Madison Chock & Evan Bates | Page 42 | Golden Skate

Madison Chock & Evan Bates

humbaba

Final Flight
Per the USFS assignment page, Madison and Evan will compete at the Mentor Cup in Torun, Poland, January 8-12. (They'll have company there, as the Greens are entered in the junior competition).

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
Excellent to have Madi and Evan compete in Poland :) I guess it will be their first and only competition before the US Nationals?

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
Thanks, humbaba. This is good news indeed. I can't wait to see Madison and Evan's new programs and hope they will do well there.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I love that insta post...and so did Megan Duhamel and Tessa Virtue. Such fun. And also good skating.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
The video is totally adorable and fun. :luv17:

Interesting that in a reply to a comment, Madi says that it is her first time on natural ice.

Not 100% sure whether needed in this case, but I do want to give a general caution re "fan"/impostor accounts that mimic the authentic accounts of real skaters.

Among those who commented on this unquestionably likable post is an account name that has a one-character difference from Tessa's own verified account.

(If the real Tessa also responded to the video with a comment and/or "like", I missed her name among the many who did.)

As an another example (unrelated to this video), I have seen a "fan"/impostor account name that has a one-character difference from Gracie Gold's verified account.

In the case of this video, no harm done, one way or the other.
But it bothers me to imagine a worst-case scenario of an impostor liking a potentially controversial political post -- e.g., "Vote against XYZ!" -- and a skater unfairly being assumed to have a view that does not really belong to her.

And now I will step down from the soapbox. Happy New Year to all, especially the doggies. :)

CAS

On the Ice
Couldn't agree more about that account. I've seen it around and everything I have read seems really positive towards others but it really annoys me how close it is to her real account that I think people won't always pick up the difference when scrolling through comments. And I think that is unfair to her.

humbaba

Final Flight

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Thanks guys! :)

I hope they will like it. And there will be also a card showing my support in this not so easy season for them, coming back after Madison surgery,I will post the card too when ready - now I am making more flowers for another 3 bouquets:laugh:

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Thanks guys! :)

I hope they will like it. And there will be also a card showing my support in this not so easy season for them, coming back after Madison surgery,I will post the card too when ready - now I am making more flowers for another 3 bouquets:laugh:

OT. I was curious about the sunflowers card that you gave Piper and Paul with their bouquet. Was it hand-made as well, or were you able to buy a card that matched the bouquet?

Back on topic: are you going to make the card for Madi and Evan or will you buy one to match the flowers?