2018 Finlandia Trophy Mens Free Skate | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2018 Finlandia Trophy Mens Free Skate

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Nicolas Nadeau (CAN)

Ooo, Enjoy the Silence from Depeche Mode. :D

Beautiful 3A+3T with strong flow-out on the 3A. Long setup for the 4T attempt, but a fall and double-footed, possibly <. Great 3Lo followed by a good and centered camel spin. Good edgework, start and stops throughout the footwork. Rough popped 2A<< on attempted 3A. Good 3Lo+2T with nice flow. Good steps going into the 3F. Fine 3S as well. Solid center on the second spin. Great energy through the choreo sequence. Interesting back entry into the final spin.

Well, Nicolas definitely has the charisma to sell this program and you can tell he chose this music because he likes it and likes performing it. Very tentative going into the 4T and a botched 3A attempt but strong triples overall, squarely over the skate. A little more speed across the ice might help him on skating skills. Still, his interpretative and choreography are fantastic.

Score: 227.76 Total, 148.59 Free Skate, 68.01 TES, 81.58 PCS, -1 Deduction

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Oh, Dmitri, you sadden me so... You have such gorgeous lines and great musicality, why do you have to either fall or pop those quads...

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Is he having problems with his 3A or something? I'm just glad he remember he remembered to put one in.

EDITED CAUSE I CAN'T READ RESULTS. :p

Last edited:

Danny T

Medalist
Dima says it's movie night, free popcorn for everyone! :drama:

The program is kind of nice. Really works to show off his edging and skating skills (and boy do they show), but there was not really a climax, and at some parts music's a bit muted. Plus, too much posing. I know, I know, he's Russian, but well :p

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
The heartbreak mode is on still.... Oh, Dima...

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Dmitri Aliev (RUS)

Nice, new costume. Smooth 3S to open, intended 4S tho. Popped 2T, intended 4T. Just not getting the right takeoffs today. Only a 3T, possibly a 4T attempt. Good 3F followed by a flying camel spin. Very long edges through the footwork sequence. Strong 3Lz+1Eu+3Lo, awkward Euler tho. 2A a bit wobbly on the landing. 3Lz+2T, a bit slow on the rotation of the 2T. A bit slow on the combo spin as well. Lovely reach throughout the choreo step. Illusion entry into a faster combo sit spin.

Just couldn't get his footing today. Lots of pops on the intended quads and not as secure on the triples as I normally see him. Otherwise, he's a strong skater with great speed and transitional edges, and he knows what to do with his arms to extend the phrasing of the music. Hope he has a better performance on the Grand Prix.

Score: 224.95 Total, 149.99 Free Skate, 62.31 TES, 83.28 PCS

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
I want the two last guys to skate clean :curse: Best bet on that is Junhwan I think.

Go both Junhwan and Mikhail!

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Is he having problems with his 3A or something? I'm just glad he remember he remembered to put one in.

Nic looks good for the podium -- Would this be his first senior international medal?

Moris is in first right now, Nic 2nd and Dmitri 3rd. So no medal for Nic if Jun and Mikhail skate well.