Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron | Page 300 | Golden Skate

Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron

Gotlev

Driving the Zamboni home
On the Ice
Wait what happened lol?
What exactly was she screaming in that mic?? Oh my god, sweet dear Gaby, Goddess of Ice Dance, why did I have to see and hear that??? Please god, please... Let it never have happened. Wipe my memory. Undo this. Let me unsee it. Let Gaby unscream it. Ooooooooooooooooooooooo my day is ruined!!! :scard7::drama::hopelessness:

1904sk8

On the Ice
What exactly was she screaming in that mic?? Oh my god, sweet dear Gaby, Goddess of Ice Dance, why did I have to see and hear that??? Please god, please... Let it never have happened. Wipe my memory. Undo this. Let me unsee it. Let Gaby unscream it. Ooooooooooooooooooooooo my day is ruined!!! :scard7::drama::hopelessness:

Haha I love gabi and gui so much. They seem like such fun people off the ice and from many sources it seems are quite the partiers lol. You could never guess based on any of their programs but both Gabriella and Guillaume seem like very kind and sweet people so I am not too concerned about her having some fun at the banquet (as were many other skaters according to videos)

floatingworld

On the Ice
Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron

It appears that Gaby's RD dress colour is "teal".
The part on the top of her left breast is actually the same fabric but reversed. I'm not 'in' on anything but you can see it clearly when looking at the bottom of the skirt when it moves. (That and I'm an arrogant ***** that is completely convinced of the correctness of her observations. :drama::laugh[emoji4]

Now we only need to find the correct name for the colour of Guillaume's FD costume. It's not really maroon but it's also not really purple. It's both or in between. Anybody knows a name for that?

Plum, mulberry, eggplant, wine, sangria, raisin, grape??? :). I think eggplant (see link below for eggplant pic).

https://www.denverpost.com/2017/01/11/eggplant-with-fresh-tomatoes-recipe/amp/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtIjsfflsxy/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=amh1bqsrlr2y

Bcash

Final Flight
Now time for nickpicking. Not a huge fan of the rotational lift in the FD but I thought at least the "open-arm" position looked more exciting than the one they did at Europeans. Was it because he felt a tiny loss of balance and wanted to make sure they complete it without mishaps? The transition from that to the character step sequence is still very empty. They basically skated away from the judges and skated back, on two feet. Also the diagonal step sequence still looks very empty towards the end. There was also some traveling on the opening stationary lift, which was probably why the judges didn't give them +5s.

1904sk8

On the Ice
Now time for nickpicking. Not a huge fan of the rotational lift in the FD but I thought at least the "open-arm" position looked more exciting than the one they did at Europeans. Was it because he felt a tiny loss of balance and wanted to make sure they complete it without mishaps? The transition from that to the character step sequence is still very empty. They basically skated away from the judges and skated back, on two feet. Also the diagonal step sequence still looks very empty towards the end. There was also some traveling on the opening stationary lift, which was probably why the judges didn't give them +5s.

They had a really scary fall on the rotational lift a day or two before. I think they were probably nervous and wanted to add the arm to make them feel more secure.

Roast Toast

Medalist
the diagonal step sequence still looks very empty towards the end.

I'm really mad about the step sequence rule change. I get that it made no sense for skaters to be able to attempt a step multiple times and get credit for it if they get at least one right but in the current format Guillaume is basically done with his turns midway through the rink and just... skates next to Gabi I guess? But the thing is, any additional turn he adds at that point could only lower the score of the element. It's dumb. When I think of MS's CiSt... :drama:

Bcash

Final Flight
I'm really mad about the step sequence rule change. I get that it made no sense for skaters to be able to attempt a step multiple times and get credit for it if they get at least one right but in the current format Guillaume is basically done with his turns midway through the rink and just... skates next to Gabi I guess? But the thing is, any additional turn he adds at that point could only lower the score of the element. It's dumb. When I think of MS's CiSt... :drama:

I miss the MS circular step sequence too. How sumptuous was that!

cocotaffy

Final Flight
I'm hoping they let some stuff to work on till Worlds, as Guillaume said, it is a long stretch till then so they need something to bite into. I would love them to fill up the end of their step sequence and the part just before the Character Step Seq. However that character step is so much better than at IDF, much more impactful as is the end of their program. They finish with a bang and with a type of movements that is a departure from their softer side. The spirit of the character step seq is probably the transition they are talking about. So we might get a program more in that spirit next year.
Costume wise, I prefer much more this outfit for Guillaume, it gorgeous and rich, maybe a tad too dark because it looks kind of black form afar. But it fits him much better than the grey. Hers after many rewatch, I'm starting to get used to it tbh and it works really well in contrast to his. So I don't mind anymore.
The Tango, I have the opposite feeling. I was happy at first because there are too many black or red dresses this season but in the end the green is too dull, the fabric should be shinier too. Her dress should have the color and silkiness look of the gorgeous dress in the movie Atonement, now that's a glorious shade of green. I also don't like his top, the velvet just doesn't work for tango.

Also excellent quality video and no commentaries https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YkBrGXgZO0

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
Is "I love it, I am such a party goer" really something so terrible that you reacted in such a way 😄?

cocotaffy

Final Flight
Well it was a pretty damn good skate wasn't it ? The judges did agree too. Romain is not one to shy away from what he thinks. The only thing I hope is for them to keep pushing this FD, filling it up. Though I'm pretty sure they'll drill the RD more because of the toughness to get level 4 on the first pattern and also the non touching. So we might get the exact same FD at Worlds.
Here is that little report "La beauté du geste" from some weeks ago finally not geoblocked and on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXXTlgqSN98

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
A new french article on Gabriella and Guillaume about the 5 times european champions and a confirmation : they pass their driver licences last summer !!! https://www.lesechos.fr/sport/omnis...e-papadakiscizeron-le-cinq-majeur-2239615.php

That's a lovely article, thanks for the link! I always enjoy it when Romain goes all enthusiastic about his students (all his students, not just Gabi and Guillaume): he always looks like he's so restrained and buttoned-up and then all this emotion comes pouring out, it's sweet.

peepsquick

Final Flight
floatingworld;2328027[B said:
]A glimpse at a different ending for the first lift. I wonder why they did not go for it during competition.[/B] Maybe difficult on ice. I really like it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtYZENjgkCR/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1uc33khqqobsh

I think we might see it at Worlds if it comes together and it doesn't aggravate Guillaume's back issue. On that level I am pretty irked at comments from some people accusing Gabriella to be a dead weight during the lifts! :curse:

Bcash

Final Flight
I think we might see it at Worlds if it comes together and it doesn't aggravate Guillaume's back issue. On that level I am pretty irked at comments from some people accusing Gabriella to be a dead weight during the lifts! :curse:

What woman isn’t a dead weight during lifts?