Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1157 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
Well said! Not sappy at all. This, on the other hand, will get sappy:

I've been a fan for a few years now and it always amazes me to think about how much adversity she has had to overcome. Critics have been predicting/hoping for her downfall ever since her breakout in seniors in 2015. They said that her reign would soon be over, that puberty would be the end. But then she became double world champion. Then she overcame an extremely turbulent season wrought with injuries and politics to deliver some of the most memorable Olympic performances in history. And we all know last season was even wilder - her body was broken after the Olympics, and she decided to change her whole life to continue skating. New coaches, new country, new lifestyle, new everything. The critics and the media were ruthless when she struggled. They tried to tear her down, and I'm sure there were times that Zhenya doubted whether she could go on.

But she did go on. In the face of so much negativity and sentiment that she didn’t deserve to be there, she persevered, overcoming injury to get back on the Worlds podium. Proving the doubters wrong has been the story of Evgenia’s life.

She is the strongest and most inspiring athlete I know and I can't wait to see what this upcoming season holds.

Your avatar is beautiful. It captures Zhenya perfectly :luv17:

Rexarcadia

On the Ice
Even in juniors. When she got Bronze at Junior worlds , there were comments that she would never qualify again to make it on the international stage. Her perfect 2nd year in juniors, she still was not a favorite. But she kept on skating, and proving the naysayers wrong. Her personality as well as her skating, is why I'm a lifetime fan. :luv17:

Ah ok thank you, I didn't know what people said about her in juniors. And I agree, her charming personality in addition to her skating is what really makes her super special.

Your avatar is beautiful. It captures Zhenya perfectly :luv17:

Thank you! The fierceness in her eyes is just incredible

Watch

Final Flight
The blue dress from Zhenya's strawberry-picking pictures is a gift from a Japanese fan! She got it at FaOI Makuhari.[emoji4]
https://twitter.com/happiness_ictm/status/1150436669801152512?s=19

Props to her for wearing fan gifts for photos like these to show how much she appreciates them!

According to the Post and Courier, Evgenia will be in Charleston later this summer too: https://www.postandcourier.com/spor...cle_246db3d0-8ede-11e9-8071-a3abf43f49d9.html
That's great to hear, maybe we'll get a few more photos from there as well :hap10:

Ophelia

Record Breaker
The MOG piece she and Shae selected has incredible step seq potential during the drums bit. Mirai Nagasu skated to the same piece years ago and her step seq was the most memorable part of the program.

skatingfan200

Medalist

No red hair:biggrin:

We did an amazing job together, with Ilia and with Shae-Lynn. I went to America for mounting the free skating for one week. It was about seven to eight hours work on the program per day, three (hours) with Shae-Lynn one-to-one and then I continued to work a lot individually on the floor and on the ice,” Evgenia said.

One week in America means after FaoI Japan. So, SP= In April and FS= June