2018 Rostelecom Cup Ladies Short Program | Page 23 | Golden Skate

2018 Rostelecom Cup Ladies Short Program

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
My lovely Alexia whom I have been following for years! So thrilled for her!

As for the rest apart from Alina and Sofia - just... Why?

Lota

Record Breaker
Couldn't watch the Ladies, just saw the results. Can't believe that overall the pairs performed best out of all the disciplines. The pairs :shocked: :eekn: :dbana:

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Couldn't watch the Ladies, just saw the results. Can't believe that overall the pairs performed best out of all the disciplines. The pairs :shocked: :eekn: :dbana:

Was thinking the same thing while watching the pairs, and now can confirm.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Lilbet looked too nervous today. Pity, I was rooting for her skating as she did on her CS competitions, but still there is a chance for a medal.

katymay

Medalist
I support Gracie and hope she has a successful comeback all the way to the next Olympics.

However, I agree with the other posters in saying this is not the best way to start a comeback.
I rather fault the USFSA for giving her a GP spot that is supposed to be given to the top level skaters.
At this current time Gracie is not a top level skater and this spot could have been given to another skater.

It's somewhat like in major league baseball when they send a player back to the minors after injury or a prolonged absence.
They get into competitive shape there and then they come back up to the majors.

I feel Gracie should have started in the B comps and come up through regionals and sectionals on her way back to being a top level skater.
That being said, I need to go back and read the rules for giving a skater a GP slot. Still, even if she was given this slot within the rules, I don't think she is in competitive shape for GP level of competition.

Yes, it took bravery and guts, but the reason it did, I believe, is because she is not ready yet for this level of competition.
I hope her current coaching situation is good enough to work her hard and get her where she needs to be for nationals.

We need to have test skates like Russia has before any GP's are assigned.

Ladybug89

On the Ice
Does anyone know how many points Sofia would need tmr (if she comes in second) to be ahead of kaori in the GPF race? (Quite a lot I suppose though)

I am in a conflict though.. I want them all to qualify... Sofia, Kaori and Zhenya... 😅🙈