Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1178 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

Fluture

Record Breaker
Wow ACI! I have to say, I didn‘t expect that. Scares me a bit, tbh, with test skates right before and the scoring and competition is tough there as well. But Zhenya is Zhenya and hopefully everything will work out well!

Fluture

Record Breaker
So looking at this i would say if they do not make serious mistakes, the podium will ae between rika,bradie an zhenya

Don‘t forget about Eunsoo. And who knows what‘s up with Gabby but she could be a contender as well. Everything can happen, really but I‘m hoping for Zhenya to make the podium, of course. Which should be a pretty reasonable goal.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wow ACI! I have to say, I didn‘t expect that. Scares me a bit, tbh, with test skates right before and the scoring and competition is tough there as well. But Zhenya is Zhenya and hopefully everything will work out well!

With doing Shanghai Trophy, she probably chose ACI because it's close to TCC. Canada to Russia, Russia to Canada, Canada to China. That's a lot of travelling in one months time. I'm just sad that Jason isn't there.

Placebo11

On the Ice

I'm scared, too. I don't think she will beat Kihira but she should be ahead of anyone else.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Why ACI, I bet I'll have to wake up at ungodly hours again this year for the ladies event.😭😂
It is not surprising that she choose ACI, but I still would have wished for a different competition. At least it will prepare her for Skate Canada.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Why ACI, I bet I'll have to wake up at ungodly hours again this year for the ladies event.����
It is not surprising that she choose ACI, but I still would have wished for a different competition. At least it will prepare her for Skate Canada.

I wish she had a different challenger. Mainly to get a high seasons best score. Plus she's never done Lombardia or Nebelhorn.

ejnsofi

Final Flight
I wish she had a different challenger. Mainly to get a high seasons best score. Plus she's never done Lombardia or Nebelhorn.

Maybe she just wanted to get through those early comps in short amount of time to prepare to GPs without any rush? If there will be elements in the program that don't work she still will have plenty amount of time to do some adjustments before Skate Canada.

Watch

Final Flight
Why ACI, I bet I'll have to wake up at ungodly hours again this year for the ladies event.����

Ugh yes, not looking forward to that... I've grown too superstitious over the last season, because every time I didn't watch live, I woke up to bad results �� so I guess I just have to watch live, that's just common sense!

The field's tough and going there pretty much right after returning from Russia is even tougher, but maybe she'll get ahead of the jet lag that way and skates before it gets her :laugh:

thatbeatingheart

On the Ice
Country
Germany
I had a feeling they would still go for ACI despite the inconvenience. Tough field!

Do you think she'll do a second Challenger this season? I think Shanghai Trophy doesn't count for SB, so maybe Golden Spin of Zagreb? Of course GPF is the goal but it would be smart to have a backup plan in case it doesn't happen.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada

If she did Lombardia, that would be just as tight with test skates - less of a time change/jet lag, but then she'd still have to go home and deal with the time change to train. Plus, Liza is doing Lombardia. If she did Nebelhorn, she'd have Shanghai one week after which could be tough.

Nepela would be nicely spaced between test skates and Shanghai, but then she would have almost no time at TCC to train.

The other thing about Autumn Classic is that no other Russian ladies are there.

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
I probably won't be able to watch live both competitions. I hope I don't wake up to bad results too :laugh:

I'm so glad test skates are on the weekend. That way I can sit down, relax, die out of excitement, have my coffee and take notes of everyone :biggrin:

Evgenia Medvedeva Pyeongchang SP (NBC commentary)
https://youtu.be/K_8BbSlwfrw

This person promised and delivered :luv17:

ejnsofi

Final Flight
I had a feeling they would still go for ACI despite the inconvenience. Tough field!

Do you think she'll do a second Challenger this season? I think Shanghai Trophy doesn't count for SB, so maybe Golden Spin of Zagreb? Of course GPF is the goal but it would be smart to have a backup plan in case it doesn't happen.

I don't think so. She never did more than one Challenger.

DeeDee18

On the Ice
I think the benefit of doing ACI is the strict judging panel - they'll show all the flaws from the start so they know what to fix. It's not like going to any random comp, getting super high marks and then just skating the same way the entire season cause you're not doing anything "wrong". Unfortunately, Zhenya will not be in Russia for very long (unless she arrives early)

bubblecherry

Final Flight
Kinda wish she was doing any other challenger besides ACI but I am very happy she's doing one. For a few days I was concerned she wouldn't end up doing one

A more optimistic look at this situation is that because she is doing ACI, if she attempts any new combinations like her lutz combination or a quad :pray: and gets them called clean we will see massive GOE’s for the rest of the season because it’s a tough tech panel and they set the standard. It also means any under rotated jump attempts by her competitors will be penalised fully. So all in all I’d say she stands a pretty good chance of having a positive outcome from the competition.

Fluture

Record Breaker
I‘m not particularly excited about ACI either, I would have preferred a calmer start to the season, higher SB possibility, less competition, not as much of a tight schedule. (But then again, with test skates and Shanghai Trophy, it would have been difficult anyway)

But remember, that‘s Zhenya we‘re talking about. She‘s not one to take it easy, just because it‘s the beginning of the season. And if we worry and I know that I, for one, do very easily, we should keep in mind that Zhenya‘s the girl who’s been training with girls stronger than her or at least on her level technically for her entire career before she moved to Orser. This was her life, day in, day out. She‘s the one watching junior test skates, yes, to compliment the new generation but also because she‘s smart and realises this will be her (main) competition for Beijing 2022. So, to all those worrying (not in her fan fest but... other places) whether Zhenya would suddenly forget about the other Russian wonderkids and just ran away from the competition - rest assured, she did not. ;) Well, short story long as in pretty much all of my posts lol, my main point is that Zhenya is not afraid of strict judging or tough competition. It wasn‘t fear of tough competition that made her have problems last season, or the strict judging. It was her having to adjust to literally everything that fell onto her shoulders after the Olympics. She seems to be in a better place mentally now, she‘s had much more time to prepare and while we still haven‘t reached the ~2 years Orser talked about and can expect some issues as she upgrades her tech, she’s certainly more comfortable with him and his methods than she was last year when she drastically changed from one system to the other. ACI will be a more difficult start to competing than she could have had but she‘ll face roughly the same field at SCI anyway, so why not just get ready for it sooner than later. And SCI will have tough scoring as well, so judges at ACI can show her what to improve and focus on in her preparation for the GP series.

Thanks for coming to my ramblings of how “ACI will be stressful for us but it might have some benefits too“ lol :)

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
My only fear is the tight schedule.

As for the season, my other fear is that they'll keep changing the programs frequently like last year, and that's giving me anxiety [emoji23]