2018 Asian Open Entries | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2018 Asian Open Entries

Spinning

On the Ice
Having access to stable WiFi is usually the main issue. Other than that a simple iPad with Internet access on a stand is really all that’s needed for a small broadcast. Unless the organizers have a good technical sense which isn’t likely they’d have to hire in someone to do it for them.

We have several youth hockey organizations who do YouTube and Periscope for travel games and in return offer it to visiting teams. The parents take turns running the stream but I’ve rarely seen over 500 ppl tune in. Most streams are capped and if you go over a certain number I believe it starts to crash because it’s using too much bandwidth.

I’ve never actually run a stream...I always capture video and edit and release the highlights myself but that usually takes a few hours or even days in some instances 🤓

I'm trying to be sarcastic but fail....lol. Anyhow thx Sam for taking time answering (my brain not functions properly but 32 weeks pregnant is my excuses these days).

My family owns a Production House so I just want to know how people do things outside our circle. With tech savvy generations, it should be done better in many ways. Sport events in Phuket (where I live) have been live with far better quality even some difficult venues like boat racing. I remember watching some skating com live on YouTube with very good quality a few times.

Plumededragon

Medalist
I watched the Chinese Taipei Nationals a few days ago and the Youtube livestream+video quality was excellent (some camera shots raised eyebrows, but overall it was very clean). I wish all int’ competitions had similar quality.

I saw a twitter from Japan that the app 'Puffin' has been recommended to be downloaded and is working for the streaming...perhaps give it a try?
Indeed it seems to be the right app. :) Obviously the livestream is not up for now but it looks promising for watching the rest of the competition, thanks!

tsuyoboogie

"Dedicate your heart" & Slay like an Ackerman
Record Breaker
GO SHIIKA-CHAN!!! Get LOUD!

Edit: Been waiting two seasons to see this girl skate and...*sigh* this stream...

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
The streaming still doesn't work..I only got to the announcement of score for Rion and it was around 50.~ish.

Finally got the scores: Rion got 50.61 and Shiika 50.65, only 0.04 difference!

Walt FSHunter

Final Flight
Country
Ukraine
Well, it's just unbearable to watch this live stream. They should either repair it or stop it. It would be better to upload videos of the competition later.

Plumededragon

Medalist
Yup, stream is horrible. A pity they have no way of having it workable. I want to watch Sara, Alysa and Sota. :(

cali1079

Rinkside
is anybody planning on uploading videos? This stream is making me cross(understatement of the year)