Victoria Sinitsina & Nikita Katsalapov

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
New interview.

Nikita Katsalapov: "We did not set ourselves the goal of overtaking someone"

Victoria Sinitsina and Nikita Katsalapov created a sensation: they showed the best technical result in the free dance and were second in the total amount. And most importantly, they returned Russian dances on a pedestal, in which representatives of our country were not in the Grand Prix Finals since 2009.

At the end of the competition, Katsalapov shared his feelings with a special correspondent of RIA Novosti, Elena Vaytsekhovskaya.

Link: https://rsport.ria.ru/20181209/1547682406.html

Here, he addresses the lift issue and I don't think they will change it. They have a backup lift but wants to keep working on this one.

Plus, there are pretty pics of Victoria in her kokoshnik! :luv17:

ETA: GPF pictures https://vk.com/album-69205063_260997391

sunn1ly

On the Ice
Great interview!! It's interesting what will happen if Ilinykh/ Soloviev are going for a competing career. Sounds that Zhulin don't will coach them I think?!

Two divas on one rink will be too much (Lena and Nikita) :). He is saying that he will discuss the topic with Dima after this season. I think that if S/K are doing fine internationally Zhulin will not need another couple. As for reason he didn't want to train them in order not to waste his efforts in vain - Dima and Lena will be new couple the judges may decide that both Lena and Dima have already taken their medals with previous partners. I understand him - it took 4 years and lots of retirements in order S/K to qualify for the GP final (S/B for the first time, Z/G too) and to compete for medals , RU still with two places in worlds for Ice dance. Maybe its too much to have two top couples you have to use influence connections , but its worth trying, who knows what it may come out. I am just happy that Dima and Lena are considering the option to compete, its not like Russian ice dance does not need another top couple :) IF W/P, C/B and Shibs come back and are in good shape and judges still like them, then why not Russia to bring back some top skaters as well and whatever happens... they can always retire and go back to shows :)

LadyB

Record Breaker
I'd be excited to see what Dima and Lena can do. Hopefully, they'll give it ago.

1904sk8

On the Ice
Are Nikita and Vika together in real life? It looks like it from their instagrams but I have never seen it mentioned in any articles. I hope so, she seems to be really good for him and they work well together.

Eisfee

On the Ice
Are Nikita and Vika together in real life? It looks like it from their instagrams but I have never seen it mentioned in any articles. I hope so, she seems to be really good for him and they work well together.

Yes they are a couple in real life.

1904sk8

On the Ice
Has it ever been shared how/why the two of them got together. I just know that Nikita and his old partner split suddenly and he automatically teamed up with Vika. I am a complete supporter of them, just curious because it seemed rather random.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Has it ever been shared how/why the two of them got together. I just know that Nikita and his old partner split suddenly and he automatically teamed up with Vika. I am a complete supporter of them, just curious because it seemed rather random.
Probably started some time when they trained with Marina in Detroit

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Yep Id be happy if Lena & Dima got together on the ice as well but I dont want Zhulin to coach them.
But not b/c IK will train @ the same rink. They're clearly on much better terms now & get along well.
SI will need a coach who will treat them as a priority team. with Zhulin they'll clearly be the 2nd

pics from the draw

https://i.ibb.co/cJy8Bt0/JOmbrxys-YNE.jpg

https://pp.userapi.com/c846018/v846018710/15c8ba/cEpgs0apwmI.jpg

https://pp.userapi.com/c849536/v849536710/e0a6d/LGTBVxT4MAs.jpg

& this is absolutely breathtaking pic of Vicky :jaw::bow::bow:

https://scontent-iad3-1.cdninstagra...53_2234993103449293_2045092894213847447_n.jpg

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Their RD brought me to tears, haha. Brilliant!! The best they've skated so far, so much passion, so much dedication to this dance. I cannot put into words how much I loved it!

1904sk8

On the Ice
Their RD brought me to tears, haha. Brilliant!! The best they've skated so far, so much passion, so much dedication to this dance. I cannot put into words how much I loved it!

It was really amazing. Interested to see how it will stack up to P/C at euros.

NicolettaL

Final Flight
It was really amazing. Interested to see how it will stack up to P/C at euros.

If the rumours are true and we will have pro Zhulin panel at Euros they may actually have a real shot. Leaving out the politics congrats to them it was the best RD of the season and theirs is the best tango vise from all of the seniors.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Katsalapov: rhythm dance in the championship of Russia turned out to be one of the best of the season

Victoria Sinitsina and Nikita Katsalapov, leading after performing a rhythm dance at the Russian championship in Saransk, were pleased with their performance. About this told journalists after hire Katsalapov.
- Nikita Katsalapov (NK): We are pleased with today's rental, corrected the support, which gave failures. Got good levels for tango. One of the best rentals of the season, but we will continue to improve. The audience was very well supported. Saransk has changed, we were here for the last time eight years ago. Since then, much has changed for the better. Applause to the city and the organizers.

- How did you cope with acclimatization?
- NK: Not the easiest trip. The first two days were hellish. The first training was in a fog, in a dream, but I had to come to myself, spend the day and go to bed. It seemed to be impossible. In general, we are slowly moving away, but the consequences are still being felt.
- Victoria Sinitsina (VS): We are not the first time to fly from Canada. This is not the first experience, so accustomed.

- Is the number under which you speak important?
- NK: On the one hand, we can say that the last number matters. Especially if you skate well. But the main thing - in principle, go out and ride. And it does not matter under what number. We must do everything so as to remain in the memory of the judges.

- According to a technical assessment, you today bypassed Gabriela Papadakis and Guillaume Sizerona. According to the general - close to their result, shown in France. It is clear that the ratings at the Russian Championship are not compared with the scores at international competitions. However, does it mean something to you?
- NK: You correctly said that the ratings in the Russian Championship are not compared with international starts. But we do not compare the estimates and do not look at others. What is important to us is what we have done today and now.

https://www.sovsport.ru/figure/arti...e-papadakis/sizerona-myi-ne-smotrim-na-drugih