2018-19 Japanese Ladies' figure skating | Page 117 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Japanese Ladies' figure skating

zenskate

Final Flight
Rika's bonus happened at GPF. She had the biggest jump I have ever seen. I don't know how much more her PCS can rise.

RafaelAstro

Final Flight
Wow, I didn't expect Yuna Shiraiwa to be assignated for JWC, but I am so happy for that, she is one of my favourites skaters and I'm so happy that I will see her again in a big competition, I'm also sad for Nana to not get a spot but I think she is not in the level she had last year, Yuna is progressing and I believe in her to do two clean programs before the season ends, so that will help her to increase her world ranking position, and get two spots in the senior grand prix next season, in the other hand she is vulnerable to urs but I hope Hamada can help her with that, is not like she can't do a program without them, and for aclaration she is not a flutzer, the 3lz-3t combo she did in rostelecom cup was a rare case in her jumps, maybe correct her flip is making her to flutz her lutz, but that happened only one time, in other competitons she had unclear edges on her lutz and last year she had a clear outside edge in that jump so I hope Hamada will help her with that, and for finish this long post, I want to say I love her programs this season <3, and I'm a little sad that Rika didn't won gold because I want her to get all golds this season but whatever, a silver is also a big award considering what she did in the free program, and is nationals I believe in her to do clean performances at 4CC and WC and to not have boots problems anymore, go Rika! go Yuna!

irriya

On the Ice
I just watched Tomoe's free skate. She is such a massive, massive talent and a superstar in the making. I wish her good health and good coaching so she can have the chance to realize her immense potential.

I'm guessing that she must be a big fan of Yuna Kim

tosca

On the Ice
im so happy Mai get 4CC, hopefully she can have clean int. competition for the first time! Im sad Nana didnt get JWC again even though her form dropping from last year, hopefully she can get it together next season, Yuhana also will compete in senior, make it less competition as well. Does Hana Yoshida junior eligible next season?

Her 4CC performance last year was clean

lanceupper1114

On the Ice
Shiraiwa? JWC? :shocked:

I guess this is strategy for securing spots for next year?

Looks like Nana Araki gets the kind of love Wakaba gets from the federation (not much).

At least Mai gets 4CC, deservedly.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
Shiraiwa? JWC? :shocked:

I guess this is strategy for securing spots for next year?

Looks like Nana Araki gets the kind of love Wakaba gets from the federation (not much).

At least Mai gets 4CC, deservedly.
The level of unfairness is unbelievable.
Yuhana and Tomoe can secure the three spots, since they are scored graciously internationally. IIRC only top 2 results count for spots. Yuna with her URs issues can even finish behind Yuhana and Tomoe. I would have get Mako as a choice but not Yuna S.

zanadude

Medalist
Country
Japan
I know this is reeeallly thinking ahead but what are the odds Ayaka Hosado (Hosoda) gets a GP next season?

From a few pages back:

depends, so far there is 5 ladies in top 24 SB, that means 10 spot/18, also Wakaba will get assignment from World Standing, so 12/18. Yuna S. also probably will get assignment since she is 26th, probably will finish no lower than 30 in SB list, Yuhana Yokoi also can get assignment, she's 32nd but might move up if she skate well in JWC, also other juniors that sent to JWC too. So there is possibility but not certain. I'll be happy if she get choosen as host pick in NHK, i really want her 3A to get ratified by ISU, she seems quite consistent with it too

leoleo

Medalist
Rika's bonus happened at GPF. She had the biggest jump I have ever seen. I don't know how much more her PCS can rise.

if she can get 72pcs with a fall on one 3A, she can score even higher with 2 clean 3As in her free skate!

leoleo

Medalist

ok i get it now :laugh:
anyway i don't think Rika's scores are done growing. She has yet to show her full potential (probably not even half of it)
Her SP score could be even higher if she hit her sit spin level 4 (she got lvl2 at GPF) so she could very much break her own world record.
She's been so close to the FS world record of 158 which would be more than easy for her to break if clean, she's probably the only one who can break it this season since Alina is having issues these days and hasn't been close to that score herself all season.
I think judges won't have issues giving her even 73 in pcs if clean.

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
Any other comps that Wakaba and Mako can get assigned to? I don’t want their season to end.

Wakaba for World Team Trophy please! :pray:

Mako and for me, Ayaka :) should hopefully get another competition this season. Something like Bavarian Open or Coupe du Printemps? It would be good for Marin, too.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
I think something like 84 in SP and 160 in FS is possible for Rika. Her 87 TES at NHK and 72 PCS at GPF give 159. Add 1 or 2 points on PCS (because of worlds in Japan) and that gives 160+

leoleo

Medalist
Wakaba for World Team Trophy please! :pray:

Mako and for me, Ayaka :) should hopefully get another competition this season. Something like Bavarian Open or Coupe du Printemps? It would be good for Marin, too.

they should send Mako somewhere for sure. Idk about Marin, her situation doesn't seem to be getting better. It is so frustrating.

lzxnl

Final Flight
I think something like 84 in SP and 160 in FS is possible for Rika. Her 87 TES at NHK and 72 PCS at GPF give 159. Add 1 or 2 points on PCS (because of worlds in Japan) and that gives 160+

I think 75 PCS is possible if she goes squeaky clean. They gave her 72 for a fall on the opening 3A. The entire mood changes when she hits that one. I agree with SP score though

leoleo

Medalist
I think 75 PCS is possible if she goes squeaky clean. They gave her 72 for a fall on the opening 3A. The entire mood changes when she hits that one. I agree with SP score though

75 is a lot! she'd have to stay a gold contender for longer and be more consistent in competition to get this score! let's see how she performs at 4CC & Worlds.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
I take back my "+1 or 2 on pcs because of worlds in Japan". Japaneses judges gave her the same pcs than international judges while gave +5 on pcs to others. So i don't think there will be so much home boost for her.