2018-2019 GP Assignments | Page 44 | Golden Skate

2018-2019 GP Assignments

moriel

Record Breaker
Or Gubanova, who I forgot about until just now. (And she's one of my faaaaaaaaaves.)

I would see the list going like:
1. If Samodurova does well at her first GP, she will likely get it because GPF chances.
2. Else, whoever is in best shape between Pogo and Gubanova
3. Maybe some entirely random skater just because

- - - Updated - - -

I see Konstantinova got two GP spots :////

It was expected =(
Such waste of GP spots. They could send Leonova instead.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Im guessing:
Ladies: Peltonen, Lindfors, Saarinen???
Men: Virtanen, Galay, Papp???
Pairs: 3 free spots for everybody!!!
Dance: Torn/Partanen, Turkilla/Versluis, 1 free spot.

A much weaker field that what a KOR event would have been but still congrats to FIN!

They only have Torn/Partanen listed and have one TBD spot for all four disciplines.

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
Friends, please educate me. I have been out of the FS loop since the Olympics ended. Why isn't China hosting one of the GP's this year? I was so confused when I heard Finland was hosting one instead.

I don't think anyone knows exactly why, they just announced they're out

Danny T

Medalist
Aaaah I can't choose between Gubanova and Pogo :sad46:

I want Kihira to get NHK though, sorry Yuna

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Denis Ten is in there.....man, he has the will to torture himself through yet another season? Must really love that sport, respect.

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
I am going to officially start grumping now about Kihira and one spot, and Matsuda and Yamashita and two spots :unsure::disapp:

Mayumi1990

Rinkside
I would see the list going like:
1. If Samodurova does well at her first GP, she will likely get it because GPF chances.
2. Else, whoever is in best shape between Pogo and Gubanova
3. Maybe some entirely random skater just because

- - - Updated - - -

It was expected =(
Such waste of GP spots. They could send Leonova instead.

Im a Leonova fan but there is no way a rational thinking will choose her over Konstantinova.

moriel

Record Breaker
Im a Leonova fan but there is no way a rational thinking will choose her over Konstantinova.

Konstantinova's score at Worlds, whopping 153 across two programs (Some top ladies score higher just for their FS), is rational enough.

Danny T

Medalist
Finland GP has really good skaters. Yuzu, Boyang, Misha for men. CaroK, Alina and Kaori for ladies. Sui/Han (!!) for pairs (ugh back-to-back GPs again - they winning though but hopefully no injuries :pray:)

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Man for the men, there are so many I thought were goners for sure. Majorov, Bychenko, Voronov, Brezina, Ten.....Javier should have done the GP as well.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I'm not sure which surprises me more, Canada inviting Medvedeva to SCI or Russia inviting Hanyu to CoR. Evidently they aren't quite as big on self-promotion as most, myself included, assume.

Danny T

Medalist
Man for the men, there are so many I thought were goners for sure. Majorov, Bychenko, Voronov, Brezina, Ten.....Javier should have done the GP as well.

Let the uncles and not-so-uncle rise!!

(wait, does D10 count as an uncle??)