Sergei Voronov | Page 37 | Golden Skate

Sergei Voronov

LadyB

Record Breaker
That was absolutely awesome!!! I'm so over the moon he made and particularly nailed the homage to Denis. What a guy. I want him in the GPFinal, the Euros and Worlds! :pray:

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy

thank you! maybe someone can traslate it.

That was absolutely awesome!!! I'm so over the moon he made and particularly nailed the homage to Denis. What a guy. I want him in the GPFinal, the Euros and Worlds! :pray:

i wish! but i don't think he can make it to gpf, the nationl team is another pair of shoes, given the lack of consistency in russian male field the door to the 3rd spot is open

LadyB

Record Breaker
i wish! but i don't think he can make it to gpf, the nationl team is another pair of shoes, given the lack of consistency in russian male field the door to the 3rd spot is open

The saddest thing about that is, no matter how inconsistent others will be, the Fed will decide who is going and they just don't like him. It was exactly the same situation last year and he'd even won a GP. :eek:hwell: Let's not give up hope. :pray:

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
The saddest thing about that is, no matter how inconsistent others will be, the Fed will decide who is going and they just don't like him. It was exactly the same situation last year and he'd even won a GP. :eek:hwell: Let's not give up hope. :pray:

never! i did it before and he got a bronze, so i won't underestimate him again. davoi dyadya sergei!:biggrin:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Congratulations to Sergei on winning the SP! :yahoo: Oh, wait...no, he's not a "chosen one," so we couldn't have that, even though it was deserved. But it was still an incredible performance and he beat his own score from last year! By the way, I just read an interview with Raf where he gave credit to Sergei for being the only semi-consistent Russian man! :laugh: When you're right, you're right!

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I had to watch Sergei's Kiss and Cry one more time. He was having so much fun. Congratulations on a solid SP. Best of luck in the free tomorrow. Go Gramps!

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
dyadya sergei came to slay and to show those yougsters how to skate a clean sp!!!! And in a 70s pajama! I loved his furious step sequence and what killer attitude after the end!:hap10::hap10: let's hope a clean skate for tomorrow

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Sergei should have won the SP (I love Shoma, I love them both, so let's face facts...) but he is close, and with a really good skate tomorrow, on the podium would make my weekend.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I now have to keep all my fingers crossed for him - well, the ones that aren't crossed for Yuzuru - and this is going to make typing for the next few weeks lots of fun. But it's worth it!

Who'd have thought?????

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I fear that I've told this story already, but I have to repeat it, because it still brings a smile to my face and is probably one of the reasons I started following Sergei. He was having a WONDERFUL skate in his FS at Sk Amer 2016. There were about 6 of us sitting on the short end of the rink who were really cheering for him while he was skating, so much so that when he came to our end of the rink, he blew us a kiss during his performance and gave a big smile. I'll never forget this. https://youtu.be/ekND986uqTE?t=208

It was also the first time I'd ever gone to skating practices prior to a competition. What stands out in my mind was that he clapped for each of his fellow competitors when it was their turn to skate. He seems like a genuinely nice guy!

What a great thing to win the silver here. Hope we see him at the GPF!

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
I now have to keep all my fingers crossed for him - well, the ones that aren't crossed for Yuzuru - and this is going to make typing for the next few weeks lots of fun. But it's worth it!

Who'd have thought?????

luckily we got 20 fingers :biggrin:

I fear that I've told this story already, but I have to repeat it, because it still brings a smile to my face and is probably one of the reasons I started following Sergei. He was having a WONDERFUL skate in his FS at Sk Amer 2016. There were about 6 of us sitting on the short end of the rink who were really cheering for him while he was skating, so much so that when he came to our end of the rink, he blew us a kiss during his performance and gave a big smile. I'll never forget this. https://youtu.be/ekND986uqTE?t=208

It was also the first time I'd ever gone to skating practices prior to a competition. What stands out in my mind was that he clapped for each of his fellow competitors when it was their turn to skate. He seems like a genuinely nice guy!

What a great thing to win the silver here. Hope we see him at the GPF!

i would have died on the spot :laugh:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
So proud of Sergei for showing time and time again how foolish it is to write him off in favor of whatever new shiny thing comes along (but people will keep doing it, like clockwork, every season). Lots of young talent at NHK, nearly all crumbled for whatever reason. Maybe the rink conditions had something to do with it, but that's where experience and the ability to adapt to any situation kick in. He deserves all the good things coming to him :) May the force be with him and carry him through to the GPF!

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
CBC commentary for his NHK Trophy LP is at the 9:41 mark, plus there's a "Coming Up" fluff at 6:58 (the password is men): https://vimeo.com/297835077

His SP wasn't broadcast on Canadian television.