2018-19 Coaching Changes | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Coaching Changes

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Although they do have some domestic competition from Kaliszek/Spodyriev, who are also a very enjoyable Polish team. Plutowska/Flemin did get a chance to compete in Euros this past season since K/S finished 8th at 2017 Euros.

Kaliszek & Spodyriev are doing well enough to earn Plutowska & Flemin a spot at Euros and have the potential to do so at Worlds in the future. Though that will be tougher. It's not out of the cards. P&F need to improve, though, if they want to make the most of that opportunity should it arise.

pearly

Record Breaker
You can hear some music playing on the ice during their warm up in the video. I wonder if that's someone's program. It sounds familiar, but I can't remember what it is.

Lester

Piper and Paul are made of magic dust and unicorns
Final Flight
Returning to Chock/Bates moving to Marie-France/Patrice/Romain ... since it was confirmed, not just rumored, that they have made that change. I think that one of Marie-France's gifts is to be able to bring out a strength or talent, and really exploit it in a way that it hasn't been exploited before. I think Madison Chock's fiery performance qualities and "It" Factor are things that Marie-France will highlight and use well.

Chock and also Kaitlyn Hawayak are often compared to their respective partners in skating skills, and not in a good way. I think Marie-France will be good for Kaitlyn's and Maddie's confidence in this respect. I think Marie will have good ideas about how to empower both women! These are coaching changes I'm really looking forward to seeing the effects of.

You know, I really wish Marie-France's gift was that, bringing out something unique. Unfortunately it isn't and every team looks the same. The only thing which Gadbois does better than everyone else is skating skills, and that's super important and the foundation for everything but still not the complete package. Maybe people should consider working with outside choreographers to stand out from the whole pack.

oly2018

Final Flight
I agree. I know a lot of people on the board love the Gadbois style, but it does feel one note. I really don't know what they will be able to do with skaters who are older and have ingrained habits. C/B are not V/M. They have slid in world standing and have not been able to really stabilize that. V/M never had that issue to deal with. I genuinely think in a place that crowded, C/B will actually fall below H/B in pecking order. They are a team with similar issues, but H/B haven't had that much international exposure and can still be molded.

Alegria

On the Ice
Country
Ukraine
Alexandra Nazarova & Maxim Nikitin left Igor Shpilband.
Almost everyone left Shpilband this season :eek:

icedinn

wishing ksenia/kirill happiness 4ever
On the Ice
Alexandra Nazarova & Maxim Nikitin left Igor Shpilband.
Almost everyone left Shpilband this season :eek:

Honestly, I'm glad. They were too good for what he was giving them. I wonder who they'll go to.

Alegria

On the Ice
Country
Ukraine
Honestly, I'm glad. They were too good for what he was giving them. I wonder who they'll go to.
They are planning to train with Fabian in France. Now they are in Ukraine and Fabian will come to Ukraine in august to help them with training.

chameleon

On the Ice
They couldn't afford to train in America anymore, so they're back with their childhood coach in Ukraine for now, with Fabian assisting, and they still talk to Igor on the phone.

icedinn

wishing ksenia/kirill happiness 4ever
On the Ice
Thanks for the info guys. I like Nazarova and Nikitin a lot and I really want them to have a breakthrough.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
I think Nazarova & Nikitin are pretty clearly a Bourzat team. They worked with Zhulin before. Their style is quirky. Bourzat trained under Zhulin also & was working with N&N under Shpilband. I'm glad they will continue working with Fabian. I was worried about them when Fabian was reported to be headed back to France.