2018-2019 GP Assignments | Page 53 | Golden Skate

2018-2019 GP Assignments

LucyH

On the Ice
Mm? Medvedeva to SC was the obvious choice, we called this a long time ago. It is the most logical choice with Medvedeva training in Canada and Osmond skipping GPs.

Agreed. There is extra Canadian interest in Evgenia now that she is at TCC

sun110

Final Flight
OMG has this been mentioned? I just realized that both Olympics winners (lady's and men's) have the same GP assignment this season.:hap10: Hey maybe that's part of the reason that Helsinki agrees to host.:laugh:

OMG has this been mentioned? I just realized that both Olympics winners (lady's and men's) have the same GP assignment this season.:hap10: Hey maybe that's part of the reason that Helsinki agrees to host.:laugh:

Or they were assigned there to attract more interest to an ad hoc event.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
[SUP][/SUP]Nice....Nicole Rajicova got two spots and so too did Mariah Bell.

Sorry for that late reactions...I’m just catching up :laugh:

moriel

Record Breaker
Any chance Eteri doesn't travel to Canada with Daria and Elizbet to clash with Evgenia? I remember seeing a clip of Yulia after she left Eteri, I can't find it, but I think Yulia wanted nothing to do with Eteri and avoided her at all cost.

I am pretty sure that it is not Eteri's responsibility to not make company to her skater that may need support at her first senior GP just to make sure things are not awkward for Zhenya.

SamuraiKike

Medalist
Am I blind or is there literally no head to head between world medalists in Ice Dance this season? The field looks sooo empty especially compared to the ladies...

World medallists never face each other at the GP because they are seeded. You se more competitive fields in ladies because Medvedeva wasnt at Worlds and Zagitova didnt medal.

SamuraiKike

Medalist

They probably gave FIN the option to pick first as a thank you for saving the GP.

SamuraiKike

Medalist
How is it that Nicole Rajicova gets 2 spots almost every year? She’s never been top 10 at Worlds. Has she been top 12?

Sad that there isn’t a Medvedeva/Zagitova matchup but that was to be expected.

Rajicova is Top 24 in WS so she gets 1 mandatory event and then USA always picks her for a 2nd event because she trains there , she's actually american and cheap to invite.

TGee

Record Breaker
New rules are SO gonna spoil our predictions.
But I'm still astonished how confidently so many folks on GS are in making assertions about who will make it to the GPF.

My prediction is that 2-3 slots in every discipline will be a wild card result....

Lamente Ariane

Skating Skills -5, Fashion +3, Camp +4
Record Breaker
But I'm still astonished how confidently so many folks on GS are in making assertions about who will make it to the GPF.

My prediction is that 2-3 slots in every discipline will be a wild card result....

Agreed. It's foolish predicting based on last season's results (though admittedly that doesn't stop me making lists of contenders that I edit up until the events happen haha) you never know what may happen. But even going by 'conventional' wisdom it looks to me like every discipline will have at least one first-timer to the GPF, if not two or more.

LucyH

On the Ice
Skate Canada International handicapping:
Men: This is even more favourable to Shoma than SA is for Nathan. The real action is for second place (Keegan, Kazuki and Jason would all seem to be strong candidates).
Ladies: Battle royale! Evgenia should win this, assuming she's healthy, but the podium as a whole has innumerable possible configurations based on the attendees.
Pairs: I guess James and Cipres are the de facto frontrunners, though their competition record is not so formidable as to rule out a few others winning.
Dance: Hubbell and Donohue would go in as the favourites, Gilles and Poirier should be good for second place as long as they don't mess up. Fingers crossed for Soucisse and Firus to have a good showing.

Yes unless Shoma falls multiple times or gets UR calls on a lot of jumps, SCI is pretty much a guaranteed victory for him. The ladies field is STACKED. I really want Evgenia to come out and kill it and win Gold. And i want Gabby to medal and Wakaba too :)

IndiaP12

iliabot wakabot gumennikbot team korea stan
Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
All you lucky people going to watch competitions don’t know how LUCKY you are!!! I’m miles away in NZ and I am 15 so it’s out of the question [emoji24] off topic ish, I also really want elizabet to medal at a GP last year she came so close to

shirleyc89

Rinkside
I leave the internet for one day and end up missing the biggest announcement of the off season lol :palmf:

I don't think it really hit me how many skaters are retiring/taking the season off until the assignments were announced... Patrick, Javi, Misha, Yan Han, Max, Grant, Adam, Ashley, Mirai, Kaetlyn, Tessa/Scott, Maia/Alex... gonna miss seeing them, but excited for all the young skaters who got their first GP assignments! :)

friedbanana

End Turandot!
Final Flight
Ice dance is gonna be fun! I'm particularly interested to see how all the USA teams stack up :hap10: