2018-19 Coaching Changes | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Coaching Changes

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I did. If he can dump his partners so easily, after every season, why should you think he has any attachment/loyalties to his coaches?

I think you are a little confused. :scratch3: Alexei K. is a men’s *singles* skater, representing the US. This coaching change is a surprise to me as well, as I did not know of any conflict with the Cains before the announcement of this switch.

I believe you may be thinking of Evgeni Krasnopolski <sp?> a pairs skater for Israel. Who indeed changes partners the way he changes socks. But appears to be staying with his coaches:biggrin:

hanca

Record Breaker
I think you are a little confused. :scratch3: Alexei K. is a men’s *singles* skater, representing the US. This coaching change is a surprise to me as well, as I did not know of any conflict with the Cains before the announcement of this switch.

I believe you may be thinking of Evgeni Krasnopolski <sp?> a pairs skater for Israel. Who indeed changes partners the way he changes socks. But appears to be staying with his coaches:biggrin:

Ups, sorry, yes I did mistake him with Krasnopolski. Sorry! They do share about a half of their surnames.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Returning to Chock/Bates moving to Marie-France/Patrice/Romain ... since it was confirmed, not just rumored, that they have made that change. I think that one of Marie-France's gifts is to be able to bring out a strength or talent, and really exploit it in a way that it hasn't been exploited before. I think Madison Chock's fiery performance qualities and "It" Factor are things that Marie-France will highlight and use well.

Chock and also Kaitlyn Hawayak are often compared to their respective partners in skating skills, and not in a good way. I think Marie-France will be good for Kaitlyn's and Maddie's confidence in this respect. I think Marie will have good ideas about how to empower both women! These are coaching changes I'm really looking forward to seeing the effects of.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Where are his new coaches located? I know he used to live in Texas, right?

Alexei’s new coaches are also in Dallas. They represent the same FSC as his old coaches, but I understand that they work out of a different rink.

Making the move more of a :scratch3: for me. well, the upcoming season will tell the tale :)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Wow...everyone is moving to Montreal...4everchan and other local fans must be so happy ;)

well he is a cutie so why not ;) she's not bad herself too

LOL at one bus every 30 minutes... only on very useless routes... like the ones from their place to gadbois maybe??? LOL.. the most I wait is like 3 minutes

gosh i watched the whole thing... LOL... and they are very sweet... never heard of them before.. i guess i will be following them...

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
good... :) we may have a chance to see them progress longer and further then

Although they do have some domestic competition from Kaliszek/Spodyriev, who are also a very enjoyable Polish team. Plutowska/Flemin did get a chance to compete in Euros this past season since K/S finished 8th at 2017 Euros.

pearly

Record Breaker
Isn't that the couple who streamed Finlandia for us? He was active on this board too.