Ksenia Stolbova & Fedor Klimov | Page 85 | Golden Skate

Ksenia Stolbova & Fedor Klimov

madforskating

On the Ice
Just came to say bye to this thread. It was really fun and exciting while it lasted maybe we can keep it as a remembrance of the wonderful couple they were once and their wonderful, intricate, and innovative programs. I'm sure this couple has left a big impact on the pairs discipline and it will resonate on how future teams approach choreography and training. I will just like to add that there's no one that gets close to the elegance that Ksu and Fedya had, it was truly magical and I'll always be grateful for watching them in their competitive years and being able to share it with all of you. On the other hand I do wsh both of them the best of luck in their future endeavors. I know Fedya will make a great coach, and he can teach "his" incredible and clean basic skating skills to younger boys (which I believe will make a huge difference in the future) and I really wish things work out for Ksu and her new partner or whatever she choses to do, she was a rare gem in pairs and will always be remembered for that. Well, hope you all are doing great, gonna miss chatting with you all about these two, still gonna be around for other skaters and teams, you know me. Love you all.

Beautiful words!!! It’s been so much fun chatting with you too; we can keep cheering on our other favorites together (go WeaPo!). The split breaks my heart, but I think they are both doing what is best for them, and I’ll support them no matter what.

Of course, we can keep talking about our favorite Ksenia and Fedor programs and moments! I even have an entire fan page on Instagram for them (I think you already follow it). I’m always open to chat about them; they had a magic like no other pair, and I will always remember they were the couple that made me fall in love with pair skating.

madforskating

On the Ice
Lovely words, lucy! As we keep on loving and supporting both of them, I'm sure (at least I hope) we'll have lots of opportunity to talk about them in the future. My heart sinks everytime I hear Carmen (and that is a lot this season), but I know we'll see them regularly and they'll give us something to talk about for a long time to come. :luv17:

Agree. I admit when I was watching Zagitova’s Carmen which uses the same music cut at the end, I thought “here’s where the epic throw jump is supposed to happen!”. For me, S/K’s program will always be my favorite Carmen.

On that topic, can I take a minute to talk about how much I loved their throw jumps at the end of the program? It always set them apart from pairs who put all the jumps in the beginning, and she always landed them like a goddess. You don’t see many pairs who dare to put the throw at the end (although Savchenko/Szolkowy used to do it years ago), but that was always S/K, doing something a little extra.

Rosallie

On the Ice
Hi everyone,
I just want to ask... Does anybody also so much miss Ksenia? :( Can't stop watching GPF 2015 FP :luv17: ... Any news about her or Andrei???

Miriam090

Rinkside
Hi everyone,
I just want to ask... Does anybody also so much miss Ksenia? :( Can't stop watching GPF 2015 FP :luv17: ... Any news about her or Andrei???

Yes! I was just watching that exact program last night (I may have watched it a few times) and I miss her just as much as Fedor - especially her incredible throw landings; they wow me every single time.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Hi everyone,

Yes, I'm still rewatching from time to time. And I miss her a lot this season :( S/K had such a great SS and lines, exquisite. I can watch them for hours. :love:

madforskating

On the Ice
Hi everyone,

Girl, you’re speaking my language! I miss Ksenia (and Fedor) more than anyone this season! They were magical together and sometimes I just binge-watch all their programs even though I’ve already seen them so many times. If you ever want to reminisce about them, I’m always here!

Haven’t heard any news on her or Andrei. She got a new Instagram because her old one was hacked :( poor girl can’t catch a break.

LadyB

Record Breaker
Honestly, do you think we are gonna see Ksenia&Andrei this season?? I know that internationally definitely not, I mean some domestic competition or just some exhibition... On this page https://www.ifsmagazine.com/2018-russian-test-skates-review/ there is written they hoped to compete at nationals... HOPE EVERYTHING IS OK :(

There are clear rules how you qualify for Nats. They would have had to compete in the Cup of Russia, which they didn’t. Don’t think they had enough time to get two programmes together. Hopefully, it all works out and we’ll see them next season.
Same goes for Fedor’s young team Akopova/Shagalov. They’ve only been partnered recently and only had an SP at the CoR. Hope we’ll see more of them, and of course Fedor, next season. Can’ wait!

Rosallie

On the Ice
There are clear rules how you qualify for Nats. They would have had to compete in the Cup of Russia, which they didn’t. Don’t think they had enough time to get two programmes together. Hopefully, it all works out and we’ll see them next season.
Same goes for Fedor’s young team Akopova/Shagalov. They’ve only been partnered recently and only had an SP at the CoR. Hope we’ll see more of them, and of course Fedor, next season. Can’ wait!

I know, I'm just so impatient :laugh: Just so much miss Ksenia and her "skating skills" :(

LadyB

Record Breaker
I know, I'm just so impatient :laugh: Just so much miss Ksenia and her "skating skills" :(

Definitely.
Although I really wish for her that her career continues as successful as she deserves it, it will tear my heart out when I see her with somebody else. They'll have to reinvent a different style. Nobody can replace what Ksu & Fedya had, their skating, their dancing, even the acting they brought to their performances. The way they looked together, their presence on the ice, the sheer passion and sex appeal... :sad21:

Rosallie

On the Ice
Definitely.
Although I really wish for her that her career continues as successful as she deserves it, it will tear my heart out when I see her with somebody else. They'll have to reinvent a different style. Nobody can replace what Ksu & Fedya had, their skating, their dancing, even the acting they brought to their performances. The way they looked together, their presence on the ice, the sheer passion and sex appeal... :sad21:

That's true :(