Gracie Gold training for a comeback? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Gracie Gold training for a comeback?

oatmella

陈巍
Record Breaker
omg, flashbacks to those SkyFly posts ...
If she really is going to make a comeback, I'm sure she will be skating on her own terms this time around.

Figure 8's

On the Ice
Skyfly's problem was she defended Gracie too much for the negative anti Gracie's on here. Sadly there were many who did nothing but pick Gracie apart.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Haha...sorry for bringing up SkyFly :laugh2:

I don’t want to steal anything from Gracie’s news....guess I still have those flashbacks when new Gracie threads arise even to this day.. Oopsiez :eek::

noskates

Record Breaker
I don't want to start a war here but I really want to know how someone could look at Gracie's skating over the years and determine she had an eating disorder? Even when certain people were calling her fat I couldn't see it - she looked the same to me all the time. Admittedly she was a bit slower but that could have been from lack of training.

A healthy, well-trained Gracie has the chops to compete with anybody in the world!!!

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I cringe every time I read a post about the Russian juniors and their quads/3As, and how they’ll be untouchable in the scoring, so nobody else should bother to even try to compete with them. Should all high performance female figure skaters just drop out of the sport altogether because there’s no chance of winning anymore, unless they’re Russian? Give me a break, people. :palmf: Most of these junior skaters won’t be eligible for senior competition until 2019-2020, a lot can happen between then and now.

Same goes for Alyssa Liu (sp?) and Rika Kihira - while there’s no denying that, like the Russian juniors, they are talented skaters, landing jumps that have rarely been executed in the past by other ladies, we need to be patient and allow them to develop before we crown them as the next big thing. Sustaining triple axels and quads as a growing teenager is no easy feat.

tothepointe

On the Ice
I don't want to start a war here but I really want to know how someone could look at Gracie's skating over the years and determine she had an eating disorder? Even when certain people were calling her fat I couldn't see it - she looked the same to me all the time. Admittedly she was a bit slower but that could have been from lack of training.

A healthy, well-trained Gracie has the chops to compete with anybody in the world!!!

There were some instances and I can't recall the exact dates/time where it looked like she had lost a lot of weight from one comp to another a month later. Between the Japan Open and the first GP of her last season I seem to recall noticing that she'd lost more than one would reasonably expect possible in that time period.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Taking nothing away from Gracie, with the Russian Quad revolution on the horizon, could she hope to compete, technically, at this point? Prescinding from Gracie, this applies to all our Ladies. Is there a plan in place for them to up their technical content so that they can compete?

The so-called quad revolution is a few years off (if ever). Gracie at her best could compete with anyone in the world.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Taking nothing away from Gracie, with the Russian Quad revolution on the horizon, could she hope to compete, technically, at this point? Prescinding from Gracie, this applies to all our Ladies. Is there a plan in place for them to up their technical content so that they can compete?

Well the new Ladies World champion isn't doing anything special technically that Gracie hasn't matched and done just as well in the past and at the very least she would probably have a good chance at being US Champion again looking at the field for next season if she got back in shape and got her triples back.

Manitou

Medalist
The so-called quad revolution is a few years off (if ever). Gracie at her best could compete with anyone in the world.

There won't be any "revolution". The talk is about some minuscule 13 year old girls with quads and losing those quads the very moment they gain some body.
Kaetlyn and Carolina proved you don't have to be 13-15 to compete. It's in the mind. Gracie never had the mind, but if by some miracle she can get one then she is perfectly capable of competing on the top level.
Anybody saw any mind around for Gracie?

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
@ice coverage (H/T:clap:) posted in the US Ladies thread an IG post from a skater who trains in Scottsdale (Micah Tang) saying “GoodBye” to Gracie (on mobile, so I cannot link to original post or Micah's post).

So at least the moving on part is true.....:scratch2:

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
You don't need to be competitive with the Russians in order to become the National Champ again. That is an achievement in and of itself.

Not only that, her score at 2014 Worlds would have won her silver in 2018, ahead of all the Russians. Anyone who is within striking distance of the top skaters can potentially win, and Gracie in her peak form was.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Here's what is going to be a very unpopular idea around here: Let's just be happy for Gracie whatever she chooses and not blow this up and make a big deal about it therefor not putting unneeded stress on her.

I know that's going to be quite the task for some. :disapp:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Here's what is going to be a very unpopular idea around here: Let's just be happy for Gracie whatever she chooses and not blow this up and make a big deal about it therefor not putting unneeded stress on her.

I know that's going to be quite the task for some. :disapp:

Completely agree!!

It’s kind of why I don’t like tweets and rumors about coaching changes. It would seem the most respectful thing to do would be to allow the athletes and coaches to make those announcements when they are ready. Sometimes it just feels like an invasion of privacy.

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have seen no one here who has not been completely respectful of Gracie’s privacy or anything other than happy for her. And it’s not like we’re getting ridiculous posts telling us what she’s wearing or other irrelevancies....

Gracie will indeed tell us when she’s ready. And I of course have been waiting patiently for news from another skater, who will also tell us when he’s ready:ddevil: (joke about the devil in case anyone didn’t get it).

So I for one intend to keep up both the well wishes and the interest in Gracie’s whereabouts :)

MarinHondas

Final Flight
When I posted this I did not feel that it was an invasion of privacy, I did not look at it from that way. I will let GS determine whether it is an invasion of privacy and close the thread if so.

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Then apparently some have missed the threads that were happening over the summer. :disapp:

el henry

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
When I posted this I did not feel that it was an invasion of privacy, I did not look at it from that way. I will let GS determine whether it is an invasion of privacy and close they thread if so.

It is public news from a Twitter poster and far from an invasion of privacy. Thank you for sharing the news with us.

All the best to Gracie:hap10:

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Has Gracie come public and announced it instead of "so-called" source on twitter? No, ok then it's something she's not ready to talk about yet and doesn't need blabbed all over the forums if it's true or not.