2019 World Junior Championships Ladies Free Skate | Page 31 | Golden Skate

2019 World Junior Championships Ladies Free Skate

Alegria

On the Ice
Country
Ukraine
No matter how impressive Sasha and Anna are now, I don't see them successful in seniors for more than 2 years. And is not like they will get the same GOE and PCS in seniors.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sacha and Anna contenders for 2022, if they keep their weight down for 3 more years.

Yes, fingers crossed that they don't develop like normal young women.

Because that would be a tragedy. :rolleye:

jillredhand

Record Breaker
Too close to call for me. Trusova with way more tech but Shcherbakova with way more artistry. I'm happy with Trusova winning; even though she is admittedly inferior in PCS, I think she's a textbook case of tech overpowering artistry justifiably. Sure, sometimes we think stronger artists ought to win over stronger technicians... but if that's true than sometimes the reverse must also be true. Today I think the technician winning was just. Though, TBF, I'd think a farther gap between them in PCS would be more accurate, with the same result.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I'm so frustrated by the fact that Young and Haein got 14 and just missed out 3 spots I can't even properly be happy for Sasha gah

frida80

Record Breaker
Yes, fingers crossed that they don't develop like normal young women.

Because that would be a tragedy. :rolleye:

How about we hope the develop like Midori Ito with great muscles and explosive jumps? I like that future much more.

Seruleane

Final Flight
Trusova will be the first two time junior World champ since Radionova. I imagine her senior career will follow a similar trajectory.

Radionova has both World and European medals, as well as numerous Grand Prix medals on the Senior Circuit. That’s nothing to scoff at. This is also considering Russia’s deep and competitive field. Other than Evgenia and hopefully Alina, who among the Russian ladies has had better careers recently? Anna P, Liza, and Maria S have similar careers to Elena when you look at medal count, but not better IMO.

Trusova and Radionova have this fearlessness on the ice and this almost goofy quality off the ice that I absolutely love. I wish Radionova was still skating competitively, but hope we will see Trusova continue to improve, and stick around for a while.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sacha and Anna contenders for 2022, if they keep their weight down for 3 more years.

That's funny. I was thinking that they'll both be 17 in 2022. Eteri's girls and age 17 have been pretty iffy, although Zhenya won her 2nd World Championship at 17. Will be interesting to watch. But my Russian favorite is Alena K. (I know, she's also Eteri's Girl) :)

Ziotic

Medalist
Really sad that Japan and Korea only have two spots for next year, but I’m really happy Canada also has 2!