Love and Punishment | Page 116 | Golden Skate

Love and Punishment

Dafna

On the Ice
Bölüm 31. “Love”

The title of this episode is “Love”. I will talk about it later.
The episode opens with a recap of the sweet talk between Savas, Yasemine, and little Omer. Savas choked up and was speechless, when Omer called him “Baba”. It was a beautiful moment. Savas called Omer “astan oglum”, that we have heard other times as well. There are many given versions of its translation in numerous films, literally meaning “lion son”. It is not the son of a lion, it means strong and powerful as a lion.
Nazan and Savas confrontation. It was such a shame for a woman her age to lie and continue lying that way till the end of their conversation. Nazan is not a bad person at heart; two things are happening to her: First, she has been cocooned all her life, so at the age of 35, she doesn’t have any social cues and still isn’t able to recognize and understand the difference between good and bad people; but rather she behaves in an immature manner, almost childlike. Second, she has been victimized by tradition, essentially ruining her life. Savas gives an attempt to be civilized with Yavuz and Sahnur talking and letting Yavuz come to the house, however, is hurting her a lot. She thinks Bora is her good friend/companion and now husband, the only person that loves her. Her ending the conversation by calling a name to little Omer, wasn’t good at all. No matter that Yasi specifically asked Savas to be cool and talk to his sister, he couldn’t refrain himself: he spanked her. Right at that moment he felt bad about it, very bad. The story came full circle: in the first episode he was the one who protected and felt sorry for her sister when their mother spanked her. And she said to him: “I believed my pleasant and educated brother wouldn’t except this marriage” (the marriage of Cicek and Kemal). I can’t fully understand Sava’s tone in their conversation. He is cool and collected when he talks to Cicek, no matter how mad he might be at her that moment. But, here in this scene, he starts with an angry tone, and at some point, he shakes her by taking her from her shoulders. I think he doesn’t like her going around and meeting men in the park like a teenager, and most of all he doesn’t like Bora at all, because he knows he is a deceiver. I remember from season 1, he had the same angry face when his mother showed him Cicek’s pictures socializing with friends. It was Nadya who talked to him and changed his mind. I went back and played the scene of Sahnur spanking Nazan, and the one Savas and Nazan next to a car in Van the night of Kemal’s weeding. He looked very different: nice, relaxed, laid back. Here he is very tense and worried. I think the weight of the family problems,
the clan and his complicated personal life have had a toll on him.
I think Hakan is talking on the phone with his mother- in- law, because he calls her Safiye Anne instead of simply Anne.
I like the parallel between Cicek with her phone on her hands waiting for Savas to call her and he never calls, and Savas calling Yasemine and wanting to be with her, needing her. More and more they are becoming the only one for each other.
Nazan and Bora left the town, they are in their hotel room. By the way the bed is very big, or so it looks to me, bigger than a king size bed. Nazan is worried and misses her son and wants to call home. Bora convinces her not to talk to her family because he is afraid they might hurt her, and he is the only one who is “loving” and “protecting” her. What a despicable man he is!
Apparently, nobody can fall asleep tonight thinking of their problems: Baran, Nazan, Ahmet, Yavuz, Yasemine, little Omer, Savas and Pala. This segment has my favorite LP sound track: the song that Scout found, “Istanbul” by Ozer Arkun. I like the mix of cello and the drums in it, it is very epic and in the movie is always associated with Van and/or Van issues: “Tore”. It is a beautiful song!
Savas is tired and he is going away for some days with Yasemine and Omer. As much as he is trying to live a normal life and be happy with Yasemine and their son, as much his enemies are working to destroy it:
-Yavuz questioned Cicek about her relationship with her husband, and no matter that she insisted they were ok, he has his doubts. Now, he is more eager with his revenge. He pledges $300,000 and acts all cool and rich. Poor Yasemine is so happy about that, she praises God. I also like her outfit here. She wears a huge blue ring with matching earrings (note: unusual color combination jewelry and outfit).
-Mehmet is trying to hack on Savas’s computer at work. He is so eager about it.
-Ahmet Moran is working on doing a drug shipment through Orhan.
Now comes the part of the episode, that gives it the title and makes you remember this episode: “Love”. It is a segment of almost 4 minutes. It starts with a quiet, beautiful shot of their house in the dark at night and no music just some light sound effects. They both lying in bed. Savas with a happy face and shining eyes says that they should live there thereafter, because that is their house. And Yasemine with a beautiful smile in her face liking so much what she just heard, just nods at him. This is the only dialog of the entire scene (fourteen words at all). And here the music starts: it is a version of “Hungarian Dance” No 5 of Johannes Brahms. It shows Savas and Yasemine spending time at their house together with little Omer. They make love; they cook and eat from the pot and have fun at and with each other; play with Omer, that is the cutest and most adorable little person; take strolls in the park; get caught in the rain; stay in the porch; make love and spend time together. In this segment words are made out of music, looks, smiles, laughs, hugs and kisses. At some point they are in their living room, Yasemine is putting Omer to sleep and Savas is spending time in his computer. He gets his head up and looks at her, and they both look at each other. This is the “conversation”I “hear”: You are amazing, you can do everything, you love me with so much passion, you love and take care of our son, you are smart and beautiful. I adore you! How did I find you? And she answers back: I love you too, and I am very happy and peaceful right now… I have to note that I don’t remember (please, tell me if you do) to have seen such a dignified love scene, so beautiful and so classy. And the music makes it more tender and special. The lighting and the effects are also very beautiful. So far, their house has served as a hugging, comforting, get away from ugly reality place. And all we have seen in this house is them being worried and unhappy and coming there for escape. But now this is the house of love and happiness. So, all we see and hear is the beautiful music and these lovely tender moments. Nothing extraordinary, things that every couple would do in every day life, but for them this is paradise. And they end these five beautiful days with some nice, sweet words. An emotional Savas kisses Yasemine’s hand and says: Teşekkür ederim, sagol bu aşk için (Thank you, thank you for this love).
They both return to reality: Yasemine comes in the office, and Savas goes to meet Esref. Yasemine looks beautiful in this outfit, brown velvet jacket and white shirt. I like her makeup, I think this is my favorite: simple. Her jewelry also; she is wearing a beautiful ring. She says to Sevgi that her days with Savas and Omer looked like cennet (heaven), and called herself salak (stupid, goofy) for saying all these words.
I don’t know, but it feels good seeing Mehmet getting bitten. I like how Esref helps him get up, cleans him and “is worried” he might get an infection there in the ground.
Nazan and Bora are in Marmaris. It is a small beautiful resort town south of Bodrum
Cicek comes home and looks half crazy. She looks like she is about to burst any moment. And so, she does. She burst at Fidan. Poor sweet Fidan!...
Cicek and Savas fight is played very well by Feride. Here it sounds like Savas is fighting with Yavuz. Cicek is repeating back what Yavuz told her in Van. Cicek is angry at the whole world.
The scene at the office, Hakan brings his daughter at work. The secretary calls Lara kucuk hanim (young lady, miss). And Hakan’s last name is Tan. Good to know. I don’t like how Feride (Cicek) played here.
Yavuz meeting with Yasemine and Sevgi. Yavuz is hitting on Yasemine. In my opinion he is playing with the fire. He is all lies, talking with big numbers. I don’t believe he has that much money, but he is expecting to do drug business that’s why.
At this point I don’t understand, Cicek told Yavuz she is in good terms with Savas. Now she admits to him that Yasi is his girlfriend? I don’t understand it. I just want to note the fact that it is now that Cicek learns about her brother working with Yasemine.

The Baldar truck with drugs is traveling to go to its destination. The police stop the truck. The cell phones are ringing: Savas learns his sister is back in town; Ahmet Moran learns the police got the truck. Savas gives Yasemine the keys to her new BMW. I think Yasemine looks better in the BMW compared to the red truck, no matter that we might associate it with their first days together…..
The end of the episode can be summed with one word: “Punishment”.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nG6Whev8s3U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nzo3atXtm54

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marmaris

Scout12

On the Ice

Hi Dafna

I just read your notes on EP 31. Lots of great observations and points :thumbsup: - I'm going to watch 31 again and then reply. It will probably be tomorrow. (Yasemin, and her colour combinations - oh I agree, love them! This episode has one of my favourites - her red zip sweater with the turquoise tank underneath. I've been searching for a turquoise tank or V neck short sleeve T shirt to wear under red. I love this almost as much as the beige booties I covet.)

The Istanbul photos - there's a login and password required to access, so unfortunately I couldn't view them.

Dafna

On the Ice
Hi Dafna

I just read your notes on EP 31. Lots of great observations and points :thumbsup: - I'm going to watch 31 again and then reply. It will probably be tomorrow. (Yasemin, and her colour combinations - oh I agree, love them! This episode has one of my favourites - her red zip sweater with the turquoise tank underneath. I've been searching for a turquoise tank or V neck short sleeve T shirt to wear under red. I love this almost as much as the beige booties I covet.)

The Istanbul photos - there's a login and password required to access, so unfortunately I couldn't view them.

Mehraba Scout Abla,
I am not that familiar with imgbb. It was my first time using it. I created an account, and I think you have to create an account to be able to access the photos. I made the photos available for everyone to watch for as long as they logg in to imgbb. There are 79 photos.

Please watch #31 again and let me know. I want to know your opinion.

I think.... hmmm... for the turquoise tank, you are thinking for another episode. The red zip sweater comes very handy to Savas :cool14:when they are sited in the porch in a later episode I believe.
Tessekur ederim!

Scout12

On the Ice
Mehraba Scout Abla,
I am not that familiar with imgbb. It was my first time using it. I created an account, and I think you have to create an account to be able to access the photos. I made the photos available for everyone to watch for as long as they logg in to imgbb. There are 79 photos.

Please watch #31 again and let me know. I want to know your opinion.

I think.... hmmm... for the turquoise tank, you are thinking for another episode. The red zip sweater comes very handy to Savas :cool14:when they are sited in the porch in a later episode I believe.
Tessekur ederim!

imgbb - I created an account, opened it, copied and pasted your link to the page, and I can see the album now Dafna.

Pictures 1 and 16 - fishing. Remember when Savas and Yasemin were on their honeymoon, and Savas tried fishing for their lunch. To me it seemed a little out of place - he didn't strike me as the fishing type. But maybe it's something lots of people do, or try out occasionally at the very least - with so much opportunity? I think it makes more sense now. The 4th to last picture, Bosphorus and the bridge - this one reminded me of episode that opens with Besir, Ahmet, and Nobody watching .... we're not sure what at first. For Nobody, we find out it's Savas, Yasemin and Omer at her house - the night vision camera shots. She really did have a very beautiful, close-to-waterfront villa. Imagine what these must cost - they're beautiful, and prime location. Great pictures Dafna, thanks for sharing them.

(And the red and turquoise colour combination - you're right, that's another episode.)

Dafna

On the Ice
imgbb - I created an account, opened it, copied and pasted your link to the page, and I can see the album now Dafna.

Pictures 1 and 16 - fishing. Remember when Savas and Yasemin were on their honeymoon, and Savas tried fishing for their lunch. To me it seemed a little out of place - he didn't strike me as the fishing type. But maybe it's something lots of people do, or try out occasionally at the very least - with so much opportunity? I think it makes more sense now. The 4th to last picture, Bosphorus and the bridge - this one reminded me of episode that opens with Besir, Ahmet, and Nobody watching .... we're not sure what at first. For Nobody, we find out it's Savas, Yasemin and Omer at her house - the night vision camera shots. She really did have a very beautiful, close-to-waterfront villa. Imagine what these must cost - they're beautiful, and prime location. Great pictures Dafna, thanks for sharing them.

(And the red and turquoise colour combination - you're right, that's another episode.)

I am glad you liked the photos.:)

Scout12

On the Ice
Bölüm 31. “Love”

The title of this episode is “Love”. I will talk about it later.
The episode opens with a recap of the sweet talk between Savas, Yasemine, and little Omer. Savas choked up and was speechless, when Omer called him “Baba”. It was a beautiful moment. Savas called Omer “astan oglum”, that we have heard other times as well. There are many given versions of its translation in numerous films, literally meaning “lion son”. It is not the son of a lion, it means strong and powerful as a lion.
Nazan and Savas confrontation. It was such a shame for a woman her age to lie and continue lying that way till the end of their conversation. Nazan is not a bad person at heart; two things are happening to her: First, she has been cocooned all her life, so at the age of 35, she doesn’t have any social cues and still isn’t able to recognize and understand the difference between good and bad people; but rather she behaves in an immature manner, almost childlike. Second, she has been victimized by tradition, essentially ruining her life. Savas gives an attempt to be civilized with Yavuz and Sahnur talking and letting Yavuz come to the house, however, is hurting her a lot. She thinks Bora is her good friend/companion and now husband, the only person that loves her. Her ending the conversation by calling a name to little Omer, wasn’t good at all. No matter that Yasi specifically asked Savas to be cool and talk to his sister, he couldn’t refrain himself: he spanked her. Right at that moment he felt bad about it, very bad. The story came full circle: in the first episode he was the one who protected and felt sorry for her sister when their mother spanked her. And she said to him: “I believed my pleasant and educated brother wouldn’t except this marriage” (the marriage of Cicek and Kemal). I can’t fully understand Sava’s tone in their conversation. He is cool and collected when he talks to Cicek, no matter how mad he might be at her that moment. But, here in this scene, he starts with an angry tone, and at some point, he shakes her by taking her from her shoulders. I think he doesn’t like her going around and meeting men in the park like a teenager, and most of all he doesn’t like Bora at all, because he knows he is a deceiver. I remember from season 1, he had the same angry face when his mother showed him Cicek’s pictures socializing with friends. It was Nadya who talked to him and changed his mind. I went back and played the scene of Sahnur spanking Nazan, and the one Savas and Nazan next to a car in Van the night of Kemal’s weeding. He looked very different: nice, relaxed, laid back. Here he is very tense and worried. I think the weight of the family problems,
the clan and his complicated personal life have had a toll on him.
I think Hakan is talking on the phone with his mother- in- law, because he calls her Safiye Anne instead of simply Anne.
I like the parallel between Cicek with her phone on her hands waiting for Savas to call her and he never calls, and Savas calling Yasemine and wanting to be with her, needing her. More and more they are becoming the only one for each other.
Nazan and Bora left the town, they are in their hotel room. By the way the bed is very big, or so it looks to me, bigger than a king size bed. Nazan is worried and misses her son and wants to call home. Bora convinces her not to talk to her family because he is afraid they might hurt her, and he is the only one who is “loving” and “protecting” her. What a despicable man he is!
Apparently, nobody can fall asleep tonight thinking of their problems: Baran, Nazan, Ahmet, Yavuz, Yasemine, little Omer, Savas and Pala. This segment has my favorite LP sound track: the song that Scout found, “Istanbul” by Ozer Arkun. I like the mix of cello and the drums in it, it is very epic and in the movie is always associated with Van and/or Van issues: “Tore”. It is a beautiful song!
Savas is tired and he is going away for some days with Yasemine and Omer. As much as he is trying to live a normal life and be happy with Yasemine and their son, as much his enemies are working to destroy it:
-Yavuz questioned Cicek about her relationship with her husband, and no matter that she insisted they were ok, he has his doubts. Now, he is more eager with his revenge. He pledges $300,000 and acts all cool and rich. Poor Yasemine is so happy about that, she praises God. I also like her outfit here. She wears a huge blue ring with matching earrings (note: unusual color combination jewelry and outfit).
-Mehmet is trying to hack on Savas’s computer at work. He is so eager about it.
-Ahmet Moran is working on doing a drug shipment through Orhan.
Now comes the part of the episode, that gives it the title and makes you remember this episode: “Love”. It is a segment of almost 4 minutes. It starts with a quiet, beautiful shot of their house in the dark at night and no music just some light sound effects. They both lying in bed. Savas with a happy face and shining eyes says that they should live there thereafter, because that is their house. And Yasemine with a beautiful smile in her face liking so much what she just heard, just nods at him. This is the only dialog of the entire scene (fourteen words at all). And here the music starts: it is a version of “Hungarian Dance” No 5 of Johannes Brahms. It shows Savas and Yasemine spending time at their house together with little Omer. They make love; they cook and eat from the pot and have fun at and with each other; play with Omer, that is the cutest and most adorable little person; take strolls in the park; get caught in the rain; stay in the porch; make love and spend time together. In this segment words are made out of music, looks, smiles, laughs, hugs and kisses. At some point they are in their living room, Yasemine is putting Omer to sleep and Savas is spending time in his computer. He gets his head up and looks at her, and they both look at each other. This is the “conversion” I “hear”: You are amazing, you can do everything, you love me with so much passion, you love and take care of our son, you are smart and beautiful. I adore you! How did I find you? And she answers back: I love you too, and I am very happy and peaceful right now… I have to note that I don’t remember (please, tell me if you do) to have seen such a dignified love scene, so beautiful and so classy. And the music makes it more tender and special. The lighting and the effects are also very beautiful. So far, their house has served as a hugging, comforting, get away from ugly reality place. And all we have seen in this house is them being worried and unhappy and coming there for escape. But now this is the house of love and happiness. So, all we see and hear is the beautiful music and these lovely tender moments. Nothing extraordinary, things that every couple would do in every day life, but for them this is paradise. And they end these five beautiful days with some nice, sweet words. An emotional Savas kisses Yasemine’s hand and says: Teşekkür ederim, sagol bu aşk için (Thank you, thank you for this love).
They both return to reality: Yasemine comes in the office, and Savas goes to meet Esref. Yasemine looks beautiful in this outfit, brown velvet jacket and white shirt. I like her makeup, I think this is my favorite: simple. Her jewelry also; she is wearing a beautiful ring. She says to Sevgi that her days with Savas and Omer looked like cennet (heaven), and called herself salak (stupid, goofy) for saying all these words.
I don’t know, but it feels good seeing Mehmet getting bitten. I like how Esref helps him get up, cleans him and “is worried” he might get an infection there in the ground.
Nazan and Bora are in Marmaris. It is a small beautiful resort town south of Bodrum
Cicek comes home and looks half crazy. She looks like she is about to burst any moment. And so, she does. She burst at Fidan. Poor sweet Fidan!...
Cicek and Savas fight is played very well by Feride. Here it sounds like Savas is fighting with Yavuz. Cicek is repeating back what Yavuz told her in Van. Cicek is angry at the whole world.
The scene at the office, Hakan brings his daughter at work. The secretary calls Lara kucuk hanim (young lady, miss). And Hakan’s last name is Tan. Good to know. I don’t like how Feride (Cicek) played here.
Yavuz meeting with Yasemine and Sevgi. Yavuz is hitting on Yasemine. In my opinion he is playing with the fire. He is all lies, talking with big numbers. I don’t believe he has that much money, but he is expecting to do drug business that’s why.
At this point I don’t understand, Cicek told Yavuz she is in good terms with Savas. Now she admits to him that Yasi is his girlfriend? I don’t understand it. I just want to note the fact that it is now that Cicek learns about her brother working with Yasemine.

The Baldar truck with drugs is traveling to go to its destination. The police stop the truck. The cell phones are ringing: Savas learns his sister is back in town; Ahmet Moran learns the police got the truck. Savas gives Yasemine the keys to her new BMW. I think Yasemine looks better in the BMW compared to the red truck, no matter that we might associate it with their first days together…..
The end of the episode can be summed with one word: “Punishment”.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nG6Whev8s3U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nzo3atXtm54

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marmaris

Hi Dafna

I don’t know why, but when I saw your Ep 31 notes posted, I thought – great, new episode write up. My mistake - I guess I lost track of where we are. Or I’m still suffering from paint fumes. Anyway, I watched 31 again - it’s such a great episode. Your thoughts -

Nazan. I agree with you – she’s had a really hard life. The expectations and opportunities for women like her are really limited. Sahnur presents life to her like this, - “why bother going to school, education is of no value to you because you’ll marry, have kids, that’ll be your life”. Once she mocked Nazan for being bored and wanting to take English lessons as a way to fill the day while Baran was at school. And in an earlier episode she demanded to know who Nazan talked to, “you can’t have friends that I don’t know about”. It’s like being imprisoned. The difference between Nazan's life and Savas’ – he completed high school, went abroad for university, picked a job that interested him, had lots of friends it seemed and by all accounts lots of girlfriends. Remember when Cicek talked about this difference, son’s vs daughters – it's when she went to Yasemin’s office. So Nazan and Cicek lead very similar lives in that respect, even though Cicek went to school. Daughters like Nazan and Cicek have much less freedom, and they aren’t equal to their brothers.

I’ve been watching the first half of the series again too Dafna. I wanted to see the beginning of the story for Cicek and Leyla from the different perspectives talked about here. To see them as others see them. But one thing I’ve noticed is this – Savas seems to be the only person in his family who has this core value of kindness. Kemal told Cicek he had loved her for 10 years before they married – that’s why he chose her. A moment of tenderness. But then he threatened to put a bullet in her head if she didn’t stop rebelling. This is when she went to school to look up the marks posted for an exam; he came to find her and literally hauled her out to his car. I had forgotten that part. It was such a 180 from his declaration of love.

Mustapha – well, where to start. As Sahnur says, he’s a “rascal”. Self-entitled spoiled criminal-in-training came to my mind.

But then there’s Nazan too. It’s when Ahmet Moran dragged Cicek back up to her bedroom at Baldar’s, and ordered her to marry again through the bridal exchange. He threw her down on the floor and threatened to put a bullet in her head if she tried to escape. Nazan witnessed this and later just after Cicek’s marriage #2 to Savas, she continued to harass Cicek, mocked her, and did everything she could to make her life at the Baldar home miserable. So like you I want to feel bad for Nazan because of how she was raised, how her mom treated her, but the way she treated Cicek at this point in the story – it was just cruel. She understood that Cicek was there by force. I get that Nazan had a horrible upbringing, and she was traumatized by her husband’s murder, but I don’t understand why she treated Cicek as if she had any choice in this marriage or her first marriage to Kemal. For a period of time she became friends with Cicek, but before that she just relentlessly bullied her.

How did Savas grow up to be so different from everyone else in his nuclear family? His kindness - it had to be there before he left for university in the States. Strange - he's definitely not like the others.

The meeting between Sevgi, Yasemin and Yavuz. Yavus is staring at Yasemin, not even trying to hide the fact that he’s attracted to her. Sevgi is watching him watching Yasemin with that creepy ear-to-ear grin on his face. And Yasemin is looking down, like she’s trying to avert his gaze, and when she does look over at him she looks anywhere but at his eyes. Remember when Yasemin asked Savas – when did you know Nadya was in love with you. This meeting reminded me of that conversation – he said he knew from early on that Nadya felt more for him than he felt for her. Well now it’s Yasemin’s turn. It seems to me there’s no way she doesn’t know that Yavuz feels something more for her than admiration for her business skills.

Yasemin’s red Dodge Durango, and her new BMW. This is kind of random, and not very important, but I got the feeling Nurgul wasn’t a comfortable driver – especially compared to Murat. She always drove rather slow, and she came to abrupt stops in that Durango. That or it had really grabby brakes.

A few more random observations. The swing - the one by the pool at Savas and Yasemin’s house. I would love to have one like that for my backyard. Yasemin sitting in that swing, just before they head back to work – her hair pulled up, her make up - one of her best looks. She always looks good in jeans too, love this outfit.

Just a guess on my part, but I believe the rain scenes are augmented with a fire hose. That or they had some epic downpours during filming and just kept going. Same for the second missed date – Savas paces the street in front of Yasemin’s house in the rain when she won’t answer the door. Just guessing, but I say that’s real rain along with some fake rain.

Finally, Dafna – the 5 days at their house, 5 days of paradise, and that love scene – I agree. That 4 minutes says so much, and for the most part without words. In most other series, scenes like this would end up edited out because they don’t push the plot forward. But in LP, they not only include them, it’s like they’re committed to continually adding these scenes in. Because here you see the relationship growing, becoming deeper. And you have to see the relationship develop to understand why Savas and Yasemin do what they do. It’s very unique, isn’t it – this part of LP. For me it’s one of the main reason it’s so good.

Great insights Dafna.

Dafna

On the Ice
Scout Abla, great discussion, wonderful observations that make our conversation going. I will definitely answer to some of your points very soon.
Tesekkurler!

Meganda

Medalist
Dafna and Scout, you two are great observers and summarizers! I appreciated the point of 4 minutes of gentle, soft footage of Savas and Yasemin in their home, their place of peace in the life of their relationship. Previously they had gone there with the vision of this peace but never accomplishing it. Now they seem to be on an peaceful island separate from the world and it deserved the silent visual only space. I did so love their conversation on the outdoor swing - heartfelt.

Also appreciated the discussion on Nazan's dilemma in life and the inability to separate the fact that she is female from how she will live her life. It's a vision of life that is uncomprehendible and unacceptable to me, even though I may understand that it is part of their culture for a certain part of the populous.

Also agreed with the point that this family doesn't know how to be kind without ulterior motive. As I say this I refect on the comparision of the Cicek and Nazan and realize that this discussion must also include Sahnur as a female. Her personality allowed her to react differently at feminization dictating to her as to how to lead her life. That would take a thesis on how their various personalities directed their reactions to the various female norms of their society and history. Also the comparison of Kemal's extremes in his ability to express love and kindness. Perhaps we need to compare the 4 men in this family - Hasip, Kemal, Savas and Mustafa. Perhaps it is his intelligence that allows him to live a life separate from the rest of them, allowing him to separate himself from the norms of male female relationships in the clan.

There's more to your observations but it's late for me right now::bed:

Efendi

Spectator
Dear all,
I found your wonderful little group as I was desperately looking for Season 2 of Ask & Cesa. I have purchased half of the episodes though it hasn’t stopped me from binge watching. I have skimmed through your insights and details and often smiled. You see my background is Iranian and I am savouring all the similarities that I find in the Turkish culture. I started with Lovebird and fell in love with its leads and its magical poetic storytelling. I loved Burak’s performance so much that I succumbed to watching the tragedy Kara Sevda. To be honest it didn’t make an impression on me. I’m not saying it was bad but if I found the best part to be the love story between Leyla and Ayhan, then that should sum up my feelings about it. I moved on to KS&S and despite the high production quality, I didn’t see much chemistry between the leads and to be honest, I was happy when Seyet didn’t end up with Sura. I found out after that it was based on a true story though they took too many liberties changing the plot for TV. Anyways, I wanted to see if Kivanc is really a good actor or not and watched Cesur and Guzel. It lost me towards the end. I wasn’t too sure if the unrealistic end was a twist to prevent post-series depression. Again, I wanted to check out Tuba’s acting and watched Kara Para Ask, thought she had better chemistry with Engin than Kivanc. I recommend KPA only if you fast forward the Niloofar parts. I really like Tuba’s beauty and found Asi on YouTube and Daily Motion but not the full series with English translation. If you need to find a group interested in paying to get that translated, please count on me. Anyways, Asi lead me to Murat and my current love. LOL I’m now on Season 2 Episode 38 and keep getting impressed with his acting. Look forward to contributing to this forum.
Gole Gole

sarajevo2bih

Spectator
Hi, anyone out there watching Love and Punishment? I am on video #40 on YouTube and I am having trouble figuring out what Yasemin’s kid was diagnosed with?

I don’t speak Turkish, just trying to make out the situation through it the acting.

What about Cicek’s brother, what is he after really?

Meganda

Medalist
Dear all,
I found your wonderful little group as I was desperately looking for Season 2 of Ask & Cesa. I have purchased half of the episodes though it hasn’t stopped me from binge watching. I have skimmed through your insights and details and often smiled. You see my background is Iranian and I am savouring all the similarities that I find in the Turkish culture. I started with Lovebird and fell in love with its leads and its magical poetic storytelling. I loved Burak’s performance so much that I succumbed to watching the tragedy Kara Sevda. To be honest it didn’t make an impression on me. I’m not saying it was bad but if I found the best part to be the love story between Leyla and Ayhan, then that should sum up my feelings about it. I moved on to KS&S and despite the high production quality, I didn’t see much chemistry between the leads and to be honest, I was happy when Seyet didn’t end up with Sura. I found out after that it was based on a true story though they took too many liberties changing the plot for TV. Anyways, I wanted to see if Kivanc is really a good actor or not and watched Cesur and Guzel. It lost me towards the end. I wasn’t too sure if the unrealistic end was a twist to prevent post-series depression. Again, I wanted to check out Tuba’s acting and watched Kara Para Ask, thought she had better chemistry with Engin than Kivanc. I recommend KPA only if you fast forward the Niloofar parts. I really like Tuba’s beauty and found Asi on YouTube and Daily Motion but not the full series with English translation. If you need to find a group interested in paying to get that translated, please count on me. Anyways, Asi lead me to Murat and my current love. LOL I’m now on Season 2 Episode 38 and keep getting impressed with his acting. Look forward to contributing to this forum.
Gole Gole

hoşgeldiniz Efendi. We're slowly talking about the events in season 2. Right now we're on E31. Feel free to express whatever you want. We'd love to hear from you.

Meganda

Medalist
Hi, anyone out there watching Love and Punishment? I am on video #40 on YouTube and I am having trouble figuring out what Yasemin’s kid was diagnosed with?

I don’t speak Turkish, just trying to make out the situation through it the acting.

What about Cicek’s brother, what is he after really?
Hi Sarajevo2bih
you can buy LP season 2 with English subtitles: [email protected] ask for Sophia.

Yavuz is just plain evil, wants to get into the drug business, uses Cicek for his own purpose but poses as if he is concerned about her and is after Yaemin at first because she is Savas' girlfriend. I don't remember what the doctor said Omer had, I think it was something like leukemia, but it's a misdiagnosis.

Scout12

On the Ice
Dafna and Scout, you two are great observers and summarizers! I appreciated the point of 4 minutes of gentle, soft footage of Savas and Yasemin in their home, their place of peace in the life of their relationship. Previously they had gone there with the vision of this peace but never accomplishing it. Now they seem to be on an peaceful island separate from the world and it deserved the silent visual only space. I did so love their conversation on the outdoor swing - heartfelt.

Also appreciated the discussion on Nazan's dilemma in life and the inability to separate the fact that she is female from how she will live her life. It's a vision of life that is uncomprehendible and unacceptable to me, even though I may understand that it is part of their culture for a certain part of the populous.

Also agreed with the point that this family doesn't know how to be kind without ulterior motive. As I say this I refect on the comparision of the Cicek and Nazan and realize that this discussion must also include Sahnur as a female. Her personality allowed her to react differently at feminization dictating to her as to how to lead her life. That would take a thesis on how their various personalities directed their reactions to the various female norms of their society and history. Also the comparison of Kemal's extremes in his ability to express love and kindness. Perhaps we need to compare the 4 men in this family - Hasip, Kemal, Savas and Mustafa. Perhaps it is his intelligence that allows him to live a life separate from the rest of them, allowing him to separate himself from the norms of male female relationships in the clan.

There's more to your observations but it's late for me right now::bed:

Hi Meganda and Dafna and everyone else.

After my last post about the Baldar family and being kind, I was thinking about it and I think a better word is empathy, not kindness. Empathy as the ability to understand the feelings of someone else, and from their reference point, not your own. Not only to understand their feelings, but to share and feel them (again, from their reference point). To walk in their shoes so to speak. Because I think you can argue that others in the Baldar family show kindness – ex. Sahnur instructing that donations be made to their “tribe” in Van, baby clothes to be collected and donated, that sort of thing.

And I don’t think the others completely lack the ability to be empathetic. I just think on the spectrum of relating to others in that way (empathy), within his own immediate family Savas is alone. Others in his family definitely show kindness, and sometimes moments of empathy, but they don’t show empathy at the level he does, or as consistently.

Or as consistently as Yasemin. To me she’s a very empathetic person. And remember when they met for the second time and Savas was working on cracking her reserve - trying to get her to talk to him – and he told her she had a kind heart? Not only did he understand her emotions about her last relationship from her perspective – he empathized with her - but he also recognized that she was someone who had a kind and compassionate heart.

Sometimes I go back to the beginning, and watch LP to look at the plot or characters from a certain perspective. I started back at the beginning – the NE episodes – to watch Cicek and Leyla from the perspective that others have talked about here. I’m also interested in Savas’ conception of how he fell in love with Yasemin. It really intrigues me. I know he was at that point in his life probably just ready to settle down, but I think there’s something else going on here for him. I’d just like to see if I can flush out a more detailed conception of this instantaneous love he talks about from the little bits he says, what was going on around him, and what he says about Yasemin. What it was about her for him. Not sure I’ll be able to connect all the dots, but I hope to. I’ll let you know if I come up with something.

One more thing – I thought of this yesterday as I watched the Royal wedding. 60 years ago, this wouldn’t have been possible – the marriage of someone in the British Royal family to a divorcee. Princess Margaret was in Prince Harry’s position when she fell in love with Captain Peter Townsend. But the times were different and the culture was different. If those who’ve written about her are right it cost Princess Margaret dearly – to let go of that relationship. As I watched coverage of Harry and Meghan, I thought about that and the new culture today. And how they’re trying to change culture even further. (It was a very different Royal wedding service – it was wonderful).

Going back to Savas and LP – changing culture. And the theme of time. Remember when Savas tells Ahmet Moran “Look at the calendar AM, time has moved on.” Changing a culture is HARD, it’s messy, it won’t be an easy road – there will be set backs, people will resist, people will get hurt, and it will take time. You should expect this. Anyway, I keep thinking about this theme in LP too. I don’t know that Savas really understood how hard it was going to be in the beginning. But at least when he did, his reaction was "damn the torpedos, full speed ahead" - he knew in the end it was worth it. What a journey.

Dafna

On the Ice
Thank you so much for these. They are fabulous, hopefully you didn't have to scan them all.

Mehraba Megi Abla, yes I did scan them all. But it was my pleasure. There were many more but with people, so I couldn't include those. You didn't tell me which one you liked the most. My favorite are Saint Chora church, Sulejmanie and Hagia Sophia. I like especially the color combination on murals of Sulejmanie camii. Did you see the guy with simit in his head, how about the cats? I scanned those because I remembered you talking about cats there everywhere. My friend said they were in every store.

Dafna

On the Ice
Mehraba Ladies, I hope Loveshura sees this: dear Loveshura thank you, tesekkurler and also sagol! I just finished watching Lovebird. Waw! Telling the truth for almost a year maybe, I used to pass it thinking eh what that can be two people in a swing, stupid. Then I saw Loveshura talking about it here. I said let me give it a try. It was interesting in many perspectives: their love story: beautiful and unique, their play, the historical aspect of it, the culture, language. I liked it. It also helped me understand some questions from LP. I will definitely will watch it again in the near future. The movie was based on the novel with the same title "ÇALIKUŞU" by Reşat Nuri Güntekin. It is translated with the title "The Autobiography of a Turkish Girl". Has anyone checked or read it?

A warm welcome to Efendi! We'll be happy to hear your point of view on LP. The more the merrier. After I finished watching "Lovebird", I was checking to see any other movies from these two actors, and I came across "Kara Sevda" that you mentioned. I had a quick question: where did you watch "Kara Sevda" with English subtitles?
Tesekkurler!

Iyi günler to All!

NazAli

On the Ice
Hello Ladies,
hope you've been keeping well. Lot's of changes and hectic schedule work assignments and family.
I'm sure all the stuff you're all going through.
I'm gonna post my summary of 31.
Then read the posts made by ya'll.

Bolum 31

'Sen ve ben' - ‘You and I’ - 'Our Commitment and Love'

I love the start of this episode. We see SAVAS as being warm, loving, caring and happy. We also see his vulnerability, when he’s filled with emotions as his son calls him daddy. We also see an expression on his face of concern with what lies ahead in the night with him confronting his sister. But the conversation between him and his wife, is that of caring for each other and concern especially from Yasemin for what is to happen tonight between him and his sister.

As soon as he arrives home, there’s a difference on the way Savas is brought back in the scene. He hoots at the gate, everyone in the compound is silent and going about their business, once Savas gets to Esref, he does not say hello, but asks for the phone, takes a look at the photos and at the same time when done, he grins and looks up in a sense of disbelief and maybe in the same time thinking and asking how could Nazan fall victim to Bora. Even Esref knows that Savas means business and wouldn’t like to be in Nazan’s shoes. Savas heads into the house, not looking even to the sitting room, where his mom is seated (Sahnur, knows something is up, because his son doesn’t even acknowledge her) but he heads up directly to Nazan’s room.

Savas and Nazan:

Savas enters the room quite calmly and asks Baran to leave. Nazan sense’s that something is off. She’s trying to be calm, but she’s fidgeting with her fingers and her posture, as she asks Savas, what the matter is? He asks he where she is and she responds by saying out, which means she was not prepared to be confronted with that question, thus her unpreparedness to give a half decent response that would be believable. This conversation highlight’s Naza’s naivety. Her first instinct is to lie to her brother, not only out of fear, but it also shows that she has not trusted her brother enough to be open with him about her feelings etc, and that maybe is the key to her failures. Because her brother from the beginning had asked all of them to trust in him because he would seek a way to make changes for them. Esp Nazan, Cicek and himself of course.

Savas immediately tells her that she was out with Bora, and directly asks her if she’s in a relationship with him. Nazan responds with the question, What? Like saying how could I be in a relationship with him. So she denies it, she even caution’s Savas to listen to himself, of what he was insinuating about her. Then Savas immediately gives the supporting evidence of the photos, asking what are these. Nazan, leans close to Savas to have a look, her face immediately changes. I feel that Savas is asking her are you not even ashamed of lying to me right to my face about what you’re doing with Bora. Nazan immediately caves and says, ‘ alright Savas, I’ll tell you keep calm’. Sava’s response, though harsh is right because he has seen first-hand what Bora is like, but he knows that his sister does not. It comes from knowing how vulnerable her sister is due to traditions. His anger make’s him react this way because even though he tells, Nazan, she does not want to understand what he’s saying. I think It is difficult for Savas to be patient in this case because it has been going on for a while. He tells her that she can’t see him again because he lacks character, but Nazan doesn’t want to hear it.
Nazan glorifying Bora and vilifying her brother is classic projection. Only that she’s unaware of it. She in calling her brother a liar and traitor, is her perfectly describing Bora’s character.
‘ While you hurt my pride, Bora gave consequence to me, He support’s me and I love him’. The inverse is correct of what Bora does, but what she describes Bora doing for her, is exactly what Savas does for her.
Savas then asks – what Love is this to Nazan? He plainly tells her that Bora is using her and that he does not love her, he’s only deceiving her.

This argument is loud and heard throughput the house, then we see Sahnur and Fidan looking at each other in surprise of what they are hearing of the argument. Savas asks Nazan if she’s an idiot, but it’s interesting that Nazan interjects and responds by claiming that Savas is the idiot, the irony is not lost on us though. Savas then calmly urges the sister to listen to reason and that Bora does not care for her but for the money. At this point Savas is just amazed to how blind his sister is, his arms are at akimbo. Just listening to what Nazan is saying. Then believing that she has the upper hand on her brother with her argument, Nazan decides to inflict a wound on him in order to stop him from cautioning her. She tells him that he’s the one that is deceived, she invokes Yasemin and their son, in the conversation, by saying that at least Bora did not deceive anyone in order to get a father for her bastard. And at that point Sava’s turns from his gaze and widens his eyes in disbelief and the first action is a Slap across Nazan’s cheeks. Whoa !!!!! Then the guilt in his face you can see it as he realizes what he’s done. Nazan quickly picks up her keys and bag and runs out. Savas is in hot pursuit after her, calling her name. She walks out, tells her mom to get out the way. Savas has to literally hold her hand and start dragging her to get back into the house. Then she says she’s married to Bora and then Sahnur drops on the floor. Her wailing is interesting might be dissected later as there are few wailing scenes.
- She says about Nazan, where is she?
- She asks Savas what’s going on ? What’s happening?
- She tells Hasib (her dead husband) to look what happened to his family. Nazan is gone. She wails again what’s happening to your family.
- She asks Nazan why she embraced them.
- She wishes she was dead and not able to witness what is happening.
- She wishes death on Nazan and says it would have been best for death to take her and not Kemal. (Fidan is then the voice of reason and tells her to listen to what she’s saying about her daughter).

As Savas and Esref are on the way to look for Nazan, Yasemin calls Savas. She asks him lovingly and concerned how he’s doing? He says to her that Nazan has left, notice when he calls her Darling/Sweetheart – Sevgilim, Esref turns to Savas as if in shock, it’s like he can’t believe his ears, his Agah is in love with someone else, and calls her so. We see the worry in Yasemin’s face, as she feels that she’s caused this anguish to their family for telling on Bora and Nazan.

Conversation with the Lawyers to Annul Nazan’s Marriage.
This is a preclude to what Savas is supposed to go through with Cicek, to divorce her.
But before that Sava, calls Yasemin in the morning and they are both happy to hear each other. Omer is happy that it’s his dad on the phone so he stops to cry. Savas assures Yasemin that he’s fine and that he gets his strength from her.

At the office the lawyers tell Savas that they can’t annul the marriage because Nazan is Compos Mentis – this means that she has full control of her mind, and able to think clearly about issues, thus responsible for her actions. And also, they are both single, therefore their marriage is admissible, there are is nothing wrong with the marriage by law. Savas insists that they have to do something cause the marriage cannot stay, and they say the only exception is to use Nazan’s mental ability against her. And Savas rejects that Idea.

Yasemin is thinking about Savas, at 30:00 minute, Savas calls her and tells her that he needs her, he feels depressed with all that’s happening around him, and that he needs to see her to feel better. We’re then immediately shown the scene of Cicek, tapping the phone on her hand, she’s clearly waiting on Savas to call, but he aint doing that. He has called Yasemin instead to make him feel good, in fact he doesn’t think of Cicek one bit. At the moment the worries at home and the care he receives from Yasemin are all that he thinks about.

Min 50:36, Pala is telling Savas that he shouldn’t have left the funeral that early, as everyone was angry with him. Savas gets angry and tells him that he does not care about that, you can tell that he hasn’t because he has not even contacted Cicek since. He completely has moved on even though he hasn’t. He then highlights the fact that he can’t live anymore without his son, who is growing up without him, and the love of his live, his son’s mother and his wife for real, living in fear for her life. He is then resolved at this point to make it right. He says that he will talk to Cicek and end it there and then. Sort the situation by divorcing her and giving her back her freedom. Making it easy for everybody. He then warns his uncle, telling him not to say anything because he will go on with the divorce.
I like the moment where Savas tells his uncle that he’s going away and he knows where to and he also says that he’ll take care of everything. I don’t like how they translate what Savas says here, I don’t believe that they mean to say that he’s ‘Bored’, maybe he’s frustrated with the current situation and that he needs alone time with Yasemin (Mostly) and Omer (Okay both of them equally, cause they do spend time with him too).

I will move on to Their HOME from timeline 57:10
They are embracing each other, warmly then Savas gives a light kiss on Yasemin’s forehead and brings her even closer and says to her.
POEM
You are my happiness Yasemin
You are my Love – she responds

Savas in that moment turns Yasemin to face him directly and then holds her closer,
She’s gazing into his eyes, he’s gazing at her and smiling,
Their eyes don’t go away from each other, they are both smiling albeit reservedly,
They both know what is in their hearts but are also worried for each other.
He holds her even close and then kisses her and she’s embracing him.
They are both in each other’s arms enjoying the moment.

CONVERSATION IN BED: :love:

The bedroom has very minimal furniture. Just the essentials really. It is spacious and with big windows that let in light, during the day. This openness in the room lets us know that we are let in into their lives, they are both open to each other, the bed is the central focus in the room, thus we focus on the two of them. There are no destructions, there are two bedside tables with lamps on either side. The only lighting in the room. The lights and their beddings are white, telling us of the purity in their love, they are at a place where they have nothing to hide from each other. They have both shared all their secrets with each other, hence it is a moment where Yasemin and Savas, invite us to witness their love and relationship in a very intimate way. We are able to see the way they respond to each other emotionally. We know that they have been very loving towards each other but this time they share more of what we have known about their relationship. We see the playful nature they relate to each other and the support they give each other. They are both an extension of the other.

Savas then tells Yasemin, that he wants them to live in their house together, and she’s like really. Yasemin the palm of her left hand on Sava’s chest, symbolizing that her heart is his, they are both looking into each other’s eyes. Savas is then stroking Yasemin’s hair and searching deep into her eyes as he tells her, isn’t this their home and should they not live in it. Yasemin is smiling and warming to the idea, as she reciprocates with looking at him, while he gently touches her ear. They are both looking at each other with deep affection and smiling, then she leans on him and they embrace, Savas gives a light kiss on her temple and the music starts, then we are given a glimpse of how they spend the rest of their time together at the house.
I like the playful nature of the morning after, when Yasemin comes into the bedroom, her hair dripping wet and playfully wakes Savas up by the droplets from her hair. He smiles back and grabs her and pulls her back into bed with him. They are not afraid of showing and acting their feelings to each other. Note – Savas looks so innocent while sleeping.
This episode cements their affection and love for each other. It is that step that you take that then makes it very difficult to let go.

I also like the fact that Omer was with them at the house maybe for the last 2 days or so I think, cause I checked the outfits Yasemin had on and made the estimation of about a third of the time that they spent at their house they had their son with them. The last night together, they show us their hands clutching at each other and to me it shows the intensity of their love for each other but the way in which they aim to please and satisfy each other, in a sense they are in sync with each other going back to the previous narrative of them being like two peas in a pod. They know each other well and want to make the other happy.

We see in the morning Savas, is gazing out the window, and we can’t help but see that he’s absorbed in his thoughts about them and what they have together, but the reality that they will have to leave each other. Leave this happy place, where they have already cemented memories about their future lives together. He is in deep thought, probably picturing how he will tackle their issues in order to make it possible for them to get back to the house and live together. He’s probably worried about disappointing Yasemin and Omer. The camera pans out and then the music ends abruptly. We see that they are both at the end of the shot, not together as they have been throughout this period together. There is space between then, a premonition of what is to come. They are to be separated, Savas is already experiencing difficulties, as he is troubled with what they have to deal with. Which is a stark contrast to Yasemin. She’s peacefully sleeping without a care in the world. In her mind, the only thing going to happen next is that they are going to be moving into their house. In her sleep she is content, nothing is going to destroy this happy place that she finds herself in. Sava, Omer and she will soon live together as a family in the house he’s bought for them and that’s all she can wait for.

Then we have them seated together outside, Yasemin states that it’s for the first time that they have spent 5 days together consecutively, then she also acknowledges that they need to get back to reality, which is what Savas has already thought about earlier while he was staring out the window. As he has already processed this, Savas also agrees with Yasemin, and he says that he also needs to get back home. I like that Savas, tells her his anxiety, that he does not know which is better, being with her all the time, or missing her and then coming together again. It is one in which both are equally painful. Yasemin, looks into his eyes, and reassures him that all they have to go through had different aspects, sometimes it’s cruel , other times magical and exciting but all of them worth living. Which is both powerful and thoughtful and tells us that Yasemin knows that they have a long road to tread together and there are difficulties ahead, she also reassures him that she’s with him all the way. She makes it known to him, that everything they share is precious to her, Savas then leans down and kisses her hand which he has been holding the whole time. Savas thanks Yasemin, and says to her that she is his love, and also thanks her for Omer, so sweet, they look at each other and it’s so lovely.

I’m glad that Savas got his revenge with Mehmet, he gave him a good beating… LOL.

Cicek coming back home as a woman scorned is painful and difficult to watch :dev2:, knowing that she’s selfish and cares about herself. She doesn’t get the big picture and I will not indulge in her either. I might add something here and there but not now.

1:18:55 – This phone conversation was great. Savas call Yasemin, Darling and lets her know that Mehmet is out of the picture now. By the way I love Yasemin’s hair, and she’s dressed well as usual, in a black blazer/coat and white blouse with black beaded necklace. She answers the phone with a bright smile, she’s so happy that he’s called, and she’s glad for the news, even telling him, that he should see her face right now. The romantic Savas, then asks her to describe to him what her face looks like, with a smile on his face and his eyes attentive wanting to hear her description.
Yasemin, immediately closes her eyes and imagines what she wants to tell him, about her face. My eyes are closed, I’m relaxed. Then Savas chimes in, really so you’re relaxed like yesterday morning, him saying this, makes Yasemin immediately open her eyes, realizing that indeed, she was back to reality and what they had experienced, might be a long time coming. She then immediately tells Savas, I want to look at you every day like yesterday morning. The Camera pans to her eyes and we see that there’s a little bit of sadness in her eyes, but also seriousness in wanting them to be together. She adds that she wants to look at him while she’s lying in bed. Savas then says that if they continue with the conversation it will end badly, because the reality is that they are not able to be with each other that way yet.
Yasemin, then says okay I will hang up now, but she’s smiling which means that she’s going to hang in there for the ending that they both want.
Okay I said I wouldn’t talk about Cicek, but her outburst in her brother’s office need a small mention. She really has lost it. She does not reason clearly anymore, she’s very jealous and envious of the fact that Savas is in love with Yasemin. And she does not understand why her brother is working with her, to me it also shows her short sightedness, because it is plain for all to see that Yavuz has fallen for Yasemin, and he’s plotting something.

1:35:45
Yasemin, walks to open the door for Savas.
Sava’s eyes are alert and ready and looking at Yasemin quite seductively, it’s like he knows exactly what he’ll do once she opens the doors. Yasemin already know and responds by saying I have missed you so much. And they embrace each other passionately and then end up in their room upstairs. They are staring at each other, then Savas says that he’s hungry, and Yasemin replies that she wishes that they could go to the kitchen. How cheeky, it also shows us that Savas sees their relationship as equals, they do for each other.

Then they walk outside and Yasemin asks if Savas has changed his, car. He then says that he bought it for her, she turns to him in amazement and he says to her, enjoy it darling. She then says to him not to make fun of her, and then hands her the keys, which she then takes. Since she’s still out of words, Savas says to her, you’re welcome. It is a lovely family car, a mid-size SUV, probably an X3. Savas gives her a peck on the cheek, and Yasemin playfully responds by saying thank you Agah, and he then tells her to drive and enjoy it later, it’s on him. She’s so happy !
They get home and it’s all so rosy until the cops get there. And it’s the beginning of the storm and separation as was depicted in their last night in their house together. It also shows that there are some challenges coming that will test Yasemin. Her peaceful sleep is over, and now she can’t sleep anymore.

Vocabulary
Sometime – bazen
Kapali – closed
Kapat yorum – close comment

:peace:

NazAli

On the Ice
I need to visit SF... it's on a future trip, right after you guys have a new POTUS.:palmf:
Interesting link by the way. I might needs some tips, nearer the time.

NazAli

On the Ice
That's awesome, we might be getting more people to discuss our favorite show.
Great stuff !:luv17: