Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1156 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

bubblecherry

Final Flight
Did you ever go to that SNOB restaurant? Imagine going to dinner and there is Evgenia at the next table. :dbana:

I've never been, but I'd like to go. Looking at the menu it seems a little pricey but I guess those are the spots you need to go to to find people like Shae and Zhenya :dbana:

I really want to go to Charleston so kind of jealous! Interesting that Shae lives there too. I wonder what drew her there. Is it part time? It’s not really a skating city I would imagine but maybe her presence could make it one.

I'd also like to know for all of the same reasons. It's a nice place to visit but I wonder what the draw is for a world class figure skating choreographer. Well, she's so wanted that she can get skaters down to Charleston, so maybe it's not that big of a deal for her

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I've never been, but I'd like to go. Looking at the menu it seems a little pricey but I guess those are the spots you need to go to to find people like Shae and Zhenya :dbana:

I'd also like to know for all of the same reasons. It's a nice place to visit but I wonder what the draw is for a world class figure skating choreographer. Well, she's so wanted that she can get skaters down to Charleston, so maybe it's not that big of a deal for her

I downloaded the menu, I think she had the vegetable entree. :laugh:

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Is the bag she‘s wearing the one her fans gave her? Either during Nationals or Russian Cup Final, I think. :)

It is definitely a fan group gift, but now we have to find the post where she received it. Zhenya I keeping us busy this weekend. :biggrin:

Fluture

Record Breaker
I downloaded the menu, I think she had the vegetable entree. :laugh:

If the next thing she does is post a picture of the meal she had at this restaurant, then we truly know she reads this forum. :laugh: Zhenya? What do you say about that? :cool:

5Axel

Rinkside
If the next thing she does is post a picture of the meal she had at this restaurant, then we truly know she reads this forum. [emoji23] Zhenya? What do you say about that? :cool:
You shouldn't have written this, now she won't do it ! [emoji23]

Rexarcadia

On the Ice
Omg the last few pages have been hilarious. Some A+ detective work :laugh:

I hope Zhenya continues to be active on Instagram, her updates always make my day

Fluture

Record Breaker
You shouldn't have written this, now she won't do it ! [emoji23]

Well, there are two possibilities:

1. She read this and now intentionally posts said picture

2. She read this and now does the exact opposite to troll us

In either case, we know she‘s reading in here. 100% definite foolproof proof. :p

And I‘m not making any sense anymore, the detective work killed my last brain cells. :laugh:

Watch

Final Flight
Love the detective work going of here! Nothing says "off-season" clearer than tracking Zhenya's hair colour to figure out when her FP was choreographed :laugh:

NoviceFan

Triple Something-Triple Looping
Medalist
How many times have you watched that FS sneak peek? Her SS has really improved - edges, flow, control. I am so inspired by Zhenya's resolve. Despite all the titles and accolades she has earned, she had the audacity to undertake all these changes and rebuild her career. And rather than going for temporary fixes, she literally chose the difficult (and maligned by some), but undeniably, the right path. Now she is well-adjusted, hopefully healthy (hope that injury from Worlds is all healed) and she seems happy. I am very inspired. Apologies for sounding sappy; stories of perseverance and sacrifice always move me. This one is no exception.

Fluture

Record Breaker
How many times have you watched that FS sneak peek?

Probably way too often to admit here. :slink: It was the same with her SP sneak peek. I watched it so often I knew every little change of music and movement. :laugh:

Her SS has really improved - edges, flow, control. I am so inspired by Zhenya's resolve. Despite all the titles and accolades she has earned, she had the audacity to undertake all these changes and rebuild her career. And rather than going for temporary fixes, she literally chose the difficult (and maligned by some), but undeniably, the right path. Now she is well-adjusted, hopefully healthy (hope that injury from Worlds is all healed) and she seems happy. I am very inspired. Apologies for sounding sappy, stories of perseverance and sacrifice always move me. This one is no exception.

To my mind, you don‘t sound sappy at all because I think exactly the same way. Thanks for wording it perfectly. :clap:

Rexarcadia

On the Ice
How many times have you watched that FS sneak peek? Her SS has really improved - edges, flow, control. I am so inspired by Zhenya's resolve. Despite all the titles and accolades she has earned, she had the audacity to undertake all these changes and rebuild her career. And rather than going for temporary fixes, she literally chose the difficult (and maligned by some), but undeniably, the right path. Now she is well-adjusted, hopefully healthy (hope that injury from Worlds is all healed) and she seems happy. I am very inspired. Apologies for sounding sappy, stories of perseverance and sacrifice always move me. This one is no exception.

Well said! Not sappy at all. This, on the other hand, will get sappy:

I've been a fan for a few years now and it always amazes me to think about how much adversity she has had to overcome. Critics have been predicting/hoping for her downfall ever since her breakout in seniors in 2015. They said that her reign would soon be over, that puberty would be the end. But then she became double world champion. Then she overcame an extremely turbulent season wrought with injuries and politics to deliver some of the most memorable Olympic performances in history. And we all know last season was even wilder - her body was broken after the Olympics, and she decided to change her whole life to continue skating. New coaches, new country, new lifestyle, new everything. The critics and the media were ruthless when she struggled. They tried to tear her down, and I'm sure there were times that Zhenya doubted whether she could go on.

But she did go on. In the face of so much negativity and sentiment that she didn’t deserve to be there, she persevered, overcoming injury to get back on the Worlds podium. Proving the doubters wrong has been the story of Evgenia’s life.

She is the strongest and most inspiring athlete I know and I can't wait to see what this upcoming season holds.

NoviceFan

Triple Something-Triple Looping
Medalist

I've been a fan for a few years now and it always amazes me to think about how much adversity she has had to overcome. Critics have been predicting/hoping for her downfall ever since her breakout in seniors in 2015. They said that her reign would soon be over, that puberty would be the end. But then she became double world champion. Then she overcame an extremely turbulent season wrought with injuries and politics to deliver some of the most memorable Olympic performances in history. And we all know last season was even wilder - her body was broken after the Olympics, and she decided to change her whole life to continue skating. New coaches, new country, new lifestyle, new everything. The critics and the media were ruthless when she struggled. They tried to tear her down, and I'm sure there were times that Zhenya doubted whether she could go on.

But she did go on. In the face of so much negativity and sentiment that she didn’t deserve to be there, she persevered, overcoming injury to get back on the Worlds podium. Proving the doubters wrong has been the story of Evgenia’s life.

She is the strongest and most inspiring athlete I know and I can't wait to see what this upcoming season holds.

:cry:

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Even in juniors. When she got Bronze at Junior worlds , there were comments that she would never qualify again to make it on the international stage. Her perfect 2nd year in juniors, she still was not a favorite. But she kept on skating, and proving the naysayers wrong. Her personality as well as her skating, is why I'm a lifetime fan. :luv17:

bubblecherry

Final Flight
This has been the best weekend in her fanfest since she won Worlds Bronze. :thumbsup:

I'm enjoying it. I love the content and I love dissecting it with you all :)

How many times have you watched that FS sneak peek? Her SS has really improved - edges, flow, control. I am so inspired by Zhenya's resolve.

And she still has 2-3 months until the beginning of next season, there's so much time to grow and improve and get comfortable with her programs and any changes she's making :) I'm so, so, so excited