Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron | Page 306 | Golden Skate

Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron

floatingworld

On the Ice
Gosh, I was just wondering... Nobody really misses them, right? Why talk about them at all?
I stand by my prediction: in 30 years, they're going to be remembered only as the ones that took that one world and olympic title from GG in their 12-year winning streak. Mind my words :-D
I agree. At some point, as memory fades, they will be talked about relative to themselves and not to some rivalry. They are a class on their own. Speaking of the FD in two hours from now, I suspect we are going to see 'aubergine'!!!

Bcash

Final Flight
You never know. This arena has been reported as being very warm. And Guillaume has said in the past that he gets warm easily. The plum one seems to be a lot thicker.

Roast Toast

Medalist
Why talk about them at all?

MTE... Just inviting the commentary and backlash of the usual trolls... The sooner we move on from those comparisons the better. Let the current teams stand on their own standards.

They changed quite a few things in the RD so I'm not sure what to expect in the free... Either they felt it was their stronger program and they left it untouched, or perhaps we will see similar changes? Either way I will be sure to enjoy it :biggrin: I can't believe how much I have come to love these programs after this short but eventful season. The free is sooo pleasant to watch.

peepsquick

Final Flight
I love the RD they showed at worlds but I miss their (initial) diagonal footstep ... I quite liked the mimicry of their blades scraping in tune with the highest notes of the music. It was very original. I quite like when they keep some staccato to their moves ...

Bcash

Final Flight
I love the RD they showed at worlds but I miss their (initial) diagonal footstep ... I quite liked the mimicry of their blades scraping in tune with the highest notes of the music. It was very original. I quite like when they keep some staccato to their moves ...

Wait, which part is this? Blades scraping in a diagonal step sequence?

Gotlev

Driving the Zamboni home
On the Ice
It was great to hear Guillaume give a shout-out to Gadbois in the press conference yesterday.
You can clearly see how happy and inspired all of their teams are, how they make this competition look more of a presentation of the school than a competition. It's so heart warming.

It's obvious that Gaby and Guillaume wouldn't have become who they are without Gadbois, and Gadbois wouldn't be what it is without Gaby and Guillaume.

It's really magical, I find it totally great to see this happen, and to feel so much joy and satisfaction and positive energy here. All of them seem to be developing beyond their expectations, or at least feel confident and successful.
Really, really wonderful!

Spot

On the Ice
That was so, so beautiful. Sigh... I gladly give up a few hours of sleep for them, haha!

Gotlev

Driving the Zamboni home
On the Ice
Is it me? The camera angles? Or was this just simply really not as impressive as I was expecting?
The lift exit I thought was supposed to be longer and different? The last spin faster?
And god, those two arms not off during the rotational lift, bleh, not wow, not exciting, not 'strong' enough.
(Am I kicked off the forum already?)

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I just can't with how they keep on raising their own bar. They must be such utter perfectionists. And that was really an extraordinary performance: they create such a perfect still moment in the first half and then shatter it in the second so that your throat aches when you realise you haven't been breathing (or at least I haven't). Amazing.

The protocols are up. Good grief, they just keep inching closer and closer to a perfect score. I doubt they'll ever get one in international competition because judges are persnickety, but...they're doing their level best.

cocotaffy

Final Flight
Is it me? The camera angles? Or was this just simply really not as impressive as I was expecting?
The lift exit I thought was supposed to be longer and different? The last spin faster?
And god, those two arms not off during the rotational lift, bleh, not wow, not exciting, not 'strong' enough.
(Am I kicked off the forum already?)

As I said I need to rewatch, but I felt the performance was stronger and the step sequence more detailed at Euros. Usually they have their best performance at Worlds but this might be like their Build a Home FD where I preferred the Euro version too.
OTOH their RD was absolutely fabulous here, their best RD ever I think.

Gotlev

Driving the Zamboni home
On the Ice
As I said I need to rewatch, but I felt the performance was stronger and the step sequence more detailed at Euros. Usually they have their best performance at Worlds but this might be like their Build a Home FD where I preferred the Euro version too.
OTOH their RD was absolutely fabulous here, their best RD ever I think.
Yes, the RD yesterday was fabulous, breathtaking, absolutely hypnotizing, wow all the time. That's why I'm disappointed: I felt this to be much less concentrated or energetic than how they skated this at Europeans, while I was expecting to have a stronger performance and somewhat reworked version!

Who was it here that warned that the FD might not be worked on much as they needed to focus on the levels of the RD? Kudos to them, that was totally the correct prediction!