2018-2019 GP Assignments | Page 54 | Golden Skate

2018-2019 GP Assignments

Merjan

On the Ice
Finland GP has really good skaters. Yuzu, Boyang, Misha for men. CaroK, Alina and Kaori for ladies. Sui/Han (!!) for pairs (ugh back-to-back GPs again - they winning though but hopefully no injuries :pray:)

I'm so happy.. I had no idea that Finland was planning to host a GP. And once again Yuzu will come here.

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
This has been such a great day :luv17: Gracie is coming back and Yuzuru is going to Finland! This is SO AMAZING!!! :love:

I would love for Gracie to win the GPF...

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
First time that Tutberidze has two skaters in a GP......and against a former student. We are getting fight sooner than i expected. Will be interesting to see if Rusfed want to support Panenkova and if she has improved artistically. If not, Medvedeva don't have to worry.

In Men some GP have little field. There is no suspense for Skate Canada. Kolyada-Hanyu will be an interesting battle in Finland and Russia.

Leppis

On the Ice
Hey does anyone know the status of Marchei/Hotarek? Have they announced retirement or why are they not invited to any of the GPs?

atsumiri

Record Breaker
If Eteri doesn't travel to SC (and I can't imagine Eteri is that immature) that's on her. Skaters and coaches split all the time. :shrug:
So are you really saying the entire world revolves around Evgenia?
If Eteri doesn't travel to SC ... it's just because of Evgenia? really?
How about the time she didn't travel to CoC17 with Alina? :sarcasm:

Henni147

Final Flight
ah. Thanks. In that case, I think it'll be 1. Hanyu 2. Uno 3. Chen (all winning both events) then 4. Kolyada 5. Jin 6. Zhou 1st alternate: Aliev
Keeping in mind what happend last year: Patrick messed up in Canada and withdrew from NHK, Javi messed up in China, Yuzu injured himself, Boyang dito, Nathan, Shoma, Kolyada and Jason stumbled, too...

Sure, the pre-Olympic madness played a key role in this crazy outcome, but GPF16 wasn't really convincing either...
So I don't want to predict anything this year, just pray for health, great quality and entertainment :pray::hap10:

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Now that Medvedeva went to Orser Eteri has become the key object for attacks of various types. The one here is plain ridiculuous. People accuse her for potential not going to SC.

Eteri seldom went to JGP and GP stages before. And the reason was never her unwillingness to meet someone there. I see that this time David or Sergei might go because next week will be the 2018-19 Zagitova's GP debut. Neither Caro nor Kaori is a big threat to clean Alina but she might still need Eteri's support. As far as I remember Eteri before focused on Medvedeva going with her to most of the competitions and skipping the traveling to support her other skaters. It is obvious that now this will be true with respect to her Olympic champion.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
I am late for the party, some thoughts after brief look at assignments:

- Gracie Gold is on the list - I am simply happy to see her wanting to skate and compete again, regardless if she will be ready or not;
- relieved that Kaliszek/Spodyriev got 2 assignments despite Worlds fiasco in FD;
- kind of surprised about Yuzuru's assignments - Kolyada shares same events like him, but wherever he'll go, the event will be a sold-out thing and a very exciting one:)
- Ice Dance polls looking...strange? It is very weird not to see WeaPo, Tessa/Scott and Shibutanis there. At the same time, lots of chances for younger teams to step up. I danced a happy inside dance about PSquared, there is a chance for GPF!
- SA and IdF in Ladies are looking BOMB!
- SC and Rostelecom in Men are looking probably the most interesting from all fields;
- sad to not see Valentina/Ondrej and Ksenia/Fedor on the list for pairs...

The question for today is - to became broke and go to Helsinki or not, still not sure;)

Grin

Medalist
Now that Medvedeva went to Orser Eteri has become the key object for attacks of various types. The one here is plain ridiculuous. People accuse her for potential not going to SC.

Eteri seldom went to JGP and GP stages before. And the reason was never her unwillingness to meet someone there. I see that this time David or Sergei might go because next week will be the 2018-19 Zagitova's GP debut. Neither Caro nor Kaori is a big threat to clean Alina but she might still need Eteri's support. As far as I remember Eteri before focused on Medvedeva going with her to most of the competitions and skipping the traveling to support her other skaters. It is obvious that now this will be true with respect to her Olympic champion.
Daniil?

yude

Record Breaker
My biggest surprise was Kevin Reynolds in NHK. We Japanese figure skating fans shared many farewell speeches on SNS to him in this winter, now he did this to us :laugh:

It's ok, Kevin, please come back to Japan whenever you want :biggrin: :agree:

mudav

Rinkside
What do you think, will skaters live in Helsinki in Scandic Park Hotel like the previous time during Worlds?)

IceCrystalChris

On the Ice
This thread has been very entertaining and exciting to follow the last few days! I can’t imagine what this place is like when the skaters are actually competing! As a new fan I’m looking forward to following the Grand Prix season for the first time! [emoji4]

moriel

Record Breaker

Or Eteri may just want to stay at home overseing Alina's training.
Or Eteri may go because Daria needs her.
Or Eteri may get a cold and chose to stay at home.

But no, ofc people will say she is avoiding Zhenya.

crazydreamer

On the Ice
Based on this list and last year's performances, I don't see any U.S. ladies medaling on the grand prix circuit, let alone making the final. But a lot can change in a season, so we'll see.