Victoria Sinitsina & Nikita Katsalapov | Page 54 | Golden Skate

Victoria Sinitsina & Nikita Katsalapov

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Has it ever been shared how/why the two of them got together. I just know that Nikita and his old partner split suddenly and he automatically teamed up with Vika. I am a complete supporter of them, just curious because it seemed rather random.

From my recollection, I believe Victoria reveals all of this in the interview below. It's quite long and goes into details about how they got together, started dating, etc.

New interview from Victoria: "In America I learned to stand up for myself"

Here's the original link: https://mrsport.ria.ru/interview/20180820/1140607181.html
Google translation -->link<-- (too long to copy and paste) ;)

Russian figure skater Victoria Sinitsina in her first solo, large and frank interview to RIA Novosti correspondent Anatoly Samokhvalov reveals all the psychology of them with Nikita Katsalapov of a dancing couple. Tears, passion, pain, blood and love in the history of a modest youngster, who grew into a predator with a bit of b^tchiness.

NAOTMAA

Medalist
WOW a year certainly makes a difference!

At this point last year they were sinking fast and very close to falling behind Z/G in the hierarchy (prevented from being official only by their withdrawal at nats.) and now a season later they're national champs and have a real good shot at standing on a world podium! They improved so fast :cool:

congrats and keep going! :rock:

Finley

Record Breaker
Congratulations to this beautiful team! It's been a long road. Good to see all their hard work paying off!

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Great outcome from Nats!!!
They didn't crumble!
& they will be closing the Gala even!!!:dance3:

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
This is from the GPF not Russian nationals

If you've read my last post carefully (which you obviously didn't, and it's not like I wrote a lot :rolleye: ), I did clearly state that the video is from the GPF Gala. It's a Canadian network, so it would never air a national championships which isn't Canadian. As far as I know, Russian channels don't broadcast the Canadian Figure Skating Championships, so I don't know why you expect Canadian networks to do the same for Russian Nationals.

I put in a lot of effort to share Canadian coverage of fs competitions, and instead of receiving a "thank you," I get criticized because my video isn't from Russian Nationals. I've posted earlier in this Fan Fest two other performances which aired on Canadian television, plus my own fancam of Sinitsina & Katsalapov's practice at SCI, but I can stop participating in this thread if that's what you prefer, happycamper2554.

Sugarpova

Record Breaker
awezsome as usual siberia82:luv17: super grateful!

Plz dont be sad abt that post or offended I beg you:sad21:
I myself often misread posts (& even parts in books!:laugh:) so I totally can understand happycamper2554 :( it wasnt intended to be posted to offend you:ghug:

returning to topic
Nik said some sweet things thanking Vika for winning this title for him :luv17: :biggrin:

alternative music to their FD
https://www.sports.ru/tribuna/blogs/altfskating/2288901.html

Sugarpova

Record Breaker
If the rumours are true and we will have pro Zhulin panel at Euros they may actually have a real shot. Leaving out the politics congrats to them it was the best RD of the season and theirs is the best tango vise from all of the seniors.
what's the source of those rumours?
Imo even the most proZhulin panel cant help them to overtake PC but hopefully the gap will not be that much than in France b/c imho they're not THAT worse than PC as scores suggested.

What do you guys think about their chances against HD ???
That's a more realistic target. Again imo their dances are much better than HD's (esp FD) & SS are comparable.

Re RD (absolute masterpiece imo!)
Vasin had anotehr post praising them
https://www.instagram.com/p/BrpdJL-gW23/

& his partner Sagdiana reposted it as well
https://www.instagram.com/p/BrppRLNAZzO/(she is stunning btw:bow: A Jolie lokalike!)

More shipper stuff from sovsport:biggrin:
"Thanks, Vika: Love brought SK the gold":luv17:
https://www.sovsport.ru/figure/arti...ivela-sinitsinu-i-katsalapova-na-pervoe-mesto

IceDancingQueen

Final Flight
If you've read my last post carefully (which you obviously didn't, and it's not like I wrote a lot :rolleye: ), I did clearly state that the video is from the GPF Gala. It's a Canadian network, so it would never air a national championships which isn't Canadian. As far as I know, Russian channels don't broadcast the Canadian Figure Skating Championships, so I don't know why you expect Canadian networks to do the same for Russian Nationals.

I put in a lot of effort to share Canadian coverage of fs competitions, and instead of receiving a "thank you," I get criticized because my video isn't from Russian Nationals. I've posted earlier in this Fan Fest two other performances which aired on Canadian television, plus my own fancam of Sinitsina & Katsalapov's practice at SCI, but I can stop participating in this thread if that's what you prefer, happycamper2554.

Ignore happy camper, Siberia your videos are greatly appreciated!! It’s always nice to hear CBC commentary :)

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
What do you guys think about their chances against HD ???
That's a more realistic target. Again imo their dances are much better than HD's (esp FD) & SS are comparable.

I think it's totally possible to overtake them with clean skates. HD almost lost the FD to them in Canada, and that was with S/K leaving many points on the table in the RD. I think the fight for the silver at Worlds is where they should aim--let's be real here, reaching PC will be impossible for any other team.

NicolettaL

Final Flight
I think H/D are within the reach. Especially with their material this year and if Vika and Nick will go clean.

Sugarpova

Record Breaker
I think it's totally possible to overtake them with clean skates. HD almost lost the FD to them in Canada, and that was with S/K leaving many points on the table in the RD. I think the fight for the silver at Worlds is where they should aim--let's be real here, reaching PC will be impossible for any other team.
yep I agree with you silver seems real but again as usual it will depend on the panel & tech panel as usual with dance:laugh:
Euros first tho. They need to follow with great performances & not falter!

RD seems to be flawlessly prepared now!
I'm soo happy that finally such flawlessly choreographed dance can get all the points it deserves.:luv17::yahoo: I was super frustrated with all the little mistakes that prevented it until now:bang: this is the kind of dance that should be skated squeaky clean & have that crisp feeling

I want to apologize to Zhulin btw I underestimated him! (him sitting with that bear in the KnC was hilar:rofl:)
I didnt dare to believe they might have such great dances that can compare with others & even overtake them!! :laugh: (from time to time I was mourning their time with Marina)))))
Forgive me Alexander!:giveup::laugh:

btw Merry Christmas to all the SK fans in other countries that celebrate it today btw:love: Love ya all!:ghug:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
New interview
Sinitsina / Katsalapov: "We think only about our programs and about each other"

Russian dance couple Victoria Sinitsina and Nikita Katsalapov for the first time in their career became the champion of Russia, having experienced more than one critical moment in four and a half years. However, the figure skaters themselves convinced Anatoly Samokhvalov in the opposite: they took hands for the first time and moved towards their goal. The next one is the European Championship in Minsk. Global - Beijing Olympics.

Link
Google translation link

Sugarpova

Record Breaker
lol now embarassment of riches aka press after Nats :luv17:

lol never thought they'd (mainly him ofc :laugh:) be that grown up ever!:agree: