2018 GP Helsinki Ladies Short Program | Page 24 | Golden Skate

2018 GP Helsinki Ladies Short Program

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
No Kaori, don't cry! It breaks my heart seeing these brave girls crying, they are amazing and tomorrow will be a better day for both Alina and Kaori!:pray:

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
I thought she had that. I wish she had gone for a double toe but I have to admire her for trying.

Poor thing- don't be sad Kaori! The freeskate has a lot of opportunity to move up.

frida80

Record Breaker
Sigh... she really wants to go the GPF. She just let the pressure get to her. Poor girl.

leoleo

Medalist
both my faves struggled! let me cry in the corner :( i was worried since she hit her head on the ice yesterday

Fluture

Record Breaker
She is so sad, someone help my heart, it‘s broken. I hope she can show a wonderful FS tomorrow!

Metis

Shepherdess of the Teal Deer
Record Breaker
oh god this singer

i forgot

everything else was so lovely i forgot about the singer

This is actually my favourite piece of music but it’s impossible to skate to in its pure form — there’s no rise and fall, no tension. And I love Kaori enough to deal with the vocals. They’re not as distracting as a Frankenstein cut or glass-smashing.

So, uh, I should have follows my own advice in the prediction thread by not putting Zagitova and Kaori first and second, but I legit couldn’t see anyone else overcoming them... oops.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Thank goodness I don't do GP predictions. But god, is Sakamoto Kaori okay???? Those were some hard falls, and I heard she had a concussion or something during practice.

andromache

Record Breaker
Even with an SP disaster and likely a big deficit to overcome in the free....it's definitely doable for Kaori in this field.

draqq

FigureSkatingPhenom
Record Breaker
Kaori Sakamoto (JPN)

Ouch, a hard fall on the opening 3F. Beautiful comeback with the 2A. Good positions and speed through the combo spin (Level 4). Smooth and clean footwork sequence, a bit better with her top line (Level 3). Ouch, another fall on the 3Lo+3T attempt, 3T looked <. A bit short on the flying spin (Level 3). Okay speed through the layback spin but good positions (Level 4).

Eek, a pair of harsh falls in the program. I love how she generates speed so easily and I'm glad she was able to stay focused. Very brave to go after the 3T at the end of the loop

Replay: Just caught an edge on the 3F. The 3T after the loop looks < to me.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
I am sad about Alina and Kaori. Hope they will skate clean in the free. Alina is still way above the others....but this a big chance for Konstantinova. Stasya, davai!!!!

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What a shame. I'd have loved to see Kaori finish ahead of Alina. She's capable, but nerves, probably. It just makes it more interesting if every comp isn't foregone.

I hope Kaori comes back in the long.

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
It would be quite a surprise to see Stanislava skating clean today when so many mistakes where made, Stanislava who isn't quite the consistency queen :biggrin: