Victoria Sinitsina & Nikita Katsalapov | Page 49 | Golden Skate

Victoria Sinitsina & Nikita Katsalapov

bramweld

Record Breaker
S/K never go to early competitions, they always make a late start to the season.

But they could do Finlandia, right? I think with all the rule changes and his recovery from injury, Nebelhorn would be pushing it. Look at what happened in Minsk?

Mattieu

Medalist
But they could do Finlandia, right? I think with all the rule changes and his recovery from injury, Nebelhorn would be pushing it. Look at what happened in Minsk?

Yes, and Minsk was the 7th Challenger, so hardly an early start yet they were still not ready.
Finlandia was the 6th Challenger, so no chance they'd have been ready for that.

gmyers

Record Breaker
It wasn’t mentioned here but Katsalapov was banned from the Pyeongchang Olympics! So that’s why no urgency to complete Russian nationals!

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
It wasn’t mentioned here but Katsalapov was banned from the Pyeongchang Olympics! So that’s why no urgency to complete Russian nationals!
Or you know......
He still has a nagging injury to deal with even before this ban [emoji52]
Plus I don't get your last statement. Even if he was banned, he would still have a shot to go to Milan (if he had skated better)

edit: to clarify my last statement

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
According to FSU, their FD will be to Air, Orchestral Suite No. 3 in D major by Bach and something else. Source was Pirouette magazine (German language).

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
They are on the list to compete at the 1st Cup of Russia (Sept 14-18th). Not sure if they will go but they are on the roster.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
New interview from Victoria: "In America I learned to stand up for myself"

Here's the original link: https://mrsport.ria.ru/interview/20180820/1140607181.html
Google translation -->link<-- (too long to copy and paste) ;)

Russian figure skater Victoria Sinitsina in her first solo, large and frank interview to RIA Novosti correspondent Anatoly Samokhvalov reveals all the psychology of them with Nikita Katsalapov of a dancing couple. Tears, passion, pain, blood and love in the history of a modest youngster, who grew into a predator with a bit of b^tchiness.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Wishing the first half of the FD had a lot more oomph to it. I think the music is the big issue too. If it was something more lighter and airier, it would fit a lot better.

Lana05

Final Flight
So they won.
But I actually don't understand why so many skaters do Cups of Russia insted of international competitions. They are automatically qualified to RN by having senior GP