2018 Skate Canada Ladies Short Program | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2018 Skate Canada Ladies Short Program

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Poor Yura looked a bit alarmed with the dimming of the lights! If you weren't expecting it you'd think power failure I suppose.

OMG this group, I'm so excited!

Liza look ready to slaaaaay!

OOO! There IS fringe on Zhenya's dress and it's a very pretty blue, perhaps it is a thumbs up after all!

Orlov

Medalist
I can almost hear Ted Barton in my head. "Yura is such a strong skater. Strong jumps. Just needs to work on the spins. She'll get there."

real TAT's comment - "she didn’t spoil the competition, that’s good." :biggrin:

leoleo

Medalist
Wakaba is a beautiful butterfly with that dress! Mako's illusion mesh is really yellow

CellarDweller

Ice Time
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Now let's see what this second group does.

I like Mariah, but she's really inconsistent. You never know how her performance will turn out.

yude

Record Breaker
Yura's SP is choreographed by Akiko Suzuki, she must be watching the event right now ;)

LadyB

Record Breaker
Zhenya!!! Liza!!! Elizabet!!!! Preferably in that order, but I can handle slight variations. :hap10:

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Everyone's conscience sounds like Ted Barton.

I miss Ted, seriously.

No commentary at all is a little weird, but you don't want to have to listen to TAT or even SBS man - athough SBS doesn't seem to be streaming this GP, which is rude because there's Aussies in it.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
TAT's comment - "she didn’t spoil the competition, that’s good." :biggrin:

Oh my God. I'm definitely stealing that to throw shade at the next skater I don't like, but who skates relatively clean.

I love that. If I spoke Russian, I'd listen to her snarky commentary all day. LOL

Hyena

Tous les whiskys
Medalist
Just got home from work in time for the second group!

My initial very important observation: there are some very pretty dresses in this group.

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
Not a fan of Medvedeva’s dress. Far too dark, dour, joyless — more of the same. Doesn’t exude fun and jazz. She looks less in character now than in basic athletic gear.