have been higher so I'm okay). She also has a bit more on Step Sequence GOEs. She also has the 2A advantage. They have the exact same on the combo.
However Sasha has a +1.20 on the 3Lz alone and makes it up, and you add the higher BV due to the 3Lo combo and you have the TES advantage.

Overall after reading protocls, I agree on TES. Perhaps strongly agree, even.

I would have a higher difference on PCS though. Especially on skating skills, transitions, and interpretation of the music. Alena's musicality is excellent.

I can understand the CO and PE thouh, Sasha's SP is packed and while we might think she looks so young doing that and everything she does perform. A bit subdued perhaps today compared to GPF though (she could have gotten more on this).

kimi492

Final Flight
It definitely looked visibly UR. Her other triples also were visibly around 90 degrees in slow-mo, being borderline. The 3T wasn't even close.

That’s an exaggeration but okay - in my opinion it was within a quarter

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Nothing will make for the opportunity to earn a new SB, which would get her GP slot. As well as the lost of WR points. Her chances at a senior GP slot are slim.

Yep. Konstantinova had hers in the bag whereas Gubanova really needed this opportunity. That's why it stings that they gave Konstantinova 3 more points in PCS than Gubanova, allowing her to beat Gubanova by 0.35 points.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Why being so harsh with Konstantinova? I think her skate was nice.

Ares

Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Also for anyone wondering, Stanislava got the (!) call, got the UR and the negative GOE. But I guess for some people she should have gotten an invalid element or something. Next.

Yeah when you start with preexisting negative notion and attitude towards someone it's very easy to just notice the worst things, not just in skating but generally in life. She actually was dinged for her issues today, I'd say received adequate score. The fact that there were some skaters with cleaner programs who received lower scores does not mean much, as apparently their basic technical value, GOES for spins, steps etc. and components were not up to par to edge out Konstantinova so I don't understand the outcry.

Alegria

On the Ice
Country
Ukraine
It's cool to represent powerful federation. Even if your elements were so-so, you would get GOE bigger then girls, who represent small federations, but could perform elements with much more quality. GOE on spins shown it all.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Nothing will make for the opportunity to earn a new SB, which would get her GP slot. As well as the lost of WR points. Her chances at a senior GP slot are slim.

Nothing we can do though. Stasya was given that opportunity. Nastya can only move forward and for her...that means to grab the chance to improve her performance capabilities.