Alena Kostornaia | Page 103 | Golden Skate

Alena Kostornaia

Fluture

Record Breaker
Trusova is a new Bonaly. She will never receive good points to win a Major, especially PCS.

Kostornaya is more lucky, her programs more balanced and she doesn't jump over the head.

Erm... this is not true at all. Where have you been when Trusova sweeped the junior ranks last year, being pretty much on par with Alena in the PCS scores (there was a difference of 1-3 points at max between them when reality was different)? Where have you been when Trusova won Junior Nationals this year despite having a mistake in the short and Alena being 100% clean in both programs? Really, I like Sasha but she is in no way underscored on PCS. And she has won plenty already and will continue to do so in the future.

Alena is indeed more balanced, more refined and mature. But she isn‘t as much of a technical powerhouse like Sasha, so at the moment, her only chance to win is if the others make mistakes. If Sasha lands her quads at Junior Worlds, Alena has no chance against her, no matter how clean or refined or balanced she is. So, yeah... I would say the only thing holding Sasha back from winning could be herself. Not the judges. But she has to be aware that if she makes mistakes, strong skaters are behind her and can overtake her. But that‘s normal.

anna gabriela

Rinkside
What do you all think is the chance of Alena attempting 3A at Jr Worlds? I thought the new Pianos were a good sign that she’s at least training it but then I realised we don’t actually know for sure that she’s changed boots, she could have just been posing with them for some reason (I can’t tell what boots she’s wearing in the video of her new ex).

Of course, the most important thing is that Alena is healthy and I don’t want her to attempt it if she’s not ready, but I can’t help but think that if she were able to land a 3A in both programs, she would possibly beat a clean Sasha/Anna and wouldn’t have to rely on others making mistakes.

SkateSkates

Medalist
What do you all think is the chance of Alena attempting 3A at Jr Worlds? I thought the new Pianos were a good sign that she’s at least training it but then I realised we don’t actually know for sure that she’s changed boots, she could have just been posing with them for some reason (I can’t tell what boots she’s wearing in the video of her new ex).

Of course, the most important thing is that Alena is healthy and I don’t want her to attempt it if she’s not ready, but I can’t help but think that if she were able to land a 3A in both programs, she would possibly beat a clean Sasha/Anna and wouldn’t have to rely on others making mistakes.

I hope she’s had enough time to break them in. That thick padding she had on her ankle during jr nats was scary and I’m sure wasn’t 100% comfortable. I don’t think she will go for the 3A but of course would be so excited if she decided to. I can’t believe JWC starts tomorrow I wonder when they will be flying there. The ladies SP isn’t until Friday!

Azikin

Medalist
I think there's like 1% chance but never say never.. ;) It's not easy to be so perfect and still loose because someone else is just an insane jumper. We'll see, excitement sure starts to build up! :luv17::cheer:

abbyblack

Rinkside
I am sad I was looking forward to seeing her programs and possibly win :( now i just hope she is healthy and nothing serious happened

Batsuchan

Medalist
Absolutely gutted... :cry: :cry: I really wanted to see her new Vampire EX, and of course her competitive programs... :sad4:

I hope it's nothing serious and that Alyona recovers soon!! :pray:

I wonder if this now means there's a greater chance she'll keep her SP for next season... :think:

Fluture

Record Breaker
I‘m so sad.. :sad21: I was looking forward to seeing her so much. This came totally out of nowhere. Please be fine, Alena! Fingers crossed!

Is Alyona changing Eteri for CSKA? I saw it in the comments...

No, please just no... I cannot survive more bad figure skating news for a day. This has to be a rumour.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic

New wave of rumours? I believe I've heard the same after the end of the last season. But if it would be very unlikely so, I hope it would not be Buyanova. Only kamikaze skater would go to her.

Scott512

Record Breaker
CSKA would like that! ;) No need for Alena to change. She is right on target for greatness if puberty isn't too hard on her. Even though she is still under 5 feet tall I am sure she is growing and even a half inch growth everywhere can cause issues.

Sorry Alena is missing her last JWC. Hope her injury isn't bad. Warm hugs from Florida.

SkateSkates

Medalist
I hope she’s ok I am so sad 😭. Was looking to her her beautiful programs one more time this season. She became so much stronger and confident throughout the season I was hoping it would have culminated in the JWC title. I hope it’s not too serious - it looked like she was on the ice recently in those Instagram videos with Masaru so it must have been recent.

I also really hope those CSKA rumors are not true - where were they? Does anyone have a link?

littlesheep

Rinkside
Here it was said that Alena has serious injury (smth with her fibula and ligaments).

Anybody can shed some light how serious it could be? I am worried. Alena please get well soon!

zounger

Medalist
Here it was said that Alena has serious injury (smth with her fibula and ligaments).

Anybody can shed some light how serious it could be? I am worried. Alena please get well soon!

As far as I know this is based on a unanimous comment in Russian forum FSO. It may be true I don't know. But its better to not speculate with someones health, until an official report is given.

SkateSkates

Medalist
As far as I know this is based on a unanimous comment in Russian forum FSO. It may be true I don't know. But its better to not speculate with someones health, until an official report is given.

Although only speculation at this point, I wouldn’t be surprised it it is true. We saw her ankle/lower leg taped during nationals and then a thick pad under her tights in the same spot at Jr Nationals. I hope she is able to fully heal during the off season and have a strong senior debut in the fall. Devastated for her.