Alena Kostornaia | Page 105 | Golden Skate

Alena Kostornaia

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
Good luck getting a better environment than she has. Alena is doing great with big upside and her akating is so beautiful. She should think twice about leaving EG. It usually doesn't go well for the person leaving eteri. Does it?

Panenkova, Med, Lipnitskaya, Tarakanova sure didn't have good transitions....

Arbitrary

Medalist
Del

(FSO: There was non-creditable source with the info from insiders about A.K. moving to "Snow Leopards". Not proven and later considered false, sort of.)

Scott512

Record Breaker
Del

(FSO: There was non-creditable source with the info from insiders about A.K. moving to "Snow Leopards". Not proven and later considered false, sort of.)

It's too bad the girls have to put up with so many rumours and some hate. I hate it.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Panenkova, Med, Lipnitskaya, Tarakanova sure didn't have good transitions....

I agree. But I didn't want to name names. ;) It upsets people. In fact I was going to write that those who leave Eteri never skate at their Eteri level again. But I chose not to. Eliza T left Eteri for I won't say who got worse then came back to Eteri this season and is world class for Kazakstan. That said I think Alena could be a different case because she's so young and so talented. But I don't want her to leave EG and S70. Alena has had a great last junior season and will be a great senior.

I hope she can master 3A. Her 2A is big so it's doable.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
It's too bad the girls have to put up with so many rumours and some hate. I hate it.

Don't worry, the young skaters should have learned by now to keep themselves isolated from unfiltered social media and sports tabloid columns.
No sports person past the age of curious young child is interested in reading about themselves from random individuals that are total strangers to them. They listen to their trainers, parents and fellow sportsmen alone for those are the only people important to them.
Let the federation or club's PR official deal with any matters press related.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Don't worry, the young skaters should have learned by now to keep themselves isolated from unfiltered social media and sports tabloid columns.
No sports person past the age of curious young child is interested in reading about themselves from random individuals that are total strangers to them. They listen to their trainers, parents and fellow sportsmen alone for those are the only people important to them.

Well said. But the young people in sports or not have some interest in social media. It is dangerous.

DanseMacabre

Final Flight
Country
Iceland

Yeah, I don't think it works that way. I'm not an athlete but I am an author with public-facing social media accounts and let me tell you...there is absolutely no age limit on looking at things you know you shouldn't. Do I know it'll hurt my feelings to see what people say about me or my books on Goodreads or Amazon or Twitter? Yes. Have I done it anyway? Of course. I'm in my 30s and growing up online and knowing better hasn't stopped me or any of the other authors I know (I'm getting better at it, but it's taken me YEARS to resist the temptation). I can't imagine it's easier on teens who've grown up in a social media landscape. And that doesn't even get into the people who tag me with their negative reviews or comments. It's like opening your front door and getting punched in the face by some stranger standing on your porch. Every public figure I know has admitted to googling themselves at some point knowing they'd hate what they saw but humans are curious creatures and we do it anyway. Short of complete abstinence from the internet (which, let's face it, isn't gonna happen) it's really hard not to see the negativity when there's so much of it online.

Koatterce

On the Ice
Country
Canada
Yeah, I don't think it works that way. I'm not an athlete but I am an author with public-facing social media accounts and let me tell you...there is absolutely no age limit on looking at things you know you shouldn't. Do I know it'll hurt my feelings to see what people say about me or my books on Goodreads or Amazon or Twitter? Yes. Have I done it anyway? Of course. I'm in my 30s and growing up online and knowing better hasn't stopped me or any of the other authors I know (I'm getting better at it, but it's taken me YEARS to resist the temptation). I can't imagine it's easier on teens who've grown up in a social media landscape. And that doesn't even get into the people who tag me with their negative reviews or comments. It's like opening your front door and getting punched in the face by some stranger standing on your porch. Every public figure I know has admitted to googling themselves at some point knowing they'd hate what they saw but humans are curious creatures and we do it anyway. Short of complete abstinence from the internet (which, let's face it, isn't gonna happen) it's really hard not to see the negativity when there's so much of it online.

agreed. It's important to learn to deal with the negativity, because there will always be non-fans/people that make stuff up/whatever. Obviously, it would not be a good idea to purposely seek out the negativity, but oftentimes it's unavoidable. Like on social media, people want to interact with their fans but there are always non-fans mixed in there. And sometimes people say mean things in person. The important thing is learning to deal with it and not letting it get to you; instead, focus on the positivity. How exactly this can be approached will depend on the person. It's easy for some people to just brush off the criticism, but for others, they might have to take a more cautious/avoidant approach.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
https://www.instagram.com/p/BuqDCfTnKz5/
presumably today's photo :)
also, there are rumors that the health issue is not that serious but it's not allowing her to compete for now :think:

Today's photo? So, Anna (and Sasha) is still in Moscow? I know ladies start only in friday, but presumed they aldready flew to Croatia.
Also, good to hear Alyona's health is good, if true of course, but I tend to believe positive news easily.

SkateSkates

Medalist
Today's photo? So, Anna (and Sasha) is still in Moscow? I know ladies start only in friday, but presumed they aldready flew to Croatia.
Also, good to hear Alyona's health is good, if true of course, but I tend to believe positive news easily.

I think they are in Croatia because someone posted in the edge about their practices. I hope it is true that the injury isn’t too serious and she is able to recover fully before next season.

Elucidus

Match Penalty

I believe Anna and Sasha are in Zagreb

I think they are in Croatia because someone posted in the edge about their practices. I hope it is true that the injury isn’t too serious and she is able to recover fully before next season.

Eteri group is famous for being super late and fly time to Zagreb is like 2 hours or so.. so they could be at early morning practice in Moscow, then go flying in afternoon, then having second evening practice in Zagreb. In theory, that is :biggrin:

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Eteri group is famous for being super late and fly time to Zagreb is like 2 hours or so.. so they could be at early morning practice in Moscow, then go flying in afternoon, then having second evening practice in Zagreb. In theory, that is :biggrin:

Well, in theory they will be there sooner than Alina was in Saransk, that's true :)