Evgenia Medvedeva | Page 1291 | Golden Skate

Evgenia Medvedeva

iamSkylar

Rinkside
No one’s advocating or speculating and wishing for someone to make mistakes. Facts are rika’s axel is inconsistent especially in the short and thus I think Evgenia can have a huge lead over her competitors....

It is speculation. In that regard, it is also a fact that Zhenya has had her struggles last season and didn’t have the best skate during her competition.

Please leave other skaters’ names out since it unnecessarily pits one fandom against another and does more harm to Zhenya than not.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It is speculation. In that regard, it is also a fact that Zhenya has had her struggles last season and didn’t have the best skate during her competition.

Please leave other skaters’ names out since it unnecessarily pits one fandom against another and does more harm to Zhenya than not.

I agree, we should not talk about other skaters here. It always leads to negative posts. And her fan fest should be a safe haven for her fans. Plus if Evgenia does read our posts, we want her to leave this fan page with a smile. :)

NoviceFan

Triple Something-Triple Looping
Medalist
@NoviceFan
Wishing you a lot of fun this week at Skate Canada! :) I remember you saying that you were going. Hope Zhenya loves your plushies :)

Have fun @NoviceFan!

Thank you, guys! I will be there Friday (I’m on a side trip right now). So exciting to see Zhenya again! My plushies are ready (it was the funniest thing to pack so many; they take up so much luggage space but at least they’re not as heavy).

bubblecherry

Final Flight
Thank you, guys! I will be there Friday (I’m on a side trip right now). So exciting to see Zhenya again! My plushies are ready (it was the funniest thing to pick so many; they take up so much luggage space but at least they’re not as heavy).

What plushies did you end up getting? I hope you have the best time, Novice, you're a great fan & you deserve it :)

Anyone else going? I hope everyone is able to enjoy themselves, I'm sure it'll be amazing to see Zhenya. Please let us know your thoughts on how she skates live and what the atmosphere is like during practices + competition :)

Watch

Final Flight
Thank you, guys! I will be there Friday (I’m on a side trip right now). So exciting to see Zhenya again! My plushies are ready (it was the funniest thing to pick so many; they take up so much luggage space but at least they’re not as heavy).

Hope you'll have a blast!

NoviceFan

Triple Something-Triple Looping
Medalist
What plushiesDid you end up getting?

I got her a watermelon, crown, Viktor Nikiforov and a goat ;)

Thanks for the well wishes. I’ll be channeling all the good vibes and positive energy in this FF to the arena while Zhenya’s performing. :)

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Thanks for the well wishes. I’ll be channeling all the good vibes and positive energy in this FF to the arena while Zhenya’s performing. :)

Have a great time. :)

bubblecherry

Final Flight

A goat HAHAHA I hope she receives it and understands the message ;)

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
The former Finnish figure skater Kiira Korpi, who won silver and two bronzes at the European Championships, talked about Zhenya in an interview:

"I ask myself: 'And how do we measure success in the 21st century?' I look at Medvedeva’s career as an incredible success. Now it is even more successful than in Russia. She is freer, she can do figure skating for many more years. She inspires & touches the audience with her bold decisions. And the decision to leave was definitely not easy. Success is measured not only by the color of your medal. Every athlete is such a story! And it makes the sport charming."

https://twitter.com/MedvedevaNation/status/1187396710856888320?s=20
https://twitter.com/MedvedevaNation/status/1187397513889959937?s=20

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist

Best choices ever!

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
Yep. First practice starts in 4 hours. I will look out for YouTube streams!

Hmmm I must've mixed sth because I thought it would be sth like at almost midnight-1am for me, but with this new info it looks like 9-10pm. Now have to go check the time difference again. :laugh:

silveruskate

On the Ice
As a fan I can also see that Zhenya has been so blessed and had her fill of wonderful achievements in her career. 2 Olympic medals, 2 Worlds, 2 Europeans etc. etc. Yes inside we want even more for her as fans, and to see more medals...but Zhenya is already a legend of the sport. Thinking about the skaters coming up now: 3A, Kihira and then Valieva etc. needing to all scrap for the medals on offer in these next few seasons makes me feel very humble and think that Zhenya has already earned what is due to her, and that makes me happy.

I wish Zhenya every single success of course, and more medals. But most of all, I hope to see improvements in her skating in this stage of her career and wonderful programs. Good luck this GP season!