2019 World Championships Men's Free Skate | Page 43 | Golden Skate

2019 World Championships Men's Free Skate

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Technical stuff I guess, but Yuzuru's ankles are like Plushenko's knees. Those joints aren't growing back but the skaters continue to ruin them...

Oh dear :( Don't follow the Plushy road to countless surgeries Yuzu, it's not fun.

I hope he's not too sad, that was so epic! I mean the Quad toe triple axel! They need to rejig the score for that, it's practically impossible to imagine how he can do that!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Please, for the love of god, Orser, do not send Jason to Wilson (or Nichol!) for next year's programs. Give him someone good.

Also, yay, bonus. No more Disaster Grease. Brendan, please do not use Amodio for next year's programs. Thankyou.

frida80

Record Breaker
I'm an educator and even I thought it was a bad idea! Nathan proving us all wrong :rofl:

I knew his schedule when he was 10, so I knew the workload would be something he could handle. It's the video coaching that blows me away.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Russia Looses 3rd spot

Canada looses 2nd spot

Israel looses 2nd spot

China gains 2nd spot

Italy gains 2nd Spot

Russia and the US had a great Worlds winning 8 of the 12 medals. Russia did a lose a men.s spot but gained a spot in ice dance while the US gained a 2nd spot in Pairs. Canada had a rough Worlds with no medals and losing a spot not just in ladies as expected but in the men,s too.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
He.did.this.while.attending.Yale.

Dumbstruck.

Yeah... He makes me feel so inadequate :( Like, how can someone be so succesful? And smart? But huge, huge congrats! Also, like many, I did put him in first in my predictions :hap10:

Seruleane

Final Flight
Nathan learned a lot about controlling nerves from his Olympic experience.

Agreed, and I think the college experience really helped Nathan. I think he said himself that he realized figure skating/winning medals is just one part of his life, and I believe that perspective probably calms him down before competitions. I have really loved seeing him mature and grow as a skater. He absolutely 1000% deserved the gold today. I love Hanyu as well, and have been rooting for him since Sochi, so it was bittersweet to see him get silver after a wondrous performance, but Nathan absolutely deserved the gold today.

GGFan

Record Breaker
I think Yuzu brings back the 4Lz next season or something else out of this world. No way he takes this loss without a response. I love that about him :bow:

frida80

Record Breaker
Once I have to say I absolutely LOVE these kimonos on the flower girls! Every country dresses their medal presenters up so well...

Expect mine. Can't USA come up with something different than business casual?

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Oh my god I read the numbers the wrong way around.

I complained about Chen being the beneficiary of USFS propaganda, but Zhou is the bigger one. There is no universe where Zhou should get higher PCS than Jason. None.

Two panels. We need two separate panels!!! That will be the only way to address this!

zebobes

Final Flight
Vincent Zhou winning over Jason from TES, that I can comprehend without any problems. Vincent Zhou being higher in PCS than Jason? Well that's... :noshake: But I'm too stressed to argue

No, Jason's PCS was 88.5, Vincent's was 87.25. Because of Jason's fall, his PCS were capped/reduced, so that's why he's so close to Vincent.

frida80

Record Breaker
I think Yuzu brings back the 4Lz next season or something else out of this world. No way he takes this loss without a response. I love that about him :bow:
Yuzuru is banned from ever doing 4Lz again! I'm not going throw another ankle injury a third time!

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
Oh dear :( Don't follow the Plushy road to countless surgeries Yuzu, it's not fun.

I hope he's not too sad, that was so epic! I mean the Quad toe triple axel! They need to rejig the score for that, it's practically impossible to imagine how he can do that!

That's the whole issue, he has had multiple surgeries on them already :dbana: That's why I freak about those ankles, I'm seriously worried he might follow his idol's route of endless surgeries in the latter part of his career

onyxrose81

Rinkside
Who knew that it will be Pairs that save this horrible event for me... [emoji26]

Good lord talk about dramatic. Your fave has multiple world championships and two Olympic gold medals. Get some perspective.

Congrats to all the medalists! Nathan and Yuzuru were such a fantastic 1 and 2.

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
Once I have to say I absolutely LOVE these kimonos on the flower girls! Every country dresses their medal presenters up so well...

Expect mine. Can't USA come up with something different than business casual?

I hope they have ladies dressed up like this for their Olympics next year!