Ksenia Stolbova & Fedor Klimov | Page 84 | Golden Skate

Ksenia Stolbova & Fedor Klimov

hanca

Record Breaker
Come on, guys, he only retired, he didn’t die. In a few year’s time we are going to see him sitting in K&C at the Europeans with some young skaters and we will be joking how the retirement doesn’t help his waistline. :)

LadyB

Record Breaker
Whether it was for injuries or because he couldn't find anyone adequate to skate with... Well, people have retired and came back. The thought not to see him skate ever again makes me sad, but, let's face it, the main thing for me is to see him at all. And all the brilliant skaters that became coaches are just as often on telly as the athletes themselves. Orser and Lambiel fans have a lifetime of fun, Fedya fans hopefully too. :luv17: Best of luck to him!

On another note, Ksenia is cracking on with Novoselov and I'm very glad she does. Fingers crossed.

hanca

Record Breaker
That means "She'll compete in a team with Novoselov". :)

I think we can say that she will skate with Novoselov, but whether they will compete, that’s another matter. For them to be able to compete, the French federation has to release him first and in the last they were not that great with releasing their skaters.

LadyB

Record Breaker
I think we can say that she will skate with Novoselov, but whether they will compete, that’s another matter. For them to be able to compete, the French federation has to release him first and in the last they were not that great with releasing their skaters.

Well, she'll skate with him to compete, I would have thought. As for the release, yeah, the French made a song and dance about Bruno, but he is French. Andrei is Russian. Let's hope that speeds things up a bit. I think the Nationality issue is only relevant for Olympics. At least it was in Bruno's and Kirill Khaliavin's case respectively. Fingers crossed :agree:

hanca

Record Breaker
Well, she'll skate with him to compete, I would have thought. As for the release, yeah, the French made a song and dance about Bruno, but he is French. Andrei is Russian. Let's hope that speeds things up a bit. I think the Nationality issue is only relevant for Olympics. At least it was in Bruno's and Kirill Khaliavin's case respectively. Fingers crossed :agree:

Zahorski is British and yet it took her 4 years to get released from France.

And the nationality issue is a separate matter. It has nothing to do whether they will release him or not. Even though Novoselov is Russian, French skating federation can keep him as long as they want to, and while he is not released, he can’t compete for any other country. (In fact, I am not sure why you are talking about nationality because that’s not what would prevent Novoselov compete for Russia, even at Olympics. He is Russian.)

madforskating

On the Ice
Come on, guys, he only retired, he didn’t die. In a few year’s time we are going to see him sitting in K&C at the Europeans with some young skaters and we will be joking how the retirement doesn’t help his waistline. :)

Agree, but I have a feeling he'll still be hot in a couple years :D

gordana

On the Ice
Country
Russia
Do we know who is coaching in Novogorsk?

Novogorsk is a base for training camps for different Russian sports. It is not a particular skating club. Before the test skates all Russian national team skaters have been to Novogorsk for training camp with their individual coaches.

And it was Nikolai Morozov who was with Ksenia and Andrei.

madforskating

On the Ice
How intriguing! Good question...

On top of that, a very long and detailed interview with Ksenia:

Since I don't know any of them personally (sadly...), I'll reserve judgement and I don't want to take sides. See what you make of it:

https://rsport.ria.ru/figure_skating/20180911/1141664497.html

OMG this interview is everything!
My heart broke several times reading it. She's always so honest and open about things, and she has such a powerful way of delivering a point. I wish the split had been a little tidier, but it's done and over and I hope someday everything will be forgiven.

The part about the Olympic ban almost made me cry. "I didn't want them to change their minds, I wanted the truth." Honestly I felt the same way when the news came out.

hanca

Record Breaker
I wasn't going to post about the split and all as not to get too emotional... but I decided to drop by to say that the release question may actually be resolved. Abachkina/Drozd in ice dance are another french/russian newly formed couple so an exchange could be made. The harder part is who will skate for what country. I would expect for Russia to want to keep Ksu more but... :confused: Also all four of them are Russian so the couple that ends up skating for France would have troubles with nationality for the Olympics (and yeah I know that last bit is very hypothetical and far off into the future but at least the exchange between the two feds seems reasonable).

Exchange could be made in THEORY. Didier is greedy and why should he want to lose one gain one, when he may want to have both a pair and a dance couple?

LadyB

Record Breaker
Just a thought, guys. Shall we have this discussion in the ‘Stolbova/Klimov split’ thread? As the release issue only affects Ksu as a direct result of choosing Andrei...nothing to do with Fedya. Cheers!

madforskating

On the Ice
I wasn't going to post about the split and all as not to get too emotional... but I decided to drop by to say that the release question may actually be resolved. Abachkina/Drozd in ice dance are another french/russian newly formed couple so an exchange could be made. The harder part is who will skate for what country. I would expect for Russia to want to keep Ksu more but... :confused: Also all four of them are Russian so the couple that ends up skating for France would have troubles with nationality for the Olympics (and yeah I know that last bit is very hypothetical and far off into the future but at least the exchange between the two feds seems reasonable).

Yes, I heard some people referring to this already! I really hope they can make a good exchange. If they need bargaining material, I’d sell my soul for Ksu any day!

madforskating

On the Ice
Just a thought, guys. Shall we have this discussion in the ‘Stolbova/Klimov split’ thread? As the release issue only affects Ksu as a direct result of choosing Andrei...nothing to do with Fedya. Cheers!

Oh yes of course! Sorry about that, LadyB!

lucyagogo

On the Ice
Just came to say bye to this thread. It was really fun and exciting while it lasted maybe we can keep it as a remembrance of the wonderful couple they were once and their wonderful, intricate, and innovative programs. I'm sure this couple has left a big impact on the pairs discipline and it will resonate on how future teams approach choreography and training. I will just like to add that there's no one that gets close to the elegance that Ksu and Fedya had, it was truly magical and I'll always be grateful for watching them in their competitive years and being able to share it with all of you. On the other hand I do wsh both of them the best of luck in their future endeavors. I know Fedya will make a great coach, and he can teach "his" incredible and clean basic skating skills to younger boys (which I believe will make a huge difference in the future) and I really wish things work out for Ksu and her new partner or whatever she choses to do, she was a rare gem in pairs and will always be remembered for that. Well, hope you all are doing great, gonna miss chatting with you all about these two, still gonna be around for other skaters and teams, you know me. Love you all.

LadyB

Record Breaker
Just came to say bye to this thread. It was really fun and exciting while it lasted maybe we can keep it as a remembrance of the wonderful couple they were once and their wonderful, intricate, and innovative programs. I'm sure this couple has left a big impact on the pairs discipline and it will resonate on how future teams approach choreography and training. I will just like to add that there's no one that gets close to the elegance that Ksu and Fedya had, it was truly magical and I'll always be grateful for watching them in their competitive years and being able to share it with all of you. On the other hand I do wsh both of them the best of luck in their future endeavors. I know Fedya will make a great coach, and he can teach "his" incredible and clean basic skating skills to younger boys (which I believe will make a huge difference in the future) and I really wish things work out for Ksu and her new partner or whatever she choses to do, she was a rare gem in pairs and will always be remembered for that. Well, hope you all are doing great, gonna miss chatting with you all about these two, still gonna be around for other skaters and teams, you know me. Love you all.

Lovely words, lucy! As we keep on loving and supporting both of them, I'm sure (at least I hope) we'll have lots of opportunity to talk about them in the future. My heart sinks everytime I hear Carmen (and that is a lot this season), but I know we'll see them regularly and they'll give us something to talk about for a long time to come. :luv17: