2019 World Junior Championships Ladies Free Skate

tabsy

Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Guys I'm crying I've got Anna and Sasha's signatures on my flag!!!! :yahoo:

P44

On the Ice
http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1819/wjc2019/FSKWSINGLES-JUNIOR----FNL-000100--_JudgesDetailsperSkater.pdf

Ya but she got a UR on her 4Lz + fall, a turnout on her +3Lo and an unclear edge on her 3F. She has become less consistent.

Who knows what will happen to her consistency when she turns senior?

At jr nationals she was perfect. You can't say a person is becoming inconsistent because of ONE competition.
And a fall and an UR on a quad is not such a disaster I think...
Moreover she never succed to land her 3 quads in one program so nothing really new.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Reality in PCS? What about that huh?

Now, I'm not sure if Yuna's advantage in PCS can overcome the tech difference, but it sure as heck should have been an advantage in Yuna's favour, not Ting scoring a full two point higher.

I just flatly don't agree with you. Yuna Shiraiwa is not that commanding a skater PCS-wise as far as Japanese ladies go. She's no Asada, Suzuki, Sakamoto, Miyahara, or even a Honda or Higuchi. Ting Cui is a better components skater even with much less international experience than Yuna S.

Seruleane

Final Flight
Are you delusional? Shiraiwa was 5.5 points behind Cui after the short program. You do remember there are two programs, right? Then go look at the free skate protocols which are now posted. They reflect the reality of what I saw in real-time as far as underrotations and edge calls on the TES side. As far as the PCS goes, I think Cui did slightly better with her program than Shiraiwa with hers, and that's pretty much reflected in the very close protocols on components as well.

Hmm, I didn't realize having a difference in opinion warrants being called delusional :rolleye:. I think Yuna deserves much higher PCS than Ting at the moment, and the difference in their FS scores (Ting had a fall and the music overpowered her skating, but I thought Yuna was foot perfect and gave a spectacular interpretation) should have been greater. You're free to disagree.

DanseMacabre

Final Flight
Country
Iceland
While I'm wildly impressed by the technical feats Sasha and Anna pull off, I'm not usually partial to their skating but some of the comments here are so mean-spirited. It seems so off-putting to me that a bunch of ostensible adults are so gleeful about these kids potentially falling short of expectations in the future. I see a lot of people masking it as concern (honestly, it's more concern trolling than actual concern) but y'all just seem to want to see them fail. Shaking my head at some of you. You don't have to like them but you don't need to be Like That either, you know?

Fluture

Record Breaker
Reality in PCS? What about that huh?

Now, I'm not sure if Yuna's advantage in PCS can overcome the tech difference, but it sure as heck should have been an advantage in Yuna's favour, not Ting scoring a full two point higher.

Agreed. I don't necessarily think Yuna should have been above Ting in the end result and I'm very happy for Ting getting Bronze here. But Yuna clearly should have got the best PCS because she showed a beautiful performance with mature and refined interpretation of the music and had great skating skills as well. She should lead the field in PCS, with Anna and Sasha only getting better marks in the transitions part of the PCS scores. Of course, this doesn't change the overall podium places as the top three deserved their standings but it would have at least given the impression that the judges actually care what the skaters put on the ice and not just: "oh wow, high TES and powerful federation, let's give that some good PCS then".

Danny T

Medalist
I just flatly don't agree with you. Yuna Shiraiwa is not that commanding a skater PCS-wise as far as Japanese ladies go. She's no Asada, Suzuki, Sakamoto, Miyahara, or even a Honda or Higuchi.

Didn't know miss Mao Asada is competing in Junior Worlds in the year of our lord 2019. Huh.

Stay on topic please. Do tell me which component is Ting Cui better in.

DanseMacabre

Final Flight
Country
Iceland
Agreed. I don't necessarily think Yuna should have been above Ting in the end result and I'm very happy for Ting getting Bronze here. But Yuna clearly should have got the best PCS because she showed a beautiful performance with mature and refined interpretation of the music and had great skating skills as well. She should lead the field in PCS, with Anna and Sasha only getting better marks in the transitions part of the PCS scores. Of course, this doesn't change the overall podium places as the top three deserved their standings but it would have at least given the impression that the judges actually care what the skaters put on the ice and not just: "oh wow, high TES and powerful federation, let's give that some good PCS then".

I wish Golden Skate had a Voice of Reason award because you'd win it back to back like Sasha Trusova wins Junior World titles.

DanseMacabre

Final Flight
Country
Iceland
When a person falls on a jump, is not it more advantageous for her the jump to be called for UR ?

It is never advantageous to get a UR call. Especially when you fall. URs lower the base value. GOE are added or deducted from that modified base value.

Fluture

Record Breaker
http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1819/wjc2019/FSKWSINGLES-JUNIOR----FNL-000100--_JudgesDetailsperSkater.pdf

Ya but she got a UR on her 4Lz + fall, a turnout on her +3Lo and an unclear edge on her 3F. She has become less consistent.

Who knows what will happen to her consistency when she turns senior?

1. She landed two clean quads, one of them in combination and two squeaky clean 3-3 with only a turn-out on her third one, which was also one of the hardest 3-3, 3Lz-3Lo. That's more than most men showed yesterday.
2. Many ladies got unclear edges on their flips today, not just Sasha.
3. She's not losing consistency. She's been struggling with the 3Lz-3Lo this entire competition but even if she removes this combination, she will still be pretty much unbeatable with those quads. I don't agree with her PCS but her TES is deservedly high.

No one knows what will happen in the future. But for now, Sasha is fine. And now a two time Junior World Champion.

P44

On the Ice
It is never advantageous to get a UR call. Especially when you fall. URs lower the base value. GOE are added or deducted from that modified base value.

Yes I just deleted my post. :drama:
I thought the deduction with GOE was less important but the deduction of the BV is worse

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
Congratulations, Alexandra, Anna, and Ting! Such radiant smiles on that podium. IMO, well-deserved for all three, although I would have been fine with Yuna for bronze as well.

frida80

Record Breaker
But Yuna was clearly the best of them? And had she got the PCS she deserves, the end result could have been a lot different. She's junior eligible, so she can skate. I don't think it's unfair. Who else would Japan have sent? Just out of curiosity.

I'm just sad because Japan and Korea have so many talented ladies at the moment, they really deserve three spots.

Yelim had boot problems recently. And wasn't she injured at 4CC or something? I think Haein deserved to be here, too. And if not for that popped axel in the SP, the story would again have looked different. I think it was mostly bad luck that resulted in them losing the spots. Yuna, Yuhana, Haein and Young all fought and showed their absolute best in the FS. But alas, it wasn't enough.

I’d say Nana, but there would be no justification of sending her based on her results. I get that Japan was protecting their spots. But it’s really hard watching the kids work so hard and get passed over. That just me having a massive soft spot for kids again. A terrible thing to have when you have to be the one to tell kids no. I’m terrible at it.

There have been so many injuries with so many people, it’s hard to remember. What I do remember is she had a nasty fall into the board at the GPF. However, she recovered well for her next domestic competition. Unfortunately, she had skate problems at nationals, but had a good recovery at 4CC. I’m still miffed about that +3T she has to drop.

But you’re right they all fought as hard as they could in that FS, it just want enough. I just hate knowing their feds are going to blame them. The field was super deep! Leave my little ones alone! So much politics! :sad4:

Fluture

Record Breaker

Wow, that's a compliment! Thank you! Well, I do have my freaky falls too, though, with some occasional ranting in between. :biggrin:

Mawwerg

Final Flight
Trusova, Shcherbakova, Cui, Shiraiwa, You, Lee, Kawabata and Soupian all with unclear edge calls on flips. Cui with two. Ryabova with wrong edge call, Beccari even with two e. I do not remember a competition with such number of calls on flips.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
I totally should go to sleep but my mind is too full of what-ifs, I'm annoyed at myself for being this way when both Haein and Young (esp.Young with boot problems) rocked their free skates and I should be busy being proud of them. GS needs more fans of Korean skaters to experience this turmoil of emotions like I'm going through right now :devil:

Fluture

Record Breaker
I’d say Nana, but there would be no justification of sending her based on her results. I get that Japan was protecting their spots. But it’s really hard watching the kids work so hard and get passed over. That just me having a massive soft spot for kids again. A terrible thing to have when you have to be the one to tell kids no. I’m terrible at it.

There have been so many injuries with so many people, it’s hard to remember. What I do remember is she had a nasty fall into the board at the GPF. However, she recovered well for her next domestic competition. Unfortunately, she had skate problems at nationals, but had a good recovery at 4CC. I’m still miffed about that +3T she has to drop.

But you’re right they all fought as hard as they could in that FS, it just want enough. I just hate knowing their feds are going to blame them. The field was super deep! Leave my little ones alone! So much politics! :sad4:

Yes, that's the sad part about following skaters from federations like Japan and Russia. They have so many talented young skaters and three (and now two for Japan...) spots aren't enough. Olympic Season was even more heartbreaking when Wakaba had to stay home because Japan only had two spots. I wish they could all go, they work so hard. But then again, we wouldn't see skaters from smaller federations, Julia or Lucrezia or Alina Urushadze for example, and that would be a shame too.

I hope their feds are not going to blame them! They all had great redemption skates in the FS and skated cleanly! And they are kids, they shouldn't be punished for anything.

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
While I'm wildly impressed by the technical feats Sasha and Anna pull off, I'm not usually partial to their skating but some of the comments here are so mean-spirited. It seems so off-putting to me that a bunch of ostensible adults are so gleeful about these kids potentially falling short of expectations in the future. I see a lot of people masking it as concern (honestly, it's more concern trolling than actual concern) but y'all just seem to want to see them fail. Shaking my head at some of you. You don't have to like them but you don't need to be Like That either, you know?

I agree, people have been a little mean spirited. It’s easy to forget these are real people - children in fact.

That said I don’t necessarily want GG to become sanatised. The Radinova comment was sharp but not totally without merit. Junior worlds don’t always show us the future.