Vincent Zhou | Page 55 | Golden Skate

Vincent Zhou

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Are you quoting her? Can you provide the link or how she brought Cloud Atlas up?

yes, I was quoting her. it is from that music recommendation thread on this board link below. I was read that thread today. when I read that post, it completely shocked me. her prayers got answered by the sweetest Vincent.
https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?79148-Dream-Programs-Wishlist-19-20-Edition/page2
post #32
So Vincent fans should seriously consider:biggrin: recommend to Vincent without hesitation in any aspects of figure skating, Vincent may indeed take fan suggestions.

ETA, I hope @rikaquegira knows this, but she will definitely find out once this season starts.
also that specific music from the OTS linked by @rikaquegira :sad21: should I use my soulmate tag. :sad21::love:
心有灵犀:biggrin:

ETA, I got acquainted with @rikaquegira through her posts about Yuna (who is my fav skater of all time) and Rika (who is one of my fav skaters of current competing ladies). Hopefully, she will become a Vincent fan after this season.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Vincent's last season programs' stsq difficult one foot turn series are different between SP and FS. sometimes, skaters will use the same difficult one foot turn series for both SP and FS for easy points. Vincent was really challenging himself in all aspects of figure skating as he said.

Zenchio63

Final Flight
yes, I was quoting her. it is from that music recommendation thread on this board link below. I was read that thread today. when I read that post, it completely shocked me. her prayers got answered by the sweetest Vincent.
https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?79148-Dream-Programs-Wishlist-19-20-Edition/page2
post #32
So Vincent fans should seriously consider:biggrin: recommend to Vincent without hesitation in any aspects of figure skating, Vincent may indeed take fan suggestions.

ETA, I hope @rikaquegira knows this, but she will definitely find out once this season starts.
also that specific music from the OTS linked by @rikaquegira :sad21: should I use my soulmate tag. :sad21::love:
心有灵犀:biggrin:

ETA, I got acquainted with @rikaquegira through her posts about Yuna (who is my fav skater of all time) and Rika (who is one of my fav skaters of current competing ladies). Hopefully, she will become a Vincent fan after this season.

Thanks for the link. But I doubt Vincent picked Cloud Atlas because of fan recommendations on forums. Lori probably had him listen to a selection of music that fit his descriptive choices for what he wants to skate to in the new season, then he picked the selection that stood out the most. Just like when Lori said she was surprised that Vincent chose "Exogenesis" out of the choices she provided last season for the SP. The exhibition programs are the ones where he specifically chose the music from the very beginning.

And I have learned my lesson to not recommend Vincent's programs. There are still many fans who love to provide/flaunt negative feedback on anything that Vincent skates to, due to their own personal bias. I would be delighted that fans show up by themselves from becoming converted fans on their own (like lariko), but wouldn't hold my breath?

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Lori probably had him listen to a selection of music that fit his descriptive choices for what he wants to skate to in the new season, then he picked the selection that stood out the most. Just like when Lori said she was surprised that Vincent chose "Exogenesis" out of the choices she provided last season for the SP. The exhibition programs are the ones where he specifically chose the music from the very beginning.

where did you get these information how Vincent choose his program music? is it from Vincent's interview?

eta. @Zenchio63 also, my soulmate tag or 心有灵犀 tag is nothing serious nor deep, just my humor. hard to explain this to you. as you known I have multi-culture background in real life as well as on social media. but I could understand what you mean and your concern. No worries. just social media fun.

YukiNieve

Rinkside
Vincent signed a contract with Kinoshita Group, one of the well-known conglomerates in Japan whose subsidiaries encompass building homes, real estate, elderly care, education, among other things.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BzHnlCwpF_g/?igshid=ri0xh1ov6m0c

Kinoshita Group often puts advertisement on the board of the competition rink.

They also support Satoko Miyahara and Koshiro Shimada.
Their website already has Vincent's name and photo here:
http://kinoshita-group-sports.com/figureskating/

ETA: Kinoshita Group has also been the title sponsor for Japan Open since 2006.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Vincent singed a contract with Kinosihta Group, one of the well-known conglomerates in Japan whose subsidiaries encompass building homes, real estate, elderly care, education, among other things.

Kinoshita group often puts advertisement on the board of the competition rink.

Great news, that explains the "business class" flight tickets:biggrin:

sheetz

Record Breaker
Amazing for Vincent! I would presume Vincent will be at JO. Is this usual for them to support a foreign athlete?

Zenchio63

Final Flight
Vincent signed a contract with Kinoshita Group, one of the well-known conglomerates in Japan whose subsidiaries encompass building homes, real estate, elderly care, education, among other things.

Kinoshita Group often puts advertisement on the board of the competition rink.

ETA: Kinoshita Group has also been the title sponsor for Japan Open since 2006.

Thanks so much for posting the great news. Here is the translated link to the Kinoshita Group website: https://translate.google.com/transl...p://kinoshita-group-sports.com/figureskating/

Congratulations to Vincent for the contract! Very happy for his well-deserved opportunity! :cool2:

I am told that there are Japanese fans who are not happy that the Group signed with a foreign skater. Hope coach Hamada and the other skaters provide Vincent with the support he needs from any criticism and backlash. :pray:

Zenchio63

Final Flight
Amazing for Vincent! I would presume Vincent will be at JO. Is this usual for them to support a foreign athlete?

I have been busy DMing with a Japanese fan and she said no. See the comment about “unhappy fans” in response to YukiNieve’s announcement.

Per Japanese fan who is very knowledgeable about this sort of things, she thinks there is a 99+% chance that Vincent will do Japan Open.

sheetz

Record Breaker
Maybe if Hamada is added to Vincent's official coaching team that could make the sponsorship more palatable to the disgruntled fans.

Zenchio63

Final Flight
Maybe if Hamada is added to Vincent's official coaching team that could make the sponsorship more palatable to the disgruntled fans.

Apparently, there are already questions about why Hamada was helping Vincent out, so making it official might make the ethnocentric fans even more upset? I must go to bed now! Will post more when the Japanese fans provide more input.

sheetz

Record Breaker
Apparently, there are already questions about why Hamada was helping Vincent out, so making it official might make the ethnocentric fans even more upset? I must go to bed now! Will post more when the Japanese fans provide more input.

Maybe they might not like like it but at least they will understand it a little better.

Zenchio63

Final Flight
https://twitter.com/figureskatingm1/status/1143484121173204993?s=20

I just saw this on Twitter, sorry if this is a repeat. Hamada will co-coach Zhou, he will train in both States and Japan, as well as start in a Uni.

Tbh, with the length of their careers, if they earn income, I do not understand the attempts to take courses at the same time, but fingers crossed for Zhou.

Thanks, lariko, for another breaking news! I'm on my way to work with limited access to internet so this will be short. Vincent hasn't made any official announcements himself. Let's see if he posts anything in the next few days.

Regarding school, his parents must have persuaded him to go the Nathan route. That's how Chinese parents are. I also don't think it's wise since he still has quite a lot of work to do with his jumping technique and skating skills. Sending Vincent our best wishes for his new plans and hope everything works out for the best!

Zenchio63

Final Flight
Maybe they might not like like it but at least they will understand it a little better.

You're right. I'm sure the majority of fans are supportive and happy for Vincent. You know how something negative always stick out like a sore thumb. Vincent's Japanese fan was just upset by the couple of unsupportive messages she saw.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Thanks, lariko, for another breaking news! I'm on my way to work with limited access to internet so this will be short. Vincent hasn't made any official announcements himself. Let's see if he posts anything in the next few days.

Regarding school, his parents must have persuaded him to go the Nathan route. That's how Chinese parents are. I also don't think it's wise since he still has quite a lot of work to do with his jumping technique and skating skills. Sending Vincent our best wishes for his new plans and hope everything works out for the best!

I think it might be how American scholarships work as well, which might work for the various ball players who do college team sports. Well, fingers crossed, he does not drop down from exhaustion before the season even starts.

Zenchio63

Final Flight
I think it might be how American scholarships work as well, which might work for the various ball players who do college team sports. Well, fingers crossed, he does not drop down from exhaustion before the season even starts.

What is perplexing is Phil Hersh heard Vincent was planning to defer his admission, so it doesn't make sense to change his mind all of a sudden, given that he is going to probably get more ice shows in the future. Less time for studies. Not everybody can handle the Nathan schedule. I can't connect to Twitter at work but my friend is questioning the legitimate sources for that tweet. Will have to wait for Vincent to make the official announcement himself.