Vincent Zhou | Page 57 | Golden Skate

Vincent Zhou

Zenchio63

Final Flight
Thank you for the reply, so I guess this is pure good will help which is good.
It might not be much, but any type of help in this expensive sport is welcomed.
And I hope the ISU increase the prize money of the skaters, I mean the prices of Skating event tickets this year is so high.

You are very welcome, Imov. Yes, the sponsorship of skaters is part of Kinoshita Group's "social contribution" in supporting and promoting sports. Japan is very lucky to have such a huge corporation behind their figure skating culture.

It's ridiculous how much they charge for the ticket prices. All that talk about not having enough money to buy an extra camera for the technical panel..:drama: All they have to do is hold a couple of special benefit shows featuring Yuzuru, with popular skaters auctioning off their personal items, and I guarantee they can easily make enough money to equip each GP event with an extra camera, and more!

Zenchio63

Final Flight
I have a speculation that is related to figure skating.that is maybe Vincent's costume designer will be changed into someone based in Japan and Hamada Sensei worked with quite often. Hint, Satoka, Rika, Yuna's costume designer.:biggrin: ;);) I really like some of the back design for male skaters (hint: 大白鹅,图兰朵) :biggrin: from her:biggrin:

That would be really great! As long as they don't make Vincent wear something too frilly or extravagant. Not his style. When I was looking up the different skaters who posed with Vincent in his IG post, I came upon some costumes of Yuto Kishina (left of Vincent in the group pic), which I really like:

2018 SP costume - black top with just the right amount of bling and understated pizzazz. The design around the shoulders may be too "flowery" for Vincent, though. Reminiscent of Jun. The "Jun gloves" have got to go, of course!
2018 FS costume - medium violet blue shirt with sheen fabric, metallic pattern vest. Again, the gloves are a big NO!

For "Cloud Atlas", it would be nice if Vincent wore a white costume. At the 2017 Golden Moment (Kristi Yamaguchi fundraiser show), he wore a simple white top and looked really nice. Of course, it would need a bit more flair, like crystals and some flowy fabric trim. But nothing too foofoo.

Which particular male costumes do you have in mind?

Zenchio63

Final Flight
Dreams on Ice will start tomorrow in Yokohama (Friday, 2 shows on Saturday, Sunday): http://www.onice.jp/

Men: Keiji Tanaka, Kazuki Tomono, Tatsuya Tsuboi, Shun Sato, Sora Tarumi

Ladies: Rika Kihira, Kaori Sakamoto, Yuhana Yokoi, Yuna Shiraiwa, Tomoe Kawabata, Nana Araki, Rika Tejima

Ice Dance: Misato Komatsubara & Tim Koleto
Pair: Riku Miura & Shoya Ichihashi
Synchro: Jingu Ice Messengers

Guest skaters: Nathan Chen, Vincent Zhou, Alina Zagitova, Alexandra Trusova, Anna Shcherbakova, Alena Kostornaia; Vanessa James/Morgan Cipres

The June 30th show will be broadcast live on Japanese TV on Sunday afternoon (CS TBS channel 2, 12:25-4:00) broadcast schedule page: http://www.onice.jp/DOI19/info.html#tv

This TBS page also listed July 13th for a replay.

This tweet has the broadcast dates and time in English: https://twitter.com/ShunSato_fans/status/1143913316806463490

P.S. DOI needs a website upgrade. Those are really poor quality photos of the guests cropped from their exhibition programs.

Zenchio63

Final Flight
Latest article from Sina News: https://m.news.sina.com.tw/article/20190627/31771344.html

Nothing new, but thought I would post here. Edited translation. Zhou Zhifang is Vincent's Chinese name.

Chinese-American Figure Skating Prodigy To Enter Ivy League, Will Take a 2 year Leave of Absence to Prepare for Beijing Winter Olympics
Beijing Sina.com 06-27 12:59

Recently, 18-year-old Chinese-American gifted youth Zhou Zhifang announced that he has signed a contract with a new sponsor, Kinoshita Group of Japan. In addition, this fall, Zhou Zhifang will enter the Ivy League University of Brown. But he said that he will attend one semester first, and then take two years off to prepare for the Beijing Olympics in 2022.

Zhou Zhifang was born on October 25, 2000. At the age of 5, he began to practice figure skating. In 2011, he ruled the American Figure Skating Intermediate/Novice Group. In 2017, Zhou Zhifang won the Junior World Figure Skating Championship and the US Men's Silver (Senior Level). In 2018, he won third place in the US National Championship and was chosen to participate in PyeongChang's Winter Olympics. He won sixth place in the Winter Olympics.

In the 2018-2019 season, Zhou Zhifang's free skate used the Chinese-style "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon", which was very catching. In the 2019 FS World Championships, Zhou Zhifang won third place after another Chinese-American star, Chen Hao (Nathan), and two-time winter Olympian Hanyu.

Zhou Zhifang is looking forward to the Beijing Winter Olympics and has expressed multiple times his wish to participate in his parent's hometown. On November 8-10 this year, Zhou Zhifang will participate in the World Figure Skating Grand Prix Cup of China Tournament in Chongqing.

Zhou Zhifang's parents are both from Beijing. They graduated from the Department of Computer Science at Tsinghua University. They went to the United States to study in 1992. After working, they settled in Silicon Valley and worked as computer engineers. When Zhou Zhifang was 9 years old, his mother gave up her Silicon Valley job and moved to Southern California with him to devote to figure skating. Zhou Zhifang’s sister is currently studying at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.

Cute video compilation accompanying the latest news from weibo:
https://twitter.com/tenten740502/status/1144370454548774912

Zenchio63

Final Flight
Looks like Vincent performed "Slow Dancing in the Dark" at the DOI Saturday afternoon show and "I Will Wait" in the evening one. Hope he performs the new SP again for the Sunday broadcast.

Another photo of Friday's "I Will Wait" from hochi_sports IG: Swipe to 3rd one.
Interesting that Keiji's costume is similar to that of "Take On Me", with red gloves

Jack Gallagher of Sports Japan did another interview with Vincent (Ice Time Podcast), but no word yet on when it will be released:
https://twitter.com/sportsjapan/status/1144888336131035137

Today I had a great interview with the World's bronze medalist Vincent Zhou. We are both from San Jose, California.

Zenchio63

Final Flight
Dreams On Ice 2019

Vincent's latest IG post, with a record number of 8 photos. Kudos to him for sharing photos from other accounts, and for posing at the front, and not get hidden in the back like usual. :pray::)

Another wonderful pose with his SBS 4S partner, from Rika's IG

With Yuna Shiraiwa, in lovely "yukatas" (casual summer kimono)

Our own 3As (Asian-American Aces) doing the Masaru pose with the 4As (don't know what Alena was looking to the side for)
Swipe left to 2nd pic: Posing for the cameras. Vincent holding his hands like the 4As, while Nathan's are to the side. :laugh:

Checking his phone in the back while the 3 kawaii AAAs are posing up front

Posing with Nathan and Anna

Video clips from teamzagitova IG

Opening group number with Alina up front
Finale group number (glad Vincent was skating by Alina)

Gifs from @Beth_gifs

Gif 1 Slow Dancing in the Dark
Gif 2 Slow Dancing in the Dark with knee slide
Gif 3 Slow Dancing spread eagle

Rika & Vincent doing the SBS 4S, with matching black outfits.

Kazuki & Vincent "other pairs team on the rise"

Zenchio63

Final Flight
A few more DOI gifs from Beth. She has so many that it takes forever to scroll through them, LOL

GIF 1 - Group skating around the rink clapping
GIF 2 - New SP "I Will Wait"

yyyskate

Record Breaker
We don't need to worry about Vincent at all :love::luv17:. only need to wish him best of LUCK (no more unfortunate accidental injury :biggrin:please)

Will post more tonight, feedback, feelings(I have feelings... a lot of them):biggrin: etc.