2019-20 U.S. Ladies Figure Skating | Page 133 | Golden Skate

2019-20 U.S. Ladies Figure Skating

catjohnsn2

Spectator
*praying for whatever it takes to get Bradie into GPF*

Bradie and Rika are my two favorites. I will have the best meltdown if they both make GPF.

Bradie has my favorite programs of this season. Excellent programs terrifically executed.

I was at Skate America and both of her programs were EXCELLENT! Her progress in the last two years has really impressed me and I'm hoping for the best regarding the Final!!

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Does Bradie beat Tuktamysheva and Young You in the tiebreaker for who could make it to the Final?

I still think it’ll be incredibly difficult for bradie to make the Final, but she did well at her assignments.

Greengemmonster

On the Ice
I was lurking in the calculations thread and apparently Bradie is still in it.

If Satoko podiums in her next event Bradie will be out but as of right now she's not gone yet.

She skated beautifully and it would be such a shame if she just missed out.

I can't help but think if she'd gotten another Grand Prix besides SC she would have been better off.

katymay

Medalist

If Satoko podiums in her next event Bradie will be out but as of right now she's not gone yet.

I can't help but think if she'd gotten another Grand Prix besides SC she would have been better off.

Even if she just misses, it seems like every year someone is injured or sick and drops out before the final. If she is first alternate there is a chance she will go.

mrrice

Record Breaker
Even if she just misses, it seems like every year someone is injured or sick and drops out before the final. If she is first alternate there is a chance she will go.

Even if she just misses the final, it has been a great GP season for Bradie. She has set herself up well heading into nationals.

NAOTMAA

Medalist
Last year she was pretty inconsistent for the majority of the season. She never seem to put a clean SP and FS together in one competition. This year she's definitely upped her game and is doing better right off the bat. I think this season she's finally settling in as a senior which is great to see

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
*praying for whatever it takes to get Bradie into GPF*

Bradie and Rika are my two favorites. I will have the best meltdown if they both make GPF.

Bradie has my favorite programs of this season. Excellent programs terrifically executed.

I think she did it with the downfall of Liza. But I can think of many other things to pray for other than Bradie making the GPF. That being said a world medal is not impossible. The American ladies have a good shot of regaining their three ladies spots. And that's even without any idea about Ting's situation. Get ready for a melt down.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker

True but life is luck. Look at this year's men. It was wide open - sure they had a former world medallist in Jin and Yan has done very well but a lot is luck. One of the 4A's could crash and burn and as mentioned before the odds are someone will drop out and Bradie will go.

Shani

On the Ice
Also you cannot rule Bell out either. She scored higher in France to win the bronze than Satoko did to win the silver in Cup of China. Next week will be very interesting. At least the US ladies seem to be improving their consistency. And congrats to Amber Glenn who seems to be building confidence in her own ability.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Amber needs to get rid of her introspective FS and do something with more speed and pizzazz that she can perform the heck out of. It seemed to me that she was so absorbed in her own thoughts that she lost her choreo and completely botched two elements (one with a lot of points).

It has also bothered me that her SP and FS music are too much the same.

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
^
This.

Having two samey ballads is not doing her any favours.

I particularly dislike the Scars cover version she uses for her SP, use the original Papa Roach version Amber and go all Emo Rock xD

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Also you cannot rule Bell out either. She scored higher in France to win the bronze than Satoko did to win the silver in Cup of China. Next week will be very interesting. At least the US ladies seem to be improving their consistency. And congrats to Amber Glenn who seems to be building confidence in her own ability.

In France, Mariah wasn't facing any top home skaters with major international cred. That is certainly not the case in Russia. The gold medal there is earmarked for Trusova. Medvedeva has to skate her best on home turf, and she demonstrated last year at Nationals that she could deliver at home under pressure after a rough early start. At Rostelecom, Evgenia's already huge PCS will soar due to home ice inflation.

Then there is Miyahara, who is a superb performer. Technically, Satoko has some challenges, but then Mariah does, too. And when it comes to performance, you have Schindlers List vs. Hallelujah. IMO, Satoko has the better vehicle.

To challenge for the GPF, Mariah absolutely must win silver, and meltdowns from both Medvedeva and Miyahara seem unlikely. Two bronzes would be nice, but that would put Mariah behind Bradie.

Olympic

On the Ice
If RC is -

1. Trustable ( a given )
2. Medvedeva
3. Bell
4. Miyahara ( and scores under 216)

Bradie is in the GPF

If RC is -

1. Trusova
2. Medvedeva
3. Miyahara (or 2nd)
4. Bell

Satoko is probably in the GPF. I think this is the odds on likelihood

If RC is -

1. Trusova
2. Bell
3. Medvedeva
4. Miyahara

Bell likely goes, but Medvedeva and Satoko will have to have subpar performances for this scenario

IF it is -

1. Trusova
2. Bell
3. Miyahara
4. Medvedeva

There will be some form of tiebreaker between Mariah and Satoko

Medvedeva winning would be her only chance to go, but Bell and Satoko would have to finish 3rd and 4th. This is unlikely

Last edited:

natsulian

Final Flight
Best of luck to all the ladies competing this upcoming week. Of note, Bradie will be at her first Challenger event of the season whilst Bell will compete in Russia.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
If Bradie doesn't get to the GPF, perhaps she'll be sent to Golden Spin (which she did last year).

katymay

Medalist
^
This.

Having two samey ballads is not doing her any favours.

I particularly dislike the Scars cover version she uses for her SP, use the original Papa Roach version Amber and go all Emo Rock xD

Agree. And just because it is your favorite song, doesn't mean someone over 40 (which most judges at this level are) will enjoy this music. I groan every time I hear Generic Wailing Pop Ballad That Was Last Heard On A Netflix Series used for programs. Conversely, within 10 seconds of hearing Matteo's Flamenco program I found and bought the music.

Makemi

Rinkside
I'm late to the party but can I say I've been completely impressed at how Bradie and Mariah have performed this season! They've both made huge strides in improving their weaknesses (artistry for Bradie, consistency for Mariah) and the work they've done over the off-season has clearly paid off. I would love to see either of them in the GPF (though admittedly I'm torn because that would come at the expense of Satoko and I love Satoko too...). Not sure if either can catch Alysa if Alysa brings the 3As and quads, but U.S. Nationals will be exciting regardless.

Best of luck to Mariah at RC!

sheetz

Record Breaker
Don't forget that all 3 sectionals are this week. Do we have a list of skaters who will be competing? Obviously many eyes will be on Gracie.