Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron | Page 305 | Golden Skate

Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron

Gotlev

Driving the Zamboni home
On the Ice
It's the same caller from worlds 2016 aka YOLO FREEBIES FOR EVERYONE!! So yeah lmao some of these levels are probably fake but whatever the two best tangos are first and second I'm happy
I don't know if I should be complaining but I don't feel like it, I feel like dancing! :laugh:

Gotlev

Driving the Zamboni home
On the Ice
But Gaby, where are the earrings? They were soooooooooooooooooooo gorgeous!!!

Not that I'm complaining. That performance and score could have been skated in a potato sack for all I care...

floatingworld

On the Ice
With this field and those marks, I really got high blood pressure and hypertension while watching.
Since Europeans, I can only say: What on earth were we watching last year??
I sensed that they knew how the others' scores were going and that they had to be flawless. You could see their relief when they were done performing. The past two years, however, taught them how to perform under extreme pressure. It was a nailbiter for me but worth staying up so late though.

Roast Toast

Medalist
I keep rewatching and rewatching. Gabi is INCREDIBLE in this. Her expression throughout the pattern is leagues above the rest of the season. I can't believe she keeps getting better. I truly don't know how others are supposed to catch up because these two are racing ahead.

floatingworld

On the Ice
I keep rewatching and rewatching. Gabi is INCREDIBLE in this. Her expression throughout the pattern is leagues above the rest of the season. I can't believe she keeps getting better. I truly don't know how others are supposed to catch up because these two are racing ahead.
Her posture in the patterns was to die for!

Roast Toast

Medalist
Her posture in the patterns was to die for!

I just don't get it lmao even at Euros they skated soooo tight and worried in the first part of the pattern and here Gabi was suddenly performing out the wazoo? Her head movements, her back, the way they leaned into those edges... hhhhhng so good, so confident

I truly believe Gabi has transformed into the star of the team now. What a way they've come since Mozart!

Gotlev

Driving the Zamboni home
On the Ice
I'm a moron apparently. Where? Where? How the hell do you find these things that no matter what I search for, I can't find??

Edit: found something myself. I never thought I'd become a fan of reddit, but here you go: https://www.reddit.com/r/FigureSkating/comments/b42g6l/papadakiscizerons_rd_at_worlds_2019/

Gotlev

Driving the Zamboni home
On the Ice
They're not IN the zone, the zone is their property.
The zone is wherever they are.

Gotlev

Driving the Zamboni home
On the Ice
I'm not so used to it anymore, but I suppose it's totally normal that people who see Gaby and Guillaume for the first time cannot help themselves but start crying?

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
here Gabi was suddenly performing out the wazoo? Her head movements, her back, the way they leaned into those edges... hhhhhng so good, so confident

It's funny, but I realised a few days ago one of the things that seems different about their FD to me this year, even more than the music or the movement style - I've never thought of any of their programs as having a protagonist before, but this year the FD has, and it's definitely Gabi. Maybe I'm being subconsciously influenced by the fact that they're using music by a female vocalist, or maybe it really is something in the choreography and presentation that I'm picking up on, but one way or another, it was something I couldn't put my finger on before now and now I have.

I've always thought Gabi was the stronger actor of the two, so maybe that has something to do with it as well.

floatingworld

On the Ice
It's funny, but I realised a few days ago one of the things that seems different about their FD to me this year, even more than the music or the movement style - I've never thought of any of their programs as having a protagonist before, but this year the FD has, and it's definitely Gabi. Maybe I'm being subconsciously influenced by the fact that they're using music by a female vocalist, or maybe it really is something in the choreography and presentation that I'm picking up on, but one way or another, it was something I couldn't put my finger on before now and now I have.

I've always thought Gabi was the stronger actor of the two, so maybe that has something to do with it as well.
Indeed! As for Guillaume, he continues to fascinate (see Twitter post below) :):

https://twitter.com/mollyfleck/status/1108989773589475328

floatingworld

On the Ice
Oh wow! The Free Dance will be as late, and will even start thirty minutes later than last night's rhythm dance. Another sleepless night for me!!

lupina015

Rinkside
They are getting better and better, despite being in a class of their own already.
Really excited for the free tomorrow!