2018 Asian Open Entries | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2018 Asian Open Entries

Sjs5572

Final Flight
Well, it seems that 3F was indeed the required solo jump....possibly because it's advanced novice. Alysa us in first place after short!

Plumededragon

Medalist
As a reminder: no 3A in SP for both Novice and Junior.
And the combo for Novice is max 3-2, no 3-3 allowed.
This hasn’t changed for a while.

The ranking is what I expected. :) I want Sara to win, but Alysa is technically more solid. Looking forward to the free (with, hopefully, a better livestream).

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just out of curiosity, how hard is it to have a YouTube or FB Live stream? :slink:

Having access to stable WiFi is usually the main issue. Other than that a simple iPad with Internet access on a stand is really all that’s needed for a small broadcast. Unless the organizers have a good technical sense which isn’t likely they’d have to hire in someone to do it for them.

We have several youth hockey organizations who do YouTube and Periscope for travel games and in return offer it to visiting teams. The parents take turns running the stream but I’ve rarely seen over 500 ppl tune in. Most streams are capped and if you go over a certain number I believe it starts to crash because it’s using too much bandwidth.

I’ve never actually run a stream...I always capture video and edit and release the highlights myself but that usually takes a few hours or even days in some instances 🤓

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
The competition is going on with Basic Nv. Girls, the streaming (same link) is working much better now.

Plumededragon

Medalist
The competition is going on with Basic Nv. Girls, the streaming (same link) is working much better now.
It annoys me to no end that the stream doesn’t work on mobile. All I have a white html page with just the name of the competition and date...

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
It annoys me to no end that the stream doesn’t work on mobile. All I have a white html page with just the name of the competition and date...

I saw a twitter from Japan that the app 'Puffin' has been recommended to be downloaded and is working for the streaming...perhaps give it a try?

abbyblack

Rinkside
Does anyone know if some of the competition will be up on YouTube or Dailymotion? I can't watch it live right now :(

concorde

Medalist
The bigger question I have is what are those 0.5 point deductions we've been seeing?? How can you deduct half a point and for what?

I assume that is for falls.
In the US at Novice and below, falls are a only 0.5 straight deduction (as well as negative GOEs and drop in the PCS). I think at Juniors, falls get bumped to 1.0 straight deduction.