Gracie Gold training for a comeback? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Gracie Gold training for a comeback?

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Then apparently some have missed the threads that were happening over the summer. :disapp:

And this has nothing to do with any of those summer threads.

I think I remember that you reported from an SOI practice a year ago that Gracie was wearing a “baggy black sweatshirt”? I don’t remember reports on what any other skater was wearing at practice. I am curious, did you consider that an invasion of Gracie’s privacy?

I can find the post if you can’t remember it.... if that wasn’t you, I do apologize, but I believe you were giving reports from SOI.

evasorange

Final Flight
Here's what is going to be a very unpopular idea around here: Let's just be happy for Gracie whatever she chooses and not blow this up and make a big deal about it therefor not putting unneeded stress on her.

I know that's going to be quite the task for some. :disapp:

I don’t get this mindset It’s a forum...it’s literally made for blowing up news and discussing and making a big deal of things. It’s not like it’s gracies personal Instagram or Facebook page or anything...🤷🏻*♀️🤷🏻*♀️

Anyways I’ll be shocked if she can make a successful comeback it seems to be very very difficult..for every Carolina there’s a Patrick. But US ladies are pretty weakened rn so maybe she feels like she has to try? Idk hope she stays healthy no matter what she chooses

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
When I posted this I did not feel that it was an invasion of privacy, I did not look at it from that way. I will let GS determine whether it is an invasion of privacy and close the thread if so.

I was speaking about the twitter poster. I’ve been given pretty sensitive information in private about a few high level professional athletes. I’d never once thought about putting it out on social media or even telling friends about it. It’s not my place to announce it on someone’s behalf.

Starting a thread over a twitter post which has gone public...well that’s something different. It’s the leaker that invaded the privacy IMO.

tothepointe

On the Ice
If she is coming back then it won't remain a secret for very long. Honestly I've been truly impressed at how she has handled herself throughout this.

Taken a step back both on the ice and publically (social media and sponsors). Been very clear and honest about her intentions without giving up to much information. It all bodes well for a very stable future.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Starting a thread over a twitter post which has gone public...well that’s something different. It’s the leaker that invaded the privacy IMO.

Totally true. I'd add that we all know it's simply speculation, and the topic isn't something at all disparaging to the athlete.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I wish her well with her journey However, usually people dealing with depression, eating disorders and such it takes some time and stability. I hope she has good people guiding her if she is coming back because it seems rather erratic or unstable to announce barely two months ago your new chapter as a coach and then end it. Yep, she probably realizes she could have won worlds. But she didn't. Sometimes it is about timing; when you are born ie. Mao v. Tara. A year or two ago and Evgenia would have OGM. And Chan might have a world medal this year had he gone to worlds. I hope Gracie is satisfied and happy with her new chapter regardless. I would be happy to see her compete if she was healthy physically and mentally. I honestly would be concerned if she changed directions so suddenly from coaching back to competing. But mayb eit is for shows who knows. I didn't realize there were that many shows though.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
It’s natural as fans for our curiosity to be piqued when there’s speculation of a skater making a comeback, especially when it’s the off season and we’re counting down the months and weeks and days till the start of the GP. But we’re also pretty seasoned to know that sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn’t. If there are public photos or videos of Gracie skating, I wouldn’t necessarily call them an invasion of her privacy. As it was mentioned several posts back, she may be training for a show or an exhibition program. Both Gracie fans and non Gracie fans alike would wish her the best, regardless of where her life in figure skating is taking her in the near future.

Gracie, you do you. :yes:

sross43

Rinkside
I'd be thrilled if Gracie came back, especially because now she would be coming back with a coach she chose and because she truly wanted to. Nothing against Frank, but I don't think they were the right fit for one another.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I wish her well with her journey However, usually people dealing with depression, eating disorders and such it takes some time and stability. I hope she has good people guiding her if she is coming back because it seems rather erratic or unstable to announce barely two months ago your new chapter as a coach and then end it. Yep, she probably realizes she could have won worlds. But she didn't. Sometimes it is about timing; when you are born ie. Mao v. Tara. A year or two ago and Evgenia would have OGM. And Chan might have a world medal this year had he gone to worlds. I hope Gracie is satisfied and happy with her new chapter regardless. I would be happy to see her compete if she was healthy physically and mentally. I honestly would be concerned if she changed directions so suddenly from coaching back to competing. But mayb eit is for shows who knows. I didn't realize there were that many shows though.

Maybe she was dipping her toe in the coaching puddle, and decided it isn't for her, or that she would really prefer to skate at this time. PS there aren't that many ice shows, except in Japan. I have no idea how popular she is in Japan. I know Jason is super popular over there and Nathan has been invited to skate at the Japanese ice shows.

tothepointe

On the Ice
Maybe she was dipping her toe in the coaching puddle, and decided it isn't for her, or that she would really prefer to skate at this time. PS there aren't that many ice shows, except in Japan. I have no idea how popular she is in Japan. I know Jason is super popular over there and Nathan has been invited to skate at the Japanese ice shows.

It only sound erratic to us. This may have been the plan the entire time but to announce a come back during the middle of the Olympics would bring attention to her and it probably would be to early to start for next season. So the fiscally responsible thing to do would be to work and earn money to pay for your training.

I'm going to assume that everything is logical and perfectly planned because to be honest that IS the narrative that Gracie deserves to have pushed in public. In this aspect I will give unconditional positive regard.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I hope not at least for me. I already found it suspicious why she had to announce this around the olympics. i was wondering if she was having issues leaving the limelight. To manipulate the public like that would bother me. I guess this is all speculative though. Not impressed how this started. But I wish Gracie well but I hope you are wrong this was the plan. Those poor kids were used as pawns then who she coached. I really hope you are wrong.

sross43

Rinkside
I hope not at least for me. I already found it suspicious why she had to announce this around the olympics. i was wondering if she was having issues leaving the limelight. To manipulate the public like that would bother me. I guess this is all speculative though. Not impressed how this started. But I wish Gracie well but I hope you are wrong this was the plan. Those poor kids were used as pawns then who she coached. I really hope you are wrong.

There's nothing manipulative about coaching to pay for your training. Coaching is a valuable skill worthy of compensation, and accepting that compensation while also caring about students aren't mutually exclusive. Why should a national champion and Olympian coach for free?

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I just wish the best for Gracie---whatever will make her happiest (and healthiest, of course).

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
There's nothing manipulative about coaching to pay for your training. Coaching is a valuable skill worthy of compensation, and accepting that compensation while also caring about students aren't mutually exclusive. Why should a national champion and Olympian coach for free?

I meant the timing of the announcements and such and all her tweets which where throwing shade during the olympics. I am wondering seeing ashley's conduct during the olympics and leading up to it if it is hard to give up the limelight for bit stars like Ashley and Gracie.

There is nothing wrong with coaching but is it really fair if a person meant to do it for a short period of time and not let the poor kids know? Anyways this is all speculative.

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States
There is nothing wrong with coaching but is it really fair if a person meant to do it for a short period of time and not let the poor kids know? Anyways this is all speculative.

Much would depend on the level of the kids and/or if she had been hired as their personal coach or as one of a group of coaches giving lessons.

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
If she is and she's happy, good for her! If she isn't and she's happy, good for her! As long as she's happy :)

Moxiejan

Medalist
Country
United-States

Gracie didn't announce it; the AZ rink did.

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
I meant the timing of the announcements and such and all her tweets which where throwing shade during the olympics. I am wondering seeing ashley's conduct during the olympics and leading up to it if it is hard to give up the limelight for bit stars like Ashley and Gracie.

I did not see shade from Gracie´s tweet, granted I do not follow her and only saw the ones people RTed.

A lot of skaters coach to pay the bills, so I don´t see a problem if she does both.

And as long as she is healthy and motivated I think we should be able to support her or at least respect her decision.

Right now this is just a rumor, there is no confirmation from her on her plans going a head so maybe we could wait and see.

Sportfan

Match Penalty
There are some controversies about her, i don't follow her on social media ( i don't follow famous people in general, bc on social media it always comes out that they are not that great as i thought and i'm sick and tired of the disappointment), but i've read things about it here on GG and that's enough for me. I'm not interested in her coming back