Sergei Voronov | Page 38 | Golden Skate

Sergei Voronov

Imov

Medalist
I hope he makes it. I honestly feel he worked hard to redeem himself, that is admirable.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Are you serious? The only clean program of the whole competition, that should have been 1st place? :scratch3::disapp: Thanks for the LP video, though!

Don't feel insulted. As far as I know, CBC didn't broadcast any of the short programs. They did live stream the whole event, and the video of all the men's short programs is still on their website. No commentary, though.

LadyB

Record Breaker
I think I'll be watching Sergei's NHK SP for a very long time to come!!! How wonderful that was. His passion and determination is sooo unbelievable. He deserves to be in the GPF! Go on, Sergei, keep showing them what you're made of! :rock:

LadyB

Record Breaker
This is absolutely phenomenal news! At last, the most consistent male Russian skater is in the GPF. All the very, very best to him!!! :hap10:

deedee1

Record Breaker
Good luck to Sergei at the upcoming Nationals!!!!! :cheer::cheer::cheer:

I do have tons of my repsect and admiration for this dude that he continues his competitive career, that he pushes himself further, that he proves time and time again he still is there among one of top skaters, and that he proves a skater at his age can show us so much improvements. What a wonderful season he's having so far! :rock:

Fingers crossed Sergei will have two great skates this week then advance to the Euro AND the Worlds, which he deserves so much this season! :hap85:

:ghug::ghug::ghug:

ewdokia

On the Ice
Sergei got injured and will not participate at nationals:
https://rsport.ria.ru/20181219/1548251935.html

:cry::cry::cry:

Sergei is doomed with this event. :sad21: I would not be surprised if he injured himself by nerves and risking it all in practice knowing his chances to make the team are once again rather slim due to his bad relations with Russian Fed. :(

LadyB

Record Breaker
Such bad luck is beyond belief... I think it's all my fault since weird things like that always happen to skaters that I support...:sad21:

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
nooooooo!!!!!!!:sad21: all my favourites are injured this year...maybe it's me.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Oh no! I came by to wish him good luck at Nationals and I learn that he is injured. Darn so many injuries no one is safe. Wishing Sergei a speedy recovery.

Tatjana

On the Ice
I've known Sergei since he competed in juniors and I really like and respect him. It was so sad that he got injured just before Nationals. He told me that the injury is not too bad, so fingers crossed he recovers quickly.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I've known Sergei since he competed in juniors and I really like and respect him. It was so sad that he got injured just before Nationals. He told me that the injury is not too bad, so fingers crossed he recovers quickly.

Thanks for the update. My fingers and toes are crossed for a speedy recovery.

LadyB

Record Breaker

Thanks for the info. Good to know! :agree:

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker

Thanks for updating us. I'm waiting for his return patiently. Can he still get selected for Worlds? He's accomplished so much on the GP circuit and became the only Russian male skater to qualify to the final. I really think he should get the same opportunity as Liza, and get selected over the young ones. He's deserved it.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy

my fingers are so crossed that i can't feel them anymore :biggrin: thank you for the update.